• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Upright Rows

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
I do them on the cables. Doesn't hurt my shoulders or forearms.
Seems like I'm turning to the cables more and more lately. I can train pain free with them.

Try upright rows on the cable. You'll love the pump.

I skipped BB ones for ages, didn't really see the point. Have recently gone back and liking it. Been meaning to try DB's.

If you like the cables so much, maybe you should just get one of those door "gyms"

Chuck can't be wrong....

chuck_02.jpg

Can he??

Try upright rows on the cable. You'll love the pump.

Great Friday night exercise, not a real builder, but fully sick Friday night pumper.
gets some rows in for the traps, shoulders, forearms and than quickly switch to guns (just like maverick in top gun) and pump'em.
ker-ray-zee

Here I was thinking upright rows are women only exercise so that they can improve their ability to lift shopping bags out of the SUV, judging by the number of gym bunnies doing them when I'm watchin'.

Used to always do them with the EZ Bar/Straight bar back in the day....have not done them for ages....will give them a crack tomoz...

I used to upright rows but it stuffed my shoulder, that along with decline dumbell bench so i don't bother with either anymore

They can be cruel on the shoulder joints. You have to sort of lean forward a little and lock the shoulders back. I can't think of a better compound movement for the medial delt, traps and flexors of the arm. Medial delt is very important for long term shoulder health.

EZ Bar for me. I do both close grip and wide grip. Extremely effective for the traps.
I strap my wrists, not that they are bad at all. Shoulder width for close grips then just outside shoulder width for Widegrip.
I put the close grip to my chin and the wide to just above my nipples.
Breath and control the motion.

With correct form and warmup I've managed to stay free of injury.