• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
thought this was an interesting read.

CAPO Powerlifting Australia

March 24 at 4:40am ·

Well this looks like as good a place as any for me to break my silence. Everything you read is fact. I can back up every single thing I speak of with documented proof that is legally sound.
GPA Worlds was a massive failure, despite what the organisers would have you think. CAPO was left with $230,000+ worth of debt to creditors. Myself being the largest creditor who was owed $170,000+. CAPO was on the brink of extinction. A restructure was agreed to with the forming of the new CAPO that took on the good will of the previous. In effect Wayne Howlett owned the old CAPO and I owned the new.
It came to my attention that members of the committee, led by Karen Coliero had taken steps to try and circumvent the agreed corporate restructure and form their own federation. This led me to investigate further into CAPOs previous financial situation and it wasn’t pretty.
The most distressing thing I uncovered was that CAPO for up to 3 years had never lodged any tax return. No quarterly BAS statements, no income tax and no GST. It wasn’t even registered for GST. Not one receipt had ever been issued by CAPO. THIS IS TAX EVASION. All funds that had gone to CAPO for membership, entry fees and sponsorship was going directly into Karen Coleiro’s private bank accounts. You all have evidence of this, just look at the account name on any payment you made to CAPO, you will notice Karen’s name on all of them. THIS IS TAX FRAUD. These tax implications add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Criminal charges and jail time are a real possibility.
Where has all the money gone?? Not a cent came to me, the largest creditor owed money. Your guess is as good as mine. There is no financial records at all. No profit and loss, no Monthly income statements, nothing. Not a single piece of evidence to prove anything. Repeated Not even a bank statement has been provided. Karen was given a chance to provide this information and she did not or would not. She was stood down and voted out by a committee of her peers. Other committee members stood down at their own volition.
The ex-members of the committee then continued with their forming of the new federation. They stole the WPC affiliate and started WPC Australia. They were found out to be lying by the WPC and the affiliate was stripped from them and reinstated to CAPO.
Do with this information as you will I have nothing to hide. I will happily make all my records available to the authorities and the tax man when he comes knocking, and he will come knocking it’s only a matter of time.
Let me make this final statement to address anyone questioning my commitment to the sport. I’m a businessman and in the short time I’ve been involved in powerlifting I have invested over $250,000 into the sport. In forms of sponsorship for both athletes, competitions and federations. A level of sponsorship that has never been done before. Like me or hate me I have done more for the sport financial in this country than anyone ever before in such a time frame. Despite the huge financial setback I have incurred I still continue to contribute with all my sponsorships and now to rebuilding CAPO. For people who want to challenge my integrity or honesty and attack me personally on social media without even knowing me, a little about myself. I served in the Australian Army for 8 years, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. I also held one of the country’s highest top secret clearances. In short I have very real, credible background.
Regards,
Steve Harris

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=866367546743360&id=240276079352513

Dial the ATO, kgo

To beat a deadhorse senseless.

I was just about to resign-up with PA as there is a comp in June i was interested in. Their membership has gone up to $165, assumingly for GST. For a point of reference, i looked up the GPC membership, which is $80.
I'll probably go with PA anyway as i am brain washed, but i'll think about it for the next couple of days.

Curious where these funds go.

To beat a deadhorse senseless.

I was just about to resign-up with PA as there is a comp in June i was interested in. Their membership has gone up to $165, assumingly for GST. For a point of reference, i looked up the GPC membership, which is $80.
I'll probably go with PA anyway as i am brain washed, but i'll think about it for the next couple of days.

Curious where these funds go.

I've been told that you can get a copy of the PA annual report from the Secretary, as I was curious too, given that PA is nearly double the cost of the other sporting organisations that I'm a member of (and also don't make you pay per calendar year, for limited comps).

I have heard via the grapevine (so assume that it's wrong, but mebbe not) that Oxilofrine was added to pre workout formula in a common OTC product but was not listed on the label. Further rumour is that the company is owned, or at least controlled, by members of a particular "investment and import" organisation that likes to wear black helmets and put holes in gym roller doors. Active legal pursuit of the manufacturers of the said "contaminated" product has been discouraged.

