• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Any real fat-burning supplements out there?

For the record I'm not cutting. Just curious - it's something I'm fairly passionate about, evidence based testing.
It seems if it's freely and legally available, then the benefits are minimal - i.e. There are no shortcuts.
But too many supplement manufacturers try to make ppl think they can just sit on their ass and lose weight

If you're not cutting, don't even waste time reading about them.

Also don't fall for companies who mix fat burners with their protein powders. Like I explained in my first post, they only slightly increase your metabolic rate when doing fasted cardio.
So if you're consuming a protein powder:
- You've probably just done a weight session, not cardio.
- You're no longer faster if you're consuming protein.
- You're consuming it post workout, not pre.

Last edited:
DNP.

If that is too slow and isn't good enough, then just double the dose...

... And have an ice bath at the ready.

Edit: I want to try DNP some day. Gotta be done in winter though

Please dont put lethal advice on a public forum

Duromine, prescribed by my GP when I was a 150kg lard ass and wanted to kick start my cut. Took my appetite away and helped kickstart the metabolism again after wrecking it for over a year with hungry jacks and mcdonalds 5 nights per week!

Yeah seriously, don't even think about DNP.

As you may have heard from many people, there is no magic bullet. It's a simple calories in Vs calories out. Increase your metabolic rate a little to a lot by exercising daily. Do anaerobic activity for better results.

Cut down on the foods you eat. Change the types of foods you eat.

Overall though, nothing is going to change unless YOU make it change.

Is hydroxycut like major 80s or is it still around?

I saw it in Woolworths the other day. Not made by muscle tech anymore, and no doubt useless.

the original hydroxycut with ephedrine in it was the bomb! Still think original oxyelite pro was better.

Fuck me!!

There is no such thing as a fat burning supplement....

However there are supplements that suppress appetite or increase metabolism.....

Oxyelite Pro with DMAA was great at helping to blunt my appetite initally, and get my stomach to shrink again when I was 150kg. Wasn't a huge fan of the side effects though, I took 2 one day and felt super anxious for hours afterwards.

That would be the DMAA, I always get a little nervous when I come down or crash from that shit. Feels great though for the 60minutes prior lol.