• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

Can people clear this up.

P.A. - tested Fed, PA allows neoprene sleeves only,
(even though I personally know one person who competed in a P.A. event while taking gear)

$165 for Calender year only. Join after September a discount is given.

G.P.C. - Largest fed in Australia, untested Fed, in GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes, a different bar for each lift, Squat from a monolift. GPC allows knee wraps in raw, GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes. GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition - they are for records only.

$80 first year, $60 per year after that. Membership for full year.

CAPO - shallow Squats? untested Fed.
$80 per year.

Aust Drug Free - tested Fed

Last edited:
lot more greyer areas that that.

Membership GPC may now have more members than CAPO, but not sure.

Lots of double up members of GPA and CAPO, many GPC members joined CAPO to do GPA worlds and the Arnold so it would be difficult to tell legitimate member numbers and compare both.

GPC and CAPO are untested, both allow wraps (CAPO has raw (no wraps) and raw plus (With wraps).

Huge amounts of differences, read the rule books of all three ;).

same exercises,

PA dies not use monolift for squats, others do. PA walk back with squat from stands, although other feds can also use this option.

Bench press, feet rules different. PA lifters must have heel on ground, others toes.

PA drug testing, others don't.

PA has govt recognition, others dont.

raw lifts with wraps options in GPC and CAPO, not PA which only allows sleeves.

Cheers ltk and Sparta.

Doesn't CAPO have dodgey Squat depth? You hear people joke about a CAPO Squat. Doesn't GPC have the loud heavy metal music pumping at meets?

I think safe to say CAPO squats not as deep as PA.

I have bee told my squat depth at CAPO comp would not have been passed.

important difference for old guys is that PA had records for masters ten year period, say50-59, whereas others have five year period say 50-54.

As for music, loudest I ever heard was at Pro Raw (run by Markos GPC), but I have not been to a PA comp for ten years.

PA gives at least one red light for every lift, one competiton per year, no other people in your weight division.

others are bit like the special Olympics, turn up move the weight a few inches get a trophy, tell everyone you're natty, establish a new division for every comp so that people can set a new world record.

inflammatory comment of the day.

Last edited:
I helped @0ni at CAPO nats and would never enter a CAPO meet, the head judge was calling squat depth from the front, that's enough for me.

GPC judging at the national level is very good, probably a little more consistent than P.A, though P.A is very strict especially on squat depth, i've noticed that unless you bury it you risk reds from the side judges.

Typically GPC meets have loud music, and compared to the 1 PA meet i've been too typically a much better atmosphere, the music doesn't stop for lifts and you don't get teeny bopper music played. When Adam Coe is announcing it's amazing.

PA gives at least one red light for every lift, one competiton per year, no other people in your weight division.

others are bit like the special Olympics, turn up move the weight a few inches get a trophy, tell everyone you're natty, establish a new division for every comp so that people can set a new world record.

inflammatory comment of the day.

GPC at the national level does not recognise the vast majority of the divisions that are available for world records.

So if you're a Natty raw lifter who goes to correct depth and everything, your best Fed is P.A.?

Is CAPO the most corrupt? Seems to be the one in the news the most?

I'm not sure you'll get many on record talking about that.

If you aren't going to win i don't think it really matters where you compete or if you're natty. If you're unsure go to a meet and see for yourself.

So Pritchard is the man in P.A., Sticky (and 0ni) are the men in GPC ....... but theres no big name CAPO dudes on this forum?

So if you're a Natty raw lifter who goes to correct depth and everything, your best Fed is P.A.?

Is CAPO the most corrupt? Seems to be the one in the news the most?

It is true, I do have a dark past, I stole a flag from the town hall about 37 years ago, and ...

But, even CAPO lifting success was recently reported on local news.

John 8:7
'When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

I helped @0ni at CAPO nats and would never enter a CAPO meet, the head judge was calling squat depth from the front, that's enough for me.

GPC judging at the national level is very good, probably a little more consistent than P.A, though P.A is very strict especially on squat depth, i've noticed that unless you bury it you risk reds from the side judges.

Typically GPC meets have loud music, and compared to the 1 PA meet i've been too typically a much better atmosphere, the music doesn't stop for lifts and you don't get teeny bopper music played. When Adam Coe is announcing it's amazing.

strict is ok as long as its consistent and u can adjust to the judges of the day if need be..PA meets are good i reckon.im not sure why you think loud music is that great.i like to train quietly. i must be getting old.

Last edited: