• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beating WADA/ASADA's PEDs testing regime

What is this base 'salt' you are referring to? An unesterified hormone is suspension/base, where does this 'salt' come from?

The salt is the ester, I worded it completely wrong but the point is still correct

I just prefer chicken salt thanks :p

Seriously though, what is sodium-heptyl ester and what does it do for the body?

Last edited:
It does nothing. I think the discussion went off the rails when the term "enanthate" came up. It's just something that hangs off the old testosterone lipid looking thingy. You know like testosterone decanoate, cypionate, propionate etc.....

I remember hearing an interview ages ago. Lance was teamed up with the bloke thatd help him pass the testing, they would bring new ways to test them out and within a week they were already passing them with ease. It's hard to believe any pro athlete wouldn't use a ped in some form or another.

Yep, if you're good you have a doctor. If you're really good, you have the really good doctors.

If I recall, the first EPO test came off the back of research by a guy (Conconi) who was at the same time doping athletes to the gills. So when it came in, everyone already knew how to beat it. Effectively for these doctors they truly think they're doing the right thing. They are improving the "health" of athletes through pharmaceuticals. And maybe they are...

An old work mate used to be on Lance Armstrong's cycling team. Said they had a team of doctors and knew who would pass/fail at any time and would send those who would pass to do the other not so important races to qualify for tour de france. Then put the best guys in when they would pass. Unsure about the random tests though. He was in Australia as the whole team got sacked basically.

yes, but UCI testing was a joke then.

Now testing in cycling much, much, more thorough; that is why much harder to cheat in cycling now, and performance standard has dropped.

Sports scientists such as Ross Tucker from South Africa have performed these comparisons, which demonstrate that from 2009, the average performance speed and power outputs of top tour riders fell by 5-10%. This is apparent from the fact that the tour winners of 2010 to 2012 being barely able to make the top ten in tours from the 1990s and 2000s.

http://theconversation.com/tour-de-frances-doping-history-clouds-a-cleaner-sport-28070

Yep, if you're good you have a doctor. If you're really good, you have the really good doctors.

It's hard to comprehend someone who has spent 12 years studying to be a GP, and spent who knows how long becoming good at it, want to throw it ALL away on something like this.

yes, but UCI testing was a joke then.

Now much, mucm, more thorough; that is why much harder to cheat in cycling now, and performance standard has dropped.

but that's in Le Tour. What about the recent Russian revelations.

I'd say its a certainty that there are ALOT more people working on ways to beat the system than there are people upholding the system. Its simple Economics. A lot more money is gained by cheating the system than is gained by upholding it. These testing bodies would have much much smaller budgets than those involved in competing for the billions and billions of dollars that winning sporting events provides.

Shit, if I came up with a way to beat the system, I'd be a millionaire in no time.

of course, there may be some corrupt countries.

So if Russians are good enough to reach top level of cycling, they will be subject to extensive testing in the sport.

when you are on pro cycling tour, you are subject to lots of tests.

Look up WADA testing numbers.

if you think drugs are rife in sport still, then show how the standard has not fallen.

Some sports not scrutinised as much, but many are.