• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to do with ON Essential Amino Energy now that I just got some Creatine Mono?

Last time I checked BN was $19 per kilo, not sure about hype, BN sells pharmaceutical grade pure creatine, does not really get any better than that.
I was more referring to TP's hype. They claim it goes thru another processing/filtering step which ensures it's the most pure mono available, hence you pay a bit more for it.
In comparison, BN is $7 for the same 250g size.

I was more referring to TP's hype. They claim it goes thru another processing/filtering step which ensures it's the most pure mono available, hence you pay a bit more for it.
In comparison, BN is $7 for the same 250g size.

I see, yeah all that stuff is just BS, creatine is creatine, there is no magic to it. $19/kilo is cheap enough for most people, I think I still have about ½ a kilo here, might use it up one of these days...

Way over thinking things OP - just take them together - split them - etc etc - will not make a difference.....

I see, yeah all that stuff is just BS, creatine is creatine, there is no magic to it. $19/kilo is cheap enough for most people, I think I still have about ½ a kilo here, might use it up one of these days...

I would've bought through BN but I tried to get one of those free samples to test it out a week earlier but I still haven't received it.
I was a bit worried that if I buy what I was gonna buy, I would not receive it.

Way over thinking things OP - just take them together - split them - etc etc - will not make a difference.....
I'm just not sure what would happen if I mix different chemicals together.

I would've bought through BN but I tried to get one of those free samples to test it out a week earlier but I still haven't received it.

Nothing mate....they are not chemicals....you will be fine.

No issues with BN's stuff. I find the freight time from TP or BN to be pretty similar.
TP's products are slightly more expensive but cheaper freight if you're just getting one or two small things. If you're getting a lot, go thru BN as their postage is flat rate.

No issues with BN's stuff. I find the freight time from TP or BN to be pretty similar.
TP's products are slightly more expensive but cheaper freight if you're just getting one or two small things. If you're getting a lot, go thru BN as their postage is flat rate.

Well I tried to get the free sample thing from BN two weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet so I just decided to order everything from TP instead.
I was really gonna buy from BN seeing their WPC was $99/5kg where is in TP it was about 125ish for 5kgs.

Yes I would definitely recommend trying protein samples before committing to 5kg, I know True Protein tastes pretty damn good as I got a heap of samples from them and gave them good reviews, I really liked the taste of their protein and the taste might be worth the extra $$$ for me it certainly would in some cases.

Some people love the BN taste, I find it a bit too weak for my taste buds, but essentially they have a great pure, good quality product at a great price. Creatine is creatine, and has no taste, so you can quite happily order a kilo or three from BN it's only $19/kg last time I checked, I think I ordered two kilos last time and still have about half a kilo left as I stopped using all supplements. I will go through and use it up soon along with my left over proteins, I think I have about 3kg left here.

Mate they are not chemicals as such and they are only food, any excess will get discarded by your body, some people hype supplements up to steroid standard, when in reality they make so little difference they would not be worth their price at a ¼ of the cost, they do very little and most are totally unproven. I stopped using all supplements and it has not made any difference I could notice.

They are the 1% of your journey where training, diet and dedication make up the other 99%.

Last edited:
Yes I would definitely recommend trying protein samples before committing to 5kg, I know True Protein tastes pretty damn good as I got a heap of samples from them and gave them good reviews, I really liked the taste of their protein and the taste might be worth the extra $$$ for me it certainly would in some cases.

Some people love the BN taste, I find it a bit too weak for my taste buds, but essentially they have a great pure, good quality product at a great price. Creatine is creatine, and has no taste, so you can quite happily order a kilo or three from BN it's only $19/kg last time I checked, I think I ordered two kilos last time and still have about half a kilo left as I stopped using all supplements. I will go through and use it up soon along with my left over proteins, I think I have about 3kg left here.

Mate they are not chemicals as such and they are only food, any excess will get discarded by your body, some people hype supplements up to steroid standard, when in reality they make so little difference they would not be worth their price at a ¼ of the cost, they do very little and most are totally unproven. I stopped using all supplements and it has not made any difference I could notice.

They are the 1% of your journey where training, diet and dedication make up the other 99%.

Since I'm quite skinny and still starting out, I mix other things into my shake to gain some mass so the flavour isn't that really important to me, unless it's post workout and I'm drinking at the gym so the only flavour source is the powder itself. And still I'm just starting out with creatine so I just bought the smallest option at TP and if the thing works out great for me I'll bulk buy at BN.

As for the chemical comment, I thought they are like these nutrients things are like a bit chemicals and stuff. My mistake.

If you are skinny and starting out try eating more whole foods to increase your calorie intake instead of worrying about supps like creatin etc

Yes I try to eat what I can but I know it's not enough that's why I want to take supplements.
I'm used to starving myself a lot so it will take time to add more food to my daily consumption so my body will get used to eating more.

Since I'm quite skinny and still starting out, I mix other things into my shake to gain some mass so the flavour isn't that really important to me, unless it's post workout and I'm drinking at the gym so the only flavour source is the powder itself. And still I'm just starting out with creatine so I just bought the smallest option at TP and if the thing works out great for me I'll bulk buy at BN.

Yep, don't get too carried away, personally if I was starting out skinny and know what I know now I would be concentrating on training, eating well, 3 decent meals a day (not rubbish and take away), have a few shakes a day (used to have morning ( I don't really eat breakfast and don't like eating before 10:30am), post workout and before bed), may be a multi vitamin and creatine should cover it, fish oil was another one, but moving away from that as research is staring to show that by the time it's processed and consumed it goes rancid and causes more harm than good.

Creatine only because it's cheap, and probably one of the few supplements that actually does something, protein shakes are nothing fancy, they are just food, the same as a piece of chicken or tuna.