• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist wraps

Jeff

What are people using for wrist wraps?

I'm carrying an injury in my left wrist that means I need to use wraps for pretty much everything.

I was using 12" Titan titanium wraps for years but left them behind at the gym last year. I switched to my backup - 12" APT black mambas, but forgot them last week when I crawled out of the gym in a prowler-induced stupor.

Sadly they weren't handed in so now I need to buy more.

It's been 5+ years since I've bought wraps of any kind. What's good and where are people buying it from?

I'm leaning towards titanium wraps again, from liftinglarge.com. $34.28 USD inc. shipping to Melbourne.

I'm not a competitive lifter and I don't move big weights, so I'd prefer wraps that are easy to put on/take off and aren't too stiff.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about underground elite. Kinda gave up on aussie supplies a few years after I got stung by strengthsupplies and heard bad things about others.

Are the Iron Z and THP wraps particularly stiff/tight? In my head I associate them with serious, heavy lifting and powerlifting. I've never had more than about 140 kg in my hands and I'm nowhere near benching even that much at the moment.

I wasn't planning to go longer than 50 cm. Because of my injury I wrap my wrists even for things like pushdowns, JM presses, curls. I think I'd feel like a bit of a wanker putting on 1m wraps and doing curls!

Thanks! I'd forgotten about underground elite. Kinda gave up on aussie supplies a few years after I got stung by strengthsupplies and heard bad things about others.

Are the Iron Z and THP wraps particularly stiff/tight? In my head I associate them with serious, heavy lifting and powerlifting. I've never had more than about 140 kg in my hands and I'm nowhere near benching even that much at the moment.

I wasn't planning to go longer than 50 cm. Because of my injury I wrap my wrists even for things like pushdowns, JM presses, curls. I think I'd feel like a bit of a wanker putting on 1m wraps and doing curls!

Just do them up less tight
They are elastic

Same as Ono.
Iron Z 20"-36" wraps for training
THP 20" for comps.

Loaded lifting in WA is the best place to buy Inzer.

I have had no problem with them. delivery was pretty prompt. I bought their brand and they have done me well. Others on here would be more qualified to comment on brand etc

Cool, thanks guys. Went with the Inzer Iron Z 20" straps from Loaded Lifting.

UGE were cheaper by about $5 but didn't have stock and I didn't get a response from them about availability.

Pretty damn expensive at $55 delivered. I need to stop leaving shit behind at the gym.

I use GFA hard core wrist wraps - strong and super supportive. I think they are the best support partner to prevent injury.