• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, i agree; people relate more to events with objects of familiarity.

No harm though if feds make a highlight package and send to news and sports shows, although probably more chance of getting on in regional areas.

Take GPC champs, 200 competitors should be of interest.

Our PL comps get on the local news, and I was on the back page of the paper, a lot of people tend to get it confused with weightlifting though. We usually get a few spectators to our comps too.

I only really heard people discussing strongman after Hafthor Bjornsson appearing in Game of Thrones. I like strongman for what it is though; 'functional strength'.

yes, i agree; people relate more to events with objects of familiarity.

No harm though if feds make a highlight package and send to news and sports shows, although probably more chance of getting on in regional areas.

Take GPC champs, 200 competitors should be of interest.

Every GPC nationals has gotten local news coverage, and loads of our lifters have made it into the local papers ect.

I was more talking along the lines of the whole event being watched like WSM or rugby ect....... I cant see PL doing that.

For the last 3 years I have been invited to do things at the Brisbane Fitness and Health EXPO.
First year I took my team down and just did our normal training session - we had a massive crowd.

The next 2 years I ran a bench comp on the saturday, and a DL comp on the sunday - With cash prizes. Big crowd.
Worked really well. 10 lifters, took me 30 min to run, the crowd was entertained.

The organizer then asked me to run a full meet this year.
I explained to him, that I need at least 20 lifters, and we could not have breaks - so the comp would be running for around 5 hours.
I told him the no crowd, unless its family or good friends, is going to sit on a steel chair for 5 hours, and the crowd would dwindle.
He agreed once I explained it to him.

Oh and for the record, the 2015 GPC nats will have closer to 400 competitors, not 200 ;)

Every GPC nationals has gotten local news coverage, and loads of our lifters have made it into the local papers ect.

I was more talking along the lines of the whole event being watched like WSM or rugby ect....... I cant see PL doing that.

For the last 3 years I have been invited to do things at the Brisbane Fitness and Health EXPO.
First year I took my team down and just did our normal training session - we had a massive crowd.

The next 2 years I ran a bench comp on the saturday, and a DL comp on the sunday - With cash prizes. Big crowd.
Worked really well. 10 lifters, took me 30 min to run, the crowd was entertained.

The organizer then asked me to run a full meet this year.
I explained to him, that I need at least 20 lifters, and we could not have breaks - so the comp would be running for around 5 hours.
I told him the no crowd, unless its family or good friends, is going to sit on a steel chair for 5 hours, and the crowd would dwindle.
He agreed once I explained it to him.

Oh and for the record, the 2015 GPC nats will have closer to 400 competitors, not 200 ;)

All good points. Looks like you have it sorted sticky.

All good points. Looks like you have it sorted sticky.
You keep bashing @0ni ; for his roid use yet it's all sorted and goood to go with no drug testing.

You can't have it both ways Bazza.

Just face it you dislike 0ni for whatever reason but like Sticky for whatever reason so whatever Sticky says is cool with you.

Personally I don't care who uses or what Fed tests or not.

Last edited:
Just face it you dislike 0ni for whatever reason but like Sticky for whatever reason so whatever Sticky says is cool with you.

^ this.

Oni has bashers, Sticky has nuthuggers and people like Wingman do G.P.C. harm by claiming its an as clean Fed as an ASADA/WADA tested Fed. One of the key principles of Public Relations is don't bullshit too much.

I too don't care that G.P.C. is untested, a lot of people out there would like to see all sports untested, it may make for a greater spectacle.

Hit me, but don't shit me.

You keep bashing [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; for his roid use yet it's all sorted and go to go with no drug testing.

You can't have it both ways Bazza.

Mate I haven't bashed Oni for months. Got over that a while ago and maybe you should to.

I have been agreeing with most what he has been saying of late.

400 lifters fuck
Hopefully 2016 will be able to have stricter qualifying totals given that explosion of interest
I'm already lifting on a fucking FRIDAY this year

I might go up 3 weight classes so that I get to lift on a Sunday lol.

Also I'd like to see women's lifting done at the weekend instead of a fucking thursday or whatever
Hate to sound like a feminist but throwing them on a shitty day is bullshit

btw, IPF does not allow any hormone supplement use. checked USAPL site today.

Yep ASADA, IPF and PA told me that on the phone two years ago. It makes perfect sense to me. If you have certain physiological or anatomical characteristics you are suited to certain activities and you should do those activities and it is reasonable to expect to excel at those activities.

If someone is naturally good at AFL, tennis or swimming then do it. It means they will only ever be a mid ranked in any strength sports unless they pile on a heap of juice or wear a canvas suit.

Also I'd like to see women's lifting done at the weekend instead of a fucking thursday or whatever
Hate to sound like a feminist but throwing them on a shitty day is bullshit

Have you just discovered the word "fuck" or something knackers?

Growth of the sport, good.
Long drawn-out affair not even the participants are interested in watching all of, bad.

Reminds me of GPA Worlds last year. One of my lifters went to watch. She said, "There's a girl my size squatting 80kg. WTF? I could be in this! I didn't come all this way to watch someone weaker than me!"

There's got to be a sensible middle ground between inclusion and absurdly long meets.