• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The angle at the hip (lean) is dictated by the length of the torso versus the length of you thigh and lower leg.

This is the vid I saw some time back. After watching it, I thought that the "fixed" squat motion was far more "good morninged" than the first squats. Right at the end there are some side on views of some squats and it looks kinda retarded. In practice it seems that the hips pop up before the head and bar begin to move up.

The "looking down" thing is all wrong. You should not be looking down, you should be looking wherever dafuq you need to so as to maintain a neutral spine. That would be generally looking downwards, not upwards, but definitely not looking down at the floor in front of your feet.

I also notice that he says to "keep your elbows up". The lower the elbows the more drive you have into the bar. High elbows and looking down is a recipe for getting nailed by the bar, and not in a good way.

Bottom line: keep your spine in a neutral position, locked tight. Video your form to see what works best for your body dimensions.

This is the vid I saw some time back. After watching it, I thought that the "fixed" squat motion was far more "good morninged" than the first squats. Right at the end there are some side on views of some squats and it looks kinda retarded. In practice it seems that the hips pop up before the head and bar begin to move up.

The "looking down" thing is all wrong. You should not be looking down, you should be looking wherever dafuq you need to so as to maintain a neutral spine. That would be generally looking downwards, not upwards, but definitely not looking down at the floor in front of your feet.

I also notice that he says to "keep your elbows up". The lower the elbows the more drive you have into the bar. High elbows and looking down is a recipe for getting nailed by the bar, and not in a good way.

Bottom line: keep your spine in a neutral position, locked tight. Video your form to see what works best for your body dimensions.

Would that be how Kim Kardashian got here rear end so well developed ie. coached by Rip?

Great post Woodywoodpecker!

Would that be how Kim Kardashian got here rear end so well developed ie. coached by Rip?

Great post Woodywoodpecker!

No, more like "coached" by Dr Buttimplant.

kim-kardashian-butt-implants.jpg

Basically what Rip is saying is to Squat like a girl does when shes trying to build up her butt. If you watch (and enjoy) this video she is engaging her butt more, her eyes are looking down and her well formed tits are also pointing to the floor, like Rip suggests.

I actually used that video of Rip's when I first started going to the gym and then proceeded to buttwink and good morning myself to injury ol. The trained untamed video is SO much better and informative.

And what is it with the Kardashians and leaky asses. Butt plug is needed if they frequent the greek. Amateurs..

After 30 years of squatting, reading and talking I've come to realize quite a few things, and later when i have time shall share and expand on theses points;

Understanding the mechanics of the squat is critical.
The squat is a miracle exercise, but has it's limitations and why.
Why a full body template (incorporating squats) done quickly is key.
The squats relationship with the dead-lift.

Understanding the mechanics of the squat is critical.
The muscles that do the mechanical work are the quads and glutes, the squat is primarily a quad builder, the torso is slung between the legs so you need to position the feet at or around shoulder width, with the feet angled sightly, with the knee following that angle to ensure the inner thigh musculature is also working and maintaining joint integrity.
Not feet straight and close, don't ever do it, you've got to squat between the legs, not on them.
43.jpg
forget about high or low bar for the minute, The path of the bar must follow this line, the length of the torso dictates how much you need to lean.

the squat is the most important exercise invented, it is working a lot of musculature, its limitations are its dangerous as hell, if done poorly, by poorly this mean you squat not understanding the mechanics.
The other limitation is that the primary muscles are not receiving resistance, or proper loading in the full ROM in this case the quads, glutes and hamstring.

Why a full body template (incorporating squats) done quickly is key.

The squat is more of a endocrine stimulator, squat first to stimulate hormones, do specific exercises full ROM to develop flexibility, which in-turn improves strength, an inflexible muscle is a weak one, the beauty of the squat is it is working everything all at once, it's why it hurts like hell, moving from one exercise to the next very quickly mimics the effect of squatting with the added benefit of improving full ROM.

The squats relationship with the dead-lift.

dead-lifting too much too often will fatigue the those muscles trying to maintain joint integrity, the squat will suffer, if the squat improves, the dead-lift will also improve.