• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

current ranking system

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize that any IPF banned lifter has their membership to GPC denied? The last case of this happening was not even 2 weeks ago.

I think that provides a clear message that GPC does not support drug cheats.

Either way, if you need to continue to believe, that anybody that does not join PA, squats or pulls 7 plates is using drugs then I feel it's not worth my time exchanging words with you.

You are not a member of GPC, you don't appear to ever want to join GPC, so I'm going to go back and invest my time in helping people that do want to join the biggest, most competitive fed on the country - GPC Australia.

You realize that any IPF banned lifter has their membership to GPC denied? The last case of this happening was not even 2 weeks ago.

I think that provides a clear message that GPC does not support drug cheats.

Either way, if you need to continue to believe, that anybody that does not join PA, squats or pulls 7 plates is using drugs then I feel it's not worth my time exchanging words with you.

You are not a member of GPC, you don't appear to ever want to join GPC, so I'm going to go back and invest my time in helping people that do want to join the biggest, most competitive fed on the country - GPC Australia.

all due respect,you brought Ed Coan out to Australia.great lifter.thanks for the vid/seminar.but..

all due respect,you brought Ed Coan out to Australia.great lifter.thanks for the vid/seminar.but..

Very well put; many other examples.

look, I think what Scott and his GPC board have achieved is commendable. It's agonisingly close to being acceptable.

im not hating,if theres no support for drug use in powerlifting from GPC,then i would suggest uniting up with PA and letting your athletes be drug tested.im not even hating on drug use in powerlifting lol,i think as long as its reasonably transparent and no pretence about being clean or whatever then its ok.

i didn't say that. It's the chip again.

I once pulled around seven plates and would have happily peed in a bottle or held out my arm had I been on a platform.

But when I see any puffy faced fucktard showing all the classical signs of PED use who has come from a no lifting background to squatting and deadlifting seven plates overnight, and then in the off season can barely move four plates, I call it for what it is.

But what?

He is THE greatest of all time, a career spanning 27 years.

He knows my views on cheating, I made it very clear to him then, and 2 weeks ago on the phone.

The fact is, he is retired now, a wealth of knowledge and a very, very nice guy.

I'm excited at the possibility of hanging out with him at my house in a few months for another bbq, not many people get to say that in their lifetimes.

There is a difference between a drug cheat (Someone using in a tested fed) and someone who is using in a none tested fed.....

I totally agree that if someone is found to be found cheating (taking drugs) in the IPF then why would you want someone you can't trust off the bat in GPC.....yes of course CAPO/GPC are "non-tested" feds but why would you want someone you simply can't trust....I know if I had a fed I wouldn't....

im not totally against steroid use in powerlifting as i enjoy the superhuman ability.i just think a clear distinction needs to be made.i only view it as cheating when its a guy competing in PA is using the juice.but its hard to believe that a fed that doesnt do drug testing is actually clean.

Last edited:
But what?

He knows my views on cheating, I made it very clear to him then, and 2 weeks ago on the phone.

The fact is, he is retired now, a wealth of knowledge and a very, very nice guy.

I'm excited at the possibility of hanging out with him at my house in a few months for another bbq, not many people get to say that in their lifetimes.

yeah you are lucky.well you put the work in to get to that level and enjoy the success that comes with it.

*Takes a deep breath……*

I don't have an agenda here. But after reading the last spat of posts I thought I would voice my unimportant opinion.

Do you think that the 600 lifters that have chosen to lift in GPC did so, so they can use drugs?

I would suggest that at least some of them did. But then, who knows. Without it being a tested fed, all you can do is make hopeful guesses. Bottom line: there is only one drug tested fed. Powerlifting Australia. And even then it's not blanket testing, due to financial reasons (I suspect). But it does test division winners and all Open world record makers in international comps, plus a few random testings tossed in.

In reality, there are two types of federations on this planet. Tested and non tested. PA is the only tested fed in Australia. Period. Eventually, more so if you are successful, you will get tested, and possibly retested.

Gpc holds the best meets. Period.
That's why people join

We have no idea why people join, at least no definitive reason. People do not join CPC because it's "the best", otherwise everyone would be a member. They join for all sorts of reasons. I joined PA, not because it was a tested fed, I joined because I could lift 15 min down the road. It was pure convenience. I suggest that lifters who join GPC have equally diverse reasons.

If I lived in or near Carrum Downs, I am pretty sure I would be a PTC lifter. Marcos' gym must be one of the best gyms in Australia.

Just because Chris has decided to join GPC, and not PA, does not mean he has to be using PED's.
It means, he has decided to join the federation he believes has the best competition, or is going in the best direction.

Without an official statement, we can only assume or guess.

We are also not talking about the "balance in probability"....... But on the subject, I'd be happy to bet, in a random test within my federation, the result would be drug free.

I'll take that bet. $5000. Money on the barrel. Cash only as I don't want to have a cheque show up in my account. Make it all $50's please. No $100's. Send it that platinum express post service as you want good tracking. You can send it now before the results get in as its a cert and I don't want to miss out on the cheaper US air fares going right now. Always wanted to go to Vegas.

You blatantly asked, and in my eyes, implied (as you have many times before) that if you don't join PA, or are strong, you must be using drugs.

It's weak mate., and insulting to every lifter at GPC.

Without drug testing your athletes, is a fair assumption. It's easily fixed. Drug test your athletes.

Good point Gerry. And in response:

But what?

Quote from Coen's wiki page:

"Coan has failed drug testing through the IPF three times. The first time he was temporarily suspended in 1985 for the use of Deca-Durabolin, an anabolic steroid.[4]

In 1989, he was once again suspended due to a positive drug test.[5]

In 1996, at the IPF Men's Open World Championships in Salzburg, Austria, he tested positive once again and was issued a lifetime ban from the IPF.[6] Because this positive drug test occurred in a competition in which he placed first, his name and results have been retroactively removed from the 1996 results."

So I am kinda getting the impression that you would refuse membership to an IPF lifter who was banned for taking drugs. But you would have a bbq with one and call them "the greatest of all time" and "a very nice guy". Actually, I agree with you. I feel the same way about Ed's career. He certainly is one of the greats, but I draw the line at "all time". Because anyone who has been tested and passed clean who has lifted within 15% of his wilks numbers is as good as, or better, a lifter than Ed. Maybe we should have a Wilks/Gloss points system for weight, age and drug use. Maybe break the last one up into injectables and orals and another number for both.

Gerry also said,
im not hating,if theres no support for drug use in powerlifting from GPC,then i would suggest uniting up with PA and letting your athletes be drug tested.im not even hating on drug use in powerlifting lol,i think as long as its reasonably transparent and no pretence about being clean or whatever then its ok.

Well said Gerry.

I would also say that, if you are not drug testing your athletes, you have to assume that at least as many as are "pinged" in the IPF are going to be "pinged" in CPC or CAPO or PTC or whoever. But because NO ONE is tested, you have to assume that EVERYONE MIGHT BE a drug user. Ferk, if you have an old can of red bull at a comp, you will test positive for DMAA.

But, so as not to insult any individual, as I have said in a previous thread, there are no drug users or non drug users, there are only tested athletes and non tested athletes. Or, to be more precise, you either belong to a tested fed (PA) or you are in a non tested fed. No matter what the constitution of you fed may say, if you don't drug test your athletes you have no right to claim that one or all of your athletes are "clean".

If I am driving down the road in any Australian town, I may be passing a drink driver or I may be passing a sober driver. Chances are that they will be sober because we have breath testing. Yes, there are always dickheads who fail. Sometimes multiple times. But chances are that I am on the road with sober people.

In New Guinea, there are no drink driving laws. So I have to assume that EVERY driver is potentially pissed off their face. To assume anything else would be reckless on my part.

Just my opinon. No disrespect to Sticky or GPC/CAPO/PTC who do put on awesome comps and have some great lifters.

i think its human nature if you have a competitive streak and in a fed where noone is going to drug test that you will in all likelihood,be looking to get on some quality gear and get as strong as a bull.why would you even bother staying natty?lol.i dont understand these guys who compete natty in a fed where you have absolutely no hope of being competitive.

reason i went with PA is that ive never taken steroids.its the idea that im lifting against someone who hasnt used either.and if they are using,then the likelihood is they will get caught.

Last edited:
theres the other aspect where i saw in the other thread where you GPC guys were derisive about sub categories for age and how it awards mediocrity and waters down the competition and so on and so forth..
so theres no love for the aging lifter , the late starter or the battler.only for the formidable open lifter who just so happens to be older.i am glad im in PA.I have that pathway where if i keep working,ill get somewhere.

i think its human nature if you have a competitive streak and in a fed where noone is going to drug test that you will in all likelihood,be looking to get on some quality gear and get as strong as a bull.why would you even bother staying natty?lol.

It certainly is human nature for some to succumb to temptation. Every training session I think about how much easier or better it would be if I grabbed a few bottles of stanazolol. I do want to lift more and lift like like I was 25 again. Owning horses I even have the means to readily obtain gear.

But, having four mouths to feed and sticking to my principles are the safety brake. I could not lie to my family about it. The kids see their old man lifting heavy and I have nothing to hide from them, no secret stash of needles and drugs, no need to bullshit about things I achieve or anything I am being due anything other than hard work (or lack thereof).

i would like to join PA, but for myself at present, there are plenty of reasons why I do not like PA a it stands.

I actually wrote to wilks a few years ago to tell him I was going to join. But when he went on tv and elsewhere claiming this and that about CAPO, I lost interest and started my research to highlight why many lifters do not join PA beyond issue of drugs.

Wilks once stated the only issue that divides powerlifting in Australia is drugs; I have argued this is not true. There are many reasons why non-PA feds are still flourishing, especially GPC.

For myself, someone who would like to be competitive against my own age, GPC actually quashes any desire I have to cheat because they don't even give out trophies for masters, just one for best master lifter.

For myself, someone who supports the ideal and goal of drug free sport, I have my own important reasons why I would rather join GPC than PA, but who knows in future.

It certainly is human nature for some to succumb to temptation. Every training session I think about how much easier or better it would be if I grabbed a few bottles of stanazolol. I do want to lift more and lift like like I was 25 again. Owning horses I even have the means to readily obtain gear.

But, having four mouths to feed and sticking to my principles are the safety brake. I could not lie to my family about it. The kids see their old man lifting heavy and I have nothing to hide from them, no secret stash of needles and drugs, no need to bullshit about things I achieve or anything I am being due anything other than hard work (or lack thereof).

i come from bumfark new zealand where getting gear was nigh impossible.never really occurred to me anyway .i would be tempted over here ,as being "the man" has its own attractions+ lifting hyooge would be pretty cool...so i have to shun the avenues where it could be.i feel ok about that.some guys could be around it and never be tempted.
i like the idea of being mediocre but getting there natty lol.that type of thinking doesnt make sense unless you are doing it i guess.principles of it maybe?

i would like to join PA, but for myself at present, there are plenty of reasons why I do not like PA a it stands.

I actually wrote to wilks a few years ago to tell him I was going to join. But when he went on tv and elsewhere claiming this and that about CAPO, I lost interest and started my research to highlight why many lifters do not join PA beyond issue of drugs.

Wilks once stated the only issue that divides powerlifting in Australia is drugs; I have argued this is not true. There are many reasons why non-PA feds are still flourishing, especially GPC.

For myself, someone who would like to be competitive against my own age, GPC actually quashes any desire I have to cheat because they don't even give out trophies for masters, just one for best master lifter.

For myself, someone who supports the ideal and goal of drug free sport, I have my own important reasons why I would rather join GPC than PA, but who knows in future.

funny thing is you would be reasonably competitive in PA for your age and weight.good luck in GPC where ur desire to lift in your old age wont even be recognised.

Many, many years ago I was a member of the predecessor to PA. I was fairly capable and obsessed about climbing the scales.

The testing had not long been in place but sadly I just knew too much and felt that I would have to take unnecessary risks with my health to be really competitive- aspiring to national level. Grassing would not have achieved anything and it's not in my nature to be a dog anyway. So I'll never divulge names or any specific instances. The achievements of that era belong to that era, you can't take those achievements away or deny those totals and it was a reasonably level playing field if you know what I mean.

Most of whom remain in the organisation today are reasonably ok.

The implementation and enforcement of the drug testing during those early days seemed like Animal Farm in a way - all animals are created equal but some are more equal than others. Like I said, I knew too much and the fish was definitely rotting from the head. A mutated fish with many heads. I wasn't that gifted anyway, intrinsically lazy and it didn't take too long to put the fantasy of being a good lifter behind me.

I can only hope that in this new age of heightened conscience around the issue of PED that the drug testing is administered and enforced effectively. A leap of faith every time I pay my membership fees.

Many, many years ago I was a member of the predecessor to PA. I was fairly capable and obsessed about climbing the scales.

The testing had not long been in place but sadly I just knew too much and felt that I would have to take unnecessary risks with my health to be really competitive- aspiring to national level. Grassing would not have achieved anything and it's not in my nature to be a dog anyway. So I'll never divulge names or any specific instances. The achievements of that era belong to that era, you can't take those achievements away or deny those totals and it was a reasonably level playing field if you know what I mean.

Most of whom remain in the organisation today are reasonably ok.

The implementation and enforcement of the drug testing during those early days seemed like Animal Farm in a way - all animals are created equal but some are more equal than others. Like I said, I knew too much and the fish was definitely rotting from the head. A mutated fish with many heads. I wasn't that gifted anyway, intrinsically lazy and it didn't take too long to put the fantasy of being a good lifter behind me.

I can only hope that in this new age of heightened conscience around the issue of PED that the drug testing is administered and enforced effectively. A leap of faith every time I pay my membership fees.

wow.i think you would find its difficult to cheat this particular system.you would have to be one slimey son of a scum to beat it.imo.the better u get..the more you get tested.
theres also th self policing element in PA where its very likely you would get squealed on if anyone caught wind of the fact you were roiding.i wouldnt hesitate if i had evidence.theres no way someones getting the jump on me like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.