• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beating WADA/ASADA's PEDs testing regime

S

Stiffy

How hard is it to beat WADA/ASADA's testing protocols? Saw an interview that Lance Armstrong did recently where he was saying everyone in top level cycling is on.

Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, Carl Lewis (supposedly), East Germany, China, Bulgaria and now Russia's systematic doping regimes have proven that it can be beat. And I'm sure they would be just the tip of the iceberg. Anyone want to guess how many more Countries and Athletes are getting away with PED programs.

How hard is it to beat WADA/ASADA's testing protocols? Saw an interview that Lance Armstrong did recently where he was saying everyone in top level cycling is on.

Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, Carl Lewis (supposedly), East Germany, China, Bulgaria and now Russia's systematic doping regimes have proven that it can be beat. And I'm sure they would be just the tip of the iceberg. Anyone want to guess how many more Countries and Athletes are getting away with PED programs.

Don't have any idea on how to beat it but it's whole existence of drugs and drug testing is virtually identical to a computer virus and AV.

There will always be someone making new drugs to get past the tests

In Australia, very hard.

If any of you ever get to a good standard in a sport subject to ASADA testing, just try it.

In Australia, very hard.

If any of you ever get to a good standard in a sport subject to ASADA testing, just try it.

Heres the thing. Lance Armstrong didn't have sophisticated techniques to get away with it, but still did. Gotta think there'd be a lot more sophisticated PED programs out there, especially when you've got Government run PED programs.

Lance Armstrong has admitted to using Testosterone, Growth Hormone, E.P.O., blood doping etc. All these things they have tests for. Yet he still got away with it.

The only way he and Marion Jones and I think the Russian's recently got caught was because people talked.

A steroid guru on another forum suspects that Lance Franklin was using growth hormone to come back from injury. Fark, half the Newcastle Knights team was caught using PEDs back in their glory days - cheating Blues lol.

How did he get away with it though?

OK, he got banned eventually, but that's only because he made a big mistake - messing with Floyd Landis. If he'd just given Floyd a job like he wanted, he would be home free.

Also, when people use Mario Jones and Lance Armstrong as examples, it's more about how long they got away with it and the ones who did get away with it. For example, anyone in the know in athletics knows that Usain Bolt uses, anyone in the know in cycling knows that Chris Froome uses - but until they get caught you just get caught up in arguments about them.

If testing meant there was 100% chance you'd get caught, then no one would get caught because no one would use. But the fact that the best of the best still get caught shows that they must have a chance of "getting away with it" - otherwise they wouldn't do it in the first place.

Tyler Hamilton:

So here’s how we beat the testers:
Tip 1: Wear a watch.
Tip 2: Keep your cellphone handy.
Tip 3: Know your glowtime: how long you’ll test positive after you take the substance.
What you’ll notice is that none of these things are particularly difficult to do. That’s because the tests were very easy to beat. In fact, they weren’t drug tests. They were more like discipline tests, IQ tests. If you were careful and paid attention, you could dope and be 99 percent certain that you would not get caught.

If you believe in ethical testers, then the easiest explanation of how to beat testers is the 3 strikes rule (applicable to all federations that adhere to the WADA code). Hamilton again:

“Mister Hamilton? I’m here from USADA to administer a doping test.”
Haven and I looked at each other for a long second. Then, moving as one, we hit the deck; we lay flat on our bellies on the tile floor of our new kitchen.
“Hello? Anybody there?”
We crawled across the floor and into the safety of the living room, and listened to the knocking.
We put them off for the day. I fudged my whereabouts form, drank a ton of water, peed a lot. Then, when I was sure I wasn’t glowing, I took the test.

Back then, he got away with that not counting as a strike! But even today, even IF the testers are strictly ethical, you still get two free missed tests before you have to really worry. That's why it's so important to actually look at HOW MANY TIMES athletes get tested. If it's only a few times a year, then it's just too easy to "beat" the test, since you have to be VERY unlucky to get tested at the wrong time (see the next point) and even if you do, you just hit the deck and take a strike.

Not only that, but there are rules about when testers can come knocking. And there is protocol too which tells you when they're very unlikely to come knocking. And there are places where they're very unlikely to come knocking. And there are ways to take steroids that have a very short glow time - like orally with oil. Hamilton again:

Around 2001 the red eggs (testosterone capsules) were used less than testosterone patches, which were more convenient. They were like big Band-Aids with a clear gel in the centre; you could leave one on for a couple of hours, get a boost of testosterone, and by morning be clean as a newborn baby.

Finally, all this assumes the federations WANT to catch people. There are strong suggestions that the UCI covered for Armstrong and made positive tests go away (cortisone AND EPO). Zorzoli recently did something similar for Chris Froome (cortisone) and has been implicated in covering for the Rabobank team (Rasmussen). In athletics, look at the way the Jamaican federation simply failed to test their athletes. And all of this is simply what makes it to the surface.

If you're a nobody, then you probably wouldn't get protection. But there is a clear conflict of interests where a big name is concerned. So while the 80% might still have to submit to the same "IQ Tests" - there is (possibly) the added safety for the big names, that they'll get advance warning about testing methodology, so-called "random" tests, and even possibly have tests just "go away"

So to say it can't happen is just naive. As I said before, if it was impossible to beat, no one would use and thus no one would test positive. Testing merely attenuates the usage

Yep, heard it a few times you just gotta hide under the bed lol. You might get a small penalty or something from the governing body but it isn't made public.

Alistair Overeem was a shocking example. He gained a massive amount of muscle mass to move from Lightheavyweight to Heavyweight. He went missing for awhile so testers couldn't test him. Then eventually he got done for very high Test.

Looks like if you're "in the know" it is certainly possible.

Detection of testosterone administration based on the carbon isotope ratio profiling of endogenous steroids: international reference populations of professional soccer players

i believe, they test for carbon isotopes, since testosterone is made from soy, and has a specific carbon formation, and its this they test for.

if you were to use non-plant derived testosterone, then this test fails.

Also you can eat a certain diet that throws off this carbon footprint, so the test becomes in-effective.

hormones need to be given in suspension as their base salt
This is pretty much unbeatable

Detection of testosterone administration based on the carbon isotope ratio profiling of endogenous steroids: international reference populations of professional soccer players

i believe, they test for carbon isotopes, since testosterone is made from soy, and has a specific carbon formation, and its this they test for.

if you were to use non-plant derived testosterone, then this test fails.

Also you can eat a certain diet that throws off this carbon footprint, so the test becomes in-effective.

is there any non-plant testosterone; that is what I have wondered about.

Yes. But more importantly, it's about whether the testosterone is bioidentical. Bioidentical test is indistinguishable from natural test. In other words, whether it's made from plants, animals, whatever, if it's not bioidentical you can perform things like the carbon isotope test to distinguish natural from synthetic test - but if it's not bioidentical...

Hudson's Guide: Bioidentical Testosterone

In general, most transdermal forms of prescription testosterone (such as gels, creams, and patches) contain bioidentical testosterone.

the other test they use if testosterone to epi-testosterone ratio with 4-1 limit.

Also, test for epitestosterone levels, as athletes were taking both to keep level at 1-1 ratio.