I believe that the Phenpromethamine and β-methylphenethylamine was also in pre workout, but then I can guess that you could just ask as he is competing in CAPO now.

So if you are taking a pre workout, you may be doping without knowing it.

Stick to Bulk Nutrients. Their pre workout may not work as well but, then, there is a reason for that.

Of course, if you lift in non PA feds then you probably want to know the product name......

Last edited:
I have heard via the grapevine (so assume that it's wrong, but mebbe not) that Oxilofrine was added to pre workout formula in a common OTC product but was not listed on the label. Further rumour is that the company is owned, or at least controlled, by members of a particular "investment and import" organisation that likes to wear black helmets and put holes in gym roller doors. Active legal pursuit of the manufacturers of the said "contaminated" product has been discouraged.

I believe that the Phenpromethamine and β-methylphenethylamine was also in pre workout, but then I can guess that you could just ask as he is competing in CAPO now.

So if you are taking a pre workout, you may be doping without knowing it.

Stick to Bulk Nutrients. Their pre workout may not work as well but, then, there is a reason for that.

Of course, if you lift in non PA feds then you probably want to know the product name......

Ha! Holy shit!

Wouldn't be the first time I suppose.

And some for having to do with another fed.

Nicholas Viet – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 17 September 2017
Derek Viet – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 17 September 2017
Simon Stockton – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 8 October 2017
Gavin Heward – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 8 October 2017
Dimitrios Kokkinis – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 27 November 2017
Aaron Simm – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 7 April 2018

The Viets ended up having to close their gym over this, at least in part, they say. Rough deal.

I guess Wilk's handshakes with Ed Coan and Markos didn't mean much, then.

And some for having to do with another fed.

Nicholas Viet – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 17 September 2017
Derek Viet – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 17 September 2017
Simon Stockton – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 8 October 2017
Gavin Heward – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 8 October 2017
Dimitrios Kokkinis – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 27 November 2017
Aaron Simm – Regulation 1.3. Period of suspension: until 7 April 2018

The Viets ended up having to close their gym over this, at least in part, they say. Rough deal.

I guess Wilk's handshakes with Ed Coan and Markos didn't mean much, then.

wow

Was that ban really just for holding a novice comp? Or just a rumour?
Read through their Lamebook posts, and you'll know as much as most of us.

https://www.facebook.com/DBSBarbell

Especially this one about the gym itself, I don't really care who's in what fed, but a good gym closed, that makes me sad.

https://www.facebook.com/DBSBarbell/posts/1372237666191324

But this is the fed nonsense bit.

https://www.facebook.com/DBSBarbell/posts/1370244843057273

Note: my own lifters, the few who compete do it in GPC. This is simply because Markos running GPC also ran novice comps, and most people don't want to join a fed and get a gimp suit just to put their toe in the water, so to speak. I took lifters to just about every novice meet they had for 3 years straight. A while back I got a bit tired of blatant steroid use (at least be subtle FFS) and people using knee wraps to squat 80kg, and enquired with PA. Wilks told me I'd have to take old pics and vids of my lifters in other feds off my website. I am never going to deny my lifters' accomplishments to please someone else, so that was that. The people involved in GPC were just more accommodating and made things accessible.

Now Markos no longer runs novice meets, so far as I can see he's too busy with Big Dogs and all that. So this has raised the threshold for amateur lifters and I'll be able to have far fewer go through.

I don't like anything that makes all this less accessible. That includes drugs, and excessive drug-testing. That includes knee wraps and monolifts. That includes demands to take things off websites, or throwing people out of a meet's audience for wearing another fed's t-shirt. That includes softsuits and fed memberships. That includes three commands just for bench. And so on.

I recognise that a certain amount of bullsht is inevitable whatever the sport, but in the end I would like to see this more accessible to all. And nobody seems interested in that any more.

Don't even get me started on AWF...

Last edited:
The trick to joining and enjoying PA is to...not fucking contact Wilks before joing. Just signup online and pay the fee. He did infact block me the first year i tried to join. Gave me the same gargle cock sucking bullshit.
So i waited til the following year and just joined anyway online. Havnt had an issue in doing it that way.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk