• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lean Bulk Macros

L

lachyaus

Hey everyone, I'm 19 years old, 80kg and 5'11. I've been through a cut and got fairly lean, now wanting to bring up weak points and gain some more muscle on a lean bulk. How do these macros look? Cheers

GramsCalories
Protien 200800
Fat65585
Carbs4281715
TOTAL 3100

Just go by trial and error.
Aim for 500-600 gm of gain per week. Adjust accordingly.

Just go by trial and error.
Aim for 500-600 gm of gain per week. Adjust accordingly.

I'll add some fat from the carbs, and then adjust my calories from my weight progress.
Thanks for your help :)

What were your macros on your cut?

From experience I would keep the macros the same, just increase portion sizes/macros evenly. If you start introducing a lot more carbs and fat, you'll find it harder to stay lean.

Prefer 40 40 20 myself but no point being anal about it. Just go with what works then continually adjust to keep it working

Looks fine. Fat is on the lower end but nothing drastic.

As Shrek said, adjust if necessary. Biggest thing is consistency.

Too much carbs, get more oil (preferably from fish so there's your omega-3 intake sorted) into your system, especially on your non training days. Unless you do heaps of cardio or other sports of course.

Also, forget the notion of a lean bulk. Fat gain will happen regardless. The real key point is too ensure you are gaining as much lean weight as you can manage while doing it.

Seems like you have it sorted. Like JZ said, it will all come down to consistency in both diet and training.