• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Let's keep this thread on track please.

It's getting silly.

I just held a meet in QLD for GPC, 172 lifters competed.

I think the 2 biggest meets in QLD were held by me and GPC.

June 2014 we had around 245 at our nationals

Feb 2015 we had 172 people at our state champs.

I'll be hosting nationals again in 2015, so it will be interesting to see how many lifters we get.

Nationals is over 6 days this year.

If that was a PA comp you probably would have got reds for the squat and bench in the first video. 240kg deadlift is legit. Why didn't you compete in PA and switch to drug use later?
Maybe the bench. The squat was ok IMO.
Slight issue on the ascent maybe with the bench....maybe.

Maybe the bench. The squat was ok IMO.
Slight issue on the ascent maybe with the bench....maybe.

The squat because he didn't wait for the rack call before racking. It's something that used to catch me out a lot in training. I don't mean to be an asshole btw, but he did say it was to IPF standard. The reverse bench grip I'm also pretty sure isn't allowed.

The squat because he didn't wait for the rack call before racking. It's something that used to catch me out a lot in training. I don't mean to be an asshole btw, but he did say it was to IPF standard. The reverse bench grip I'm also pretty sure isn't allowed.
Yeah i dont know the official PA rule book tbh. Didnt watch it with sound so if he missed the rack call...no lift! Ha. I just figured the reverse grip was allowed everywhere. [emoji53]

Squat is very close to IPF - except the racking.
Bench. Rev grip not allowed, ass off benching, heels moved off ground.
Dead - three whites.

Let's keep this thread on track please.

It's getting silly.

I just held a meet in QLD for GPC, 172 lifters competed.

I think the 2 biggest meets in QLD were held by me and GPC.

June 2014 we had around 245 at our nationals

Feb 2015 we had 172 people at our state champs.

I'll be hosting nationals again in 2015, so it will be interesting to see how many lifters we get.

Nationals is over 6 days this year.

theres no no doubt the scale of the undertaking is impressive. However at least one of your entrants is publicly and boastfully flouting the organisations stated position on PED. Relevance to thread: wouldn't happen in PA.

Smacks of anti-association laws.
Agreed. But that's the regs as they stand, until someone successfully challenges them in court or lobbies the govt to change them, that's the regs.

Thus, if anyone chooses to enforce things, it will be difficult for PTC gyms and coaches to have PA lifters, since PTC gyms are so intertwined with GPC and CAPO coaches and members who use PEDs with varying degrees of openness. I say this as someone who takes his lifters to PTC novice meets, GPC meets, and is against PED use (though not to the pathological hatred degree of the govt).

This stuff will come back to bite PTC and GPC in the arse in years to come. We'll end up back in the 1970s with one-tenth the members and just doing garage comps.

All this drama between feds, drugs and all the rest. Imagine doing this in the US, you'd spend your whole life in court.

I notice Qld CAPO champs cost $85 to compete. Camperdown CAPO comp $79.

Sticky, what is GPC costs per comp, including Aussie champs?

This stuff will come back to bite PTC and GPC in the arse in years to come. We'll end up back in the 1970s with one-tenth the members and just doing garage comps.

Maybe sooner than that. To abuse or supply PED, you have to keep it somewhere.

kyle, I am not sure of that. With the ADFPF, its weakness is that it was based in regional areas in a few states.

Just imagine if the same enthusiasm and location base, as evident in GPC, had been applied to that fed.

You can't repeat history, but who knows what will happen in future.

kyle, I am not sure of that. With the ADFPF, its weakness is that it was based in regional areas in a few states.

Just imagine if the same enthusiasm and location base, as evident in GPC, had been applied to that fed.

You can't repeat history, but who knows what will happen in future.

I don't really get the point of the DFPF when the IPF already has well established anti doping programs.

IMO PA would take off more if it wasn't such a stringent process to become an affiliate. Crossfit boxes appear to be the best places for it.

boz, I think in GB, WDFPF is bigger than GB IPF affiliate.

It conducts far more tests than IPF affiliate. In 2013, GBPF had zero out of comp drug tests.

boz,no offence to PA lifters, but the IPF is kidding us if it thinks it has an extensive WADA drug test program.

Just look at 2013 data.

Outside a few northern European countries, testing out of comp almost non existent.

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fil...national_doping_reports_2013_2014_11_2014.pdf

It's a lot more tests than GPC .

I agree it needs to improve a lot though, especially if we want to become an Olympic sport. IPF is actively working on it though.

Australia, 129 tests for, what, 500 lifters? That's reasonably thorough, even if 100 of the tests were probably just on poor Pritchard.

ASADA should test more on sports people actually care about. But of course, Essendon is the only AFL club that's ever doped... :)

Australia, 129 tests for, what, 500 lifters? That's reasonably thorough, even if 100 of the tests were probably just on poor Pritchard.

ASADA should test more on sports people actually care about. But of course, Essendon is the only AFL club that's ever doped... :)

From what a lot more experienced PA lifters tell me, those who choose the PED shortcut route tend to be attracted to the feds that tolerate it anyway rather than risk it in PA when there's no money involved.

If that was a PA comp you probably would have got reds for the squat and bench in the first video. 240kg deadlift is legit. Why didn't you compete in PA and switch to drug use later?

No PA comps in Adelaide
My first comp was hosted by Sticky and I travelled to Brisbane

It was great :D
137.5 - 75 - 190