• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Are your shoulders back to front?

I could post a few videos saying BTN press is fine. It's just his opinion.

If you don't want to ever injure yourself lifting or wearing joints out just stop lifting and wrap yourself in cotton wool.

I separated my left shoulder at work, doc thought would probably need surgery. Kept doing BTN press and shoulders are great. So I'm not going to cry that some fag on YouTube said I should never BTN press. Fuck I've played footy for over 20 years, BTN press is the least of my worries.

I didn't expect anything less than you thinking you know more than the head physical therapist and assistant strength coach for the New York Mets. Maybe you can give him some tips on anatomy.

I didn't expect anything less than you thinking you know more than the head physical therapist and assistant strength coach for the New York Mets. Maybe you can give him some tips on anatomy.

You're a fucking moron. Where did I say I know more than him.

I just said my experience. If I listened to every fuck that put up a YouTube clip I'd be going around in circles and still be as small, weak and stupid as you.

Like I said if you don't want to have any injuries from exercise don't do any.

I feel the BTN press is worth the risk, so do plenty of others. Then people like your mate in the clip obviously don't, that fine, that's his opinion.

Last edited:
Did I hit a nerve? Calm down big fella.

I think you're losing it. Completely shut down in the supplement thread earlier this week and now jumping straight to personal insults. Maybe time to give the interwebs a rest.

Did I hit a nerve? Calm down big fella.

I think you're losing it. Completely shut down in the supplement thread earlier this week and now jumping straight to personal insults. Maybe time to give the interwebs a rest.

No nerve. You just think linking a single clip is end of discussion. You'll find plenty of people with varying opinions on all exercises. One fucking clip isn't the end of it.

Just like your cut and paste job on the sup thread still without actually answering the questions. I just gave up, you've taken the supp cool aid it's not even worth my time. You obviously didn't even read the shit you cut and paste because a lot even said evidence of efficacy was very flimsy. Lol.

Last edited:
When it comes to a lesson in anatomy by a physical therapist, that is the end of the discussion in terms of shoulder health. There are a lot of self appointed YouTube know it alls out there, but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater and ignoring genuine tips and advice.

Much like sups. A lot of marketing crap out there, but it's not all marketing crap.

When it comes to a lesson in anatomy by a physical therapist, that is the end of the discussion in terms of shoulder health. There are a lot of self appointed YouTube know it alls out there, but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater and ignoring genuine tips and advice.

Much like sups. A lot of marketing crap out there, but it's not all marketing crap.

You have a lot to learn.

Two things

One, it wouldn't take me long to find another expert with a different opinion. So no not end of discussion. This bloke isn't the worlds definitive opinion on shoulders.

Two. I couldn't give a fuck if it's supposedly a bit more damaging to my shoulders. Like I said it's the least of my worries. A few sets of BTN presses are hardly going to do more damage than a couple decades of sport and working.

What you got to realize is every exercise has the potential for damage. You think your long distance running is perfect for your joints long term, especially anyone that is of normal male weight.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Behind neck presses for shoulder health now. I was seriously at my wits end with my shoulder, but after months of pain and a focus on a more 'active recovery' which included light weight-high rep BTN's, it's fully recovered.

What you got to realize is every exercise has the potential for damage. You think your long distance running is perfect for your joints long term, especially anyone that is of normal male weight.

Of course, but if you can minimise the potential, you'd be a retard if you didn't.

I know running is terrible for the joints, no argument there. That's why I don't do it all year round. Isn't the drum that everyone bangs is to lift for longevity. Train smart.

sn't the drum that everyone bangs is to lift for longevity. Train smart.

You serious.

Serious powerlifting or BB training ( or any physical sport) is already past being about longevity.

You think trying to squat / dead over 300kg is great for longevity of joints or longevity in general.

You think the high volume and extra mass from bodybuilding is great for the joints.

Anyone training to get really good at something is beyond the point of training for longevity.

You try and twist it to make is sound like I'm saying train to get injured. Every exercise is a risk reward scenario when it comes to injury. If BTN is too risky for you I would question if lifting is the hobby for you. Knitting might be safer for you but then you wouldn't want to stab yourself with a needle.

Back a full circle I find BTN presses safe enough( no worse than other exercise) and very effective. My shoulders have never felt better. Why the fuck would I not do them. For me training doing BTN is training smart.

Last edited:
If you train to the limit all the time, things will fuck up sooner rather than later. If you train as a pussy like I do, things will still fuck up but more slowly. It's the all-out max limit strength stuff and ballistic movements that do the most harm. Throw a few roids in and they don't tend to be very good for connective tissue health either.

If you train to the limit all the time, things will fuck up sooner rather than later. If you train as a pussy like I do, things will still fuck up but more slowly. It's the all-out max limit strength stuff and ballistic movements that do the most harm. Throw a few roids in and they don't tend to be very good for connective tissue health either.

Yep and sometimes you can be unlucky and just fuck yourself up despite training smart. You can sometimes be lucky and train wrong and get alway with it.

One thing is almost certain. If you are in your 20's, juiced up and lifting at elite level now, you will not be lifting anything at all in 20 years time.

One thing is almost certain. If you are in your 20's, juiced up and lifting at elite level now, you will not be lifting anything at all in 20 years time.

Thats a big call..Look at Louie Simmons,it seems to have lengthened his lifting career. even though i dont use and wont as long as its black market, im not ruling it out after i finish powerlifting and it becomes over the counter.i might be 70 or 80 before that happens tho lol.

Thats a big call..Look at Louie Simmons,it seems to have lengthened his lifting career. even though i dont use and wont as long as its black market, im not ruling it out after i finish powerlifting and it becomes over the counter.i might be 70 or 80 before that happens tho lol.

He just add more suits, wraps and shortens ROM.