• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for a Pre workout - opinions

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Hey guys,

Been ages since I have used a pre workout, used to use a couple of No Doz tabs, a few Cayenne Pepper tabs and couple of other tabs I cant remember.

So I am looking at giving it a go and seeing if it makes any difference to my training at all or results etc etc .

I was looking at BN NOX3 as that's where I get my protein from, but if anyone has any reviews of it or other suggestions hit me up and I can check em out.....

Cheers

I'm still using the old stuff I stocked up on.
Jack3d, Craze, Hemo Rage.
Since DMAA is gone try something with AMP Citrate.
There's a pre-workout thread with loads of suggestions.

Yeah check the pre workout thread mate.

The question I like to ask you is this: What do you hope to get out of your preworkout? Are you after:
- the pump?
- the gurn?
- the stamina?
- all of the above?

Your answer will dictate very different recommendations of PWO for you should try.

thanks guys, I was looking for that thread, and then realised it was a sticky so been reading through it

Yeah check the pre workout thread mate.

The question I like to ask you is this: What do you hope to get out of your preworkout? Are you after:
- the pump?
- the gurn?
- the stamina?
- all of the above?

Your answer will dictate very different recommendations of PWO for you should try.

What stupid said. Different pre workouts will target different effects. Personally I feel the pre workouts full of caffeine will just raise your heart rate give you a crash. The pre workouts that focus on pumps aren't as harsh on the body.

NO3X + 550mg AMP citrate. Done.
Bulk Nutrients - Your One Stop Supplement Shop
4 Amino 2 Methylpentane Citrate AMP Citrate 100G Geranium Extract Replacement | eBay

IMO the whole 'what do you want your PWO to do' is crap. You want a stimulant effect which may delay fatigue from it, period. Some deliver some do not. The ones that are designed to give you 'skin tearing pumps' e.g. hemavol do not make much difference imo. You're not buying a car FFS....maybe you should ask yourselves what your PWO wants from you, you inconsiderate bastards.

Last edited:
Looking for a Pre workout - opinions

For the most basic, cheapest, and much underrated feel good, mentally & physically energised, minus the jolt and jitters, give this combo a go: 1.5g instant coffee, plus 100mg L Theanine. 1.5g instant coffee would give you approximately 50mg of caffeine. This CNS stimulator would be balanced out when L Theanine is added to the mix.

Alternatively, you may try something from the 80s that has been tried and tested and consistently yield a positive result. That positive result is (again), a feeling of mental and physical energy, and a general "I feel happy" kind of a feeling, perhaps due to some dopamine release. The combo for this is as follows: 1g Choline, to 500mg Inositol. Preferably taken on an empty stomach as you begin your drive to the gym.

As per below, Inositol may help with those 'explosive' movements :cool:

At the 1936 meeting of the American Chemical Society, professor Edward Bartow of the University of Iowa presented a commercially viable means of extracting large amounts of inositol from the phytic acid naturally present in waste corn. As a possible use for the chemical, he suggested 'inositol nitrate' as a more stable alternative to nitroglycerin.[SUP][19][/SUP] Today, inositol nitrate is used to gelatinize nitrocellulose, thus can be found in many modern explosives and solid rocket propellants.

For a few workouts last week, I actually tried similar to what [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; said. I had a stack of 1 cuppa coffee, 1g Choline Bitartrate, 4g Piracetam, scoop of BCAA's. Pretty nice actually. I am going to order L Theanine to add to the mix because I don't think just drinking green tea cuts the mustard.

Had a glass of water today before my workout as I was thirsty, seemed to do the job, had some more water after work out.

Coffee should cover it if you feeling a bit tired.