• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am updating now.

canned tuna, you can do press from rack if you want, only in event of tie does clean become an advantage to do. if you are wasting a lot of energy from clean technique, maybe better to press from rack.

I am going to leave all lifts up by each person when they post, so we can see who has improved over year.

Thanks mate, this is a great idea for friendly competition and motivation between blokes

I find it harder from the rack lately, very hard to break inertia on that first rep!

In saying that, the heavier it's getting, the more scary the ugly clean/reverse curl is getting also! Ha

yes, it would be great to have a clean and press lift, but reality is not many of us do not actually practice them much, so option of rack.

It is normally harder to press after a clean, so will give such a lift an advantage in case of tie.

I will military from rack as well, just put up 65x3x5. Not worth filming unless hitting lower rep amounts.

Alright I'll try and film myself perform crappy presses when I do them training Monday. For reps @ 60 and 1.R.M perhaps, 85kg BW. Nothing impressive but as a basis to compare improvement by the end of the year? That could fire me up.

Ok so this is just 1r.m attempts, not for reps?

Also I don't get how you get a 'score' from that calculator in the original post. All it gives me is an estimated 1.r.m based on reps? I must be missing something.

based on 1 rep max, as confirmed by clip of proof, score calculated by entering weight lifted and bodyweight.

5 reps on 70kg, still counts as 70kg, so better to film 1 rep max.

Howdy, 1.R.M today 75kg @ 85kg BW

Sorry my elbows flare out, they don't do that during my working sets I promise. lol

whats wrong [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; do I look like a midget lol? I'm 6ft, kunce :rolleyes:

C'mon its the camera angle! That plus I wasn't wearing heels, I mean squat shoes.