• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement scams in the US

The American paper, released on Monday, reveals that many herbal "supplements", do not contain any trace of those substances.
In fact, many of the tested supplements contained little more than cheap powdered rice, wheat and houseplants.
"Among the attorney general's findings was a popular store brand of ginseng pills at Walgreens, promoted for 'physical endurance and vitality,' that contained only powdered garlic and rice," reports the New York Times.
"At Walmart, the authorities found that its ginkgo biloba, a Chinese plant promoted as a memory enhancer, contained little more than powdered radish, houseplants and wheat – despite a claim on the label that the product was wheat- and gluten-free."
Furthermore, they found that three out of six herbal products sold at Target – ginkgo biloba, St John's wort and valerian root, a sleep aid – contained none of the herbs on their labels.
"But they did contain powdered rice, beans, peas and wild carrots," The New York Timesreveals.

Peas, wild carrots and beans are probably better for you anyway. Oh the irony.

There was another scam some years back with them diluting olive oil with canola oil and adding food dye. But at least they don't add High Fructose Corn Syrup to everything. Oh, wait….

Incorrect.
It was the cheese factory supplier in California...

Undeniable proof:

58870152.jpg

I still have all those creative meme's you guys created.
I think I would have to say the one with the bull's horn up the Spanish Bullfighter's backside was my fave. :)

I still have all those creative meme's you guys created.
I think I would have to say the one with the bull's horn up the Spanish Bullfighter's backside was my fave. :)

Lol.

Is there a reason why you're back again Nick? Is something BIG coming again?
@Shrek ; and Admin love a good Protein War Bwahahahahaha :D

I never left :)
Check the forums every couple of days.
I'm still spamming our section of this forum with our Monthly newsletter every month! :p
Just a bit quieter these days.

Any Ausbb competitions happening around here? You guys should get something happening and we can throw in prizes to the winner.
Get the forum buzz up a little etc.

I never left :)
Check the forums every couple of days.
I'm still spamming our section of this forum with our Monthly newsletter every month! :p
Just a bit quieter these days.

Any Ausbb competitions happening around here? You guys should get something happening and we can throw in prizes to the winner.
Get the forum buzz up a little etc.

+1

like what i read here :)

All good suggestions. It doesn't have to be too serious just something where everyone can participate.
Get enough members together, have it properly run / moderated and we'll even do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

Direct me to the thread if it gets started!
Our hands are in to sponsor it.