• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Looks like you started the thread to me, if you didn't and the mods have made it a new one, then I have less of a issue. Mods can you confirm?

you then tagged me, in what looks like a new thread you created.

big mick, you are full of advice, talk the talk, but I am willing to bet you have never walked the walk.

luke McNally has more credentials than any other bodybuilding prep coach in Australia that I know of, so I will listen to him.
[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; not online at the moment but I remember he posted that he did start this thread.

Shrek, can you turn this into a poll pls. A poll to see how many people use BCAAs by themselves? :)

If Bigmick has not created this thread, I have far less of an issue. I have no problem with someone commenting or challenging within a thread.

i called Mick out as it appeared he went out of his way to do so to me.

waiting on mods response

Luke McNally has more credentials than any other bodybuilding prep coach in Australia that I know of, so I will listen to him.

BWAAhAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, yes of course a guy that runs a chain of supplement stores will give you genuine un bias nutritional advice, because there is no way he would have a vested interest in selling supplements :D

BWAAhAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, yes of course a guy that runs a chain of supplement stores will give you genuine un bias nutritional advice, because there is no way he would have a vested interest in selling supplements :D

I have known/ trained with Luke for over ten years. His advice has always come from extensive research.

i buy my Aminos from bulk nutrition, and he knows that.

Luke has also walked the walk. Have you?

Mick did not start the thread. I moved the posts from the other thread because someone did not want BCAA talk in their thread.

M

Mick did not start the thread. I moved the posts from the other thread because someone did not want BCAA talk in their thread.

With that in mind, apologies to Big Mick for reacting more than I typically would.

My position otherwise remains the same.

Last edited:
I have known/ trained with Luke for over ten years. His advice has always come from extensive research.

i buy my Aminos from bulk nutrition, and he knows that.

Luke has also walked the walk. Have you?

Fair enough, but I still think getting advise on supplements from a guy that owns a chain of supplement stores will not really give you an unbiased opinion, or sound nutritional advise.

May be getting feed back from independent studies on supplement use, like the link I posted earlier will give you some real advise IMO. It's worth a read.

Then again I am still waiting to see what you do to avoid BCAA's all day to stop those receptors getting blunted, which was the whole start of this discussion, I am willing to bet you are having at least 6-20 grams of BCAA's with every single meal you eat throughout the day before adding any supplements, remember that 100grams of any meat/eggs/fish/peanuts contains 4-7 grams of BCAA's depending on what it is.

To give you an idea:

100grams of chicken breast : 6.6grams of BCAA's, steak 6.2 grams, Tuna 5.6 grams, Peanuts 6.8 grams

Most other meats are similar, so you can now estimate how many BCAA's you are getting in a day with every meal. Your mate Luke might be a good coach, but knows little about nutrition if he is telling you to avoid BCAA's throughout he day. It's impossible, and I would say his results come from what I call parrot learning rather than understanding what is happening, parrot training is what most body builder trainees do, the simply say yes I train and I heat broccoli and chicken breast 8 times a day and have all these supplements and I will get big. Little do they know that the results they get are not because of what they eat but despite of what they eat.

Walk the walk??? Not sure what you mean, well I wore the green and gold and got selected to represent Australia in Los Angeles Long Beach internationals back in 1984, I have trained trainees up to Olympic level, one of my trainees just missed out on the Sydney Olympics by one spot (he was a reserve), same person made the World Championships in Poland where he placed well, also trained countless state and national champions, most of this probably happened before you were borne.

So not sure what walk the walk is supposed mean, when you get selected to wear the green and gold and represent your country overseas may be then you will also have walked the walk:p

And all that without a single BCAA supplement in sight:)

I choose to use BCAA, Luke's protocol is to use a bolus dose immediately post training, instead on sipping on them through the day.
My diet contains regular aminos from food all day.

walk the walk? - bodybuilding.

This is is a bodybuilding forum, and we are discussing bodybuilding and diet and supplementation related to bodybuilding.

have you been a Australian representative bodybuilder or Olympic lifter? Power Lifter? If not what disapline?

As as this is a forum about bodybuilding, ie the practice of gaining muscle and getting lean, walking the walk means you either are, or have done both. A pic would prove this. Otherwise you are another keyboard warrior

What about the hormone response issue I posted earlier? No thoughts on this?

Even though the core of building muscles will remain the same, the science and practices from 1984 have improved within the last 30 years.

People can talk as much as they want and post links all day, but there's something to be said for actually practising what you preach. Which is what Dave is getting at.

Even though the core of building muscles will remain the same, the science and practices from 1984 have improved within the last 30 years.

People can talk as much as they want and post links all day, but there's something to be said for actually practising what you preach. Which is what Dave is getting at.

Correct.

i have mentioned Mtor several times. I personally believe there is more to bodybuilding nutrition than simply having aminos in your blood stream from food. Call it bro science if you will, but it has served me well, and I posted my pic to show my results.

no point this thread going any further from my end, I didn't join this forum to have endless debates.

Big Mick, our opinions may differ, let's leave it at that

to be fair, if Luke advised to eat the corn out of a turd as it will make you as big and ripped as he is, i probably would.....just sayin....

to be fair, if Luke advised to eat the corn out of a turd as it will make you as big and ripped as he is, i probably would.....just sayin....

Like a said earlier, Luke owns a chain of supplement stores, so my guess is he would be pushing supplement use and promoting their imagined benefits, otherwise he would be a bad business man, he is not likely to suggest that supplement use does very little to nothing and that eating a normal balanced diet will more than adequately cover it.

Going by your above statement would you contribute his gains to the corn in the turd, or is it more likely he is as big as he is due to his training methods/intensity and the food he consumes on a daily basis?? I would suggest it's the latter.

This is before you consider other enhancements that are possibly involved as natural gains can only take someone so far in this field, but that is another topic all together.

Was extensively answered in post three of this thread, the response would only be relevant it a fasted state where you have not eaten for a few days prior to training, you need to read more than the glossy label on the product you buy. These responses only occur in fasted depleted subjects, and like I posted earlier, if you fast someone for 24hrs a Tim Tam Biscuit or table spoon of sugar will provide a hormonal response.

The science and practices have improved, but the body is still the same the marketing has improved as well, they sold aminos and proteins etc back in the 80's as well. The difference is I have spend time studying this for over 35 years, I have learned how to read and understand labels, the ingredients and what they do, rather than believe what the glossy front label tells you with the little asterix next to the claim where the disclaimer is in tiny almost unreadable print hidden somewhere. Just like your ON Gold Standard WPI Protein you bought believing it is high quality WPI by the front label but once you look at the ingredients and values you can easily work out that the 'WPI' is actually poorer quality that WPC with added digestive aids and WPC and milk powder fillers, which is still a useable protein , but you have just payed for something that you never got.