• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chinese teen chops hand off to ‘cure’ internet addiction

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Chinese teen chops hand off to ‘cure’ internet addiction

Beijing: A Chinese teenager has been rushed to hospital after chopping off his hand in a desperate attempt to cure his addiction to the internet.
There are currently an estimated 24 million young "web junkies" in China, according to official estimates and a growing number of clinics and military-style "boot camps" designed to rehabilitate them.
However, hoping to rid himself of the vice, one 19-year-old from the city of Nantong in Jiangsu province took drastic measures of his own. He hacked his left hand off, according to a report on the Jiangsu TV channel.
"We cannot accept what has happened. It was completely out of the blue. He was a smart boy," his mother, who declined to be identified, told reporters.
Advertisement
The woman said she had gone to her son's bedroom at around 11pm last Wednesday only to find that he had disappeared. She found a handwritten note on the bed in which he should have been sleeping.
"Mum, I have gone to hospital for a while," it read. "Don't worry. I will definitely come back this evening."
By then, her son, who was identified only as "Little Wang" had already smuggled a kitchen knife from their home and snuck out. Safely out of sight, the teenager severed his left hand at the wrist. He called a taxi to take him a nearby Hospital Emergency Room and left the hand lying on the ground.
Local television broadcast gory images of a bloodstained bench on which the boy had reportedly been sitting when he cut off his hand.
Surgeons at a local university hospital managed to reattach the hand after it was recovered by police but said they could not guarantee full mobility would return. One of the boy's teachers, who was not named, blamed his actions on an internet addiction which had made him "impetuous".

1422988908926.jpg

A 12-year-old boy is treated at the Beijing Military Region Central Hospital after spending four straight days in an internet cafe in 2005. Officials estimate there are currently 24 million young "web junkies" in China. Photo: AP

Chinese teen chops hand off to internet addiction

Fuck...

Drastic action to be sure. The internet and smartphones especially have created a new addiction that is worse than anything else imo

Like most media, i think there's only one side of the story there. Was she taking a responsible dose? What other drugs / stuff was she on? What precautions did she take?
It's my opinion that its perfectly safe, as long as you read the manual carefully.

My intended point was not that she was using some drug that is used by bodybuilders, but rather that she paid the ultimate price. That's what I meant by "it could've been worse". The young Chinese man cut his hand off, but he had enough sense not to take his own life, intentionally or otherwise.

My intended point was not that she was using some drug that is used by bodybuilders, but rather that she paid the ultimate price. That's what I meant by "it could've been worse". The young Chinese man cut his hand off, but he had enough sense not to take his own life, intentionally or otherwise.

Sorry, I misinterpreted you.

Me no understandy. My spidey senses are on alert.

He cut off his LEFT hand. Which hand do you use to control a mouse/mousepad?

If he was left handed, he would be using his right hand to cut it off. Something is wrong in the state of Wong.

He's cutting his naughty left hand off so that as he navigates Brazzers with the right, he won't be able to knuckle tackle himself unless... he smashes his lower ribs thereby opening up a whole new world of joy.

Pretty hard to be navigating and choking with just one hand. Bit like clapping I guess!