• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I get off on receiving the death threats from the little cartel of suppliers and desperate dysmorphic users. Should time the little expose to overlap with the date of a national competiton.

Unless you test your athletes, you don't have an anti-drug position.

As an example, you can post all the speed limit signs you want on a freeway, but if it's known that you never do speed checks, then you don't have an "anti-speeding" policy. If you have laws against murder or theft but never prosecute anyone, then you don't have an "anti-crime" position.

I have nothing against a non tested fed, and frankly, I suspect that there are a hell of a lot of people out there that are glad that we do have that. But ferfarksake, just accept it for what it is and get on with it.

Interesting perspective.

Funny enough, when I started off my academic article, this was my sentiment.

However, the referees reading my piece kept emphasising the importance of education, and the shortfalls of drug testing regimes.

I think both strategies are good, rather than one or the other. There just may be some who are persuaded by knowledge about harm and so on.

I agree PA has a tough system, but some IPF affiliates have zero out of comp tests.

I agree PA has a tough system, but some IPF affiliates have zero out of comp tests.

not tough enough and still needs more resources directed towards comprehensive OCT. The gyms are awash with shit at the moment and it's only a matter of time before things regress. More federal funding needed and all enforcement matters can to be passed on to the other federal organisation - AFP. There is a lot of money in the illicit substances trade and some shady types as we all know.

people scoffed when I mentioned there was a shit storm brewing a couple of years ago. The Essendon bust happened,things went quiet for a while and all the little willies out there thought "oh well that was a storm in a teacup we can all continue with impunity"

the essendon saga and the machinery behind it will be brought to light and there's going to be a witch hunt like we've never seen before. One by one the meathead gyms, their owners, their little bar fridges under the desk in the office, their clients and their clients' cars gloveboxes will be touched by the gloved hands of mean motherfuckers who work for the federal government and drive red cars.

I could not believe how many people at my gym were using, including guys who struggled with 80kg bench press.

I think a lot take for looks more than just strength gains.

They don't care how much you bench press and how tough you look. Don't worry about the taser or cs, worry about picking your teeth up off the floor if you try to obstruct them.

not tough enough and still needs more resources directed towards comprehensive OCT. The gyms are awash with shit at the moment and it's only a matter of time before things regress. More federal funding needed and all enforcement matters can to be passed on to the other federal organisation - AFP. There is a lot of money in the illicit substances trade and some shady types as we all know.

people scoffed when I mentioned there was a shit storm brewing a couple of years ago. The Essendon bust happened,things went quiet for a while and all the little willies out there thought "oh well that was a storm in a teacup we can all continue with impunity"

the essendon saga and the machinery behind it will be brought to light and there's going to be a witch hunt like we've never seen before. One by one the meathead gyms, their owners, their little bar fridges under the desk in the office, their clients and their clients' cars gloveboxes will be touched by the gloved hands of mean motherfuckers who work for the federal government and drive red cars.

From cops I talk to, they don't have resources to worry about gym gear use. They can barely monitor ice and other hard drugs.

Any way, this thread about fed differences.

just been looking at non-PA records, and GPC obliterating CAPO record in many weight divisions, even allowing for wraps.

I don't think GPC would comment on that
Man at CAPO nats people were passing around dbol

At ProRaw people were being pretty liberal with their usage also

Fckng lOL.

I know where to go if I need anything. :D

ugly.jpg

My takeaway from this is that there's no point in competing in these feds unless you want to use shortcuts.

My takeaway from this is that there's no point in competing in these feds unless you want to use shortcuts.

Taking roids isn't really a shortcut. Its producing a result you would not have been able to naturally. But yes, roids can be used to speedup a person's ability if that's what you mean by shortcut.

do you really think that all who compete in CAPO or GPC want to take shortcuts?

Simply not true. GPC and CAPO also provide many with chance to test strength; only a few can win or break records.

PED use + laxer technical rules + judging (subjective I know) suggests to me that they do attract those who prefer shortcuts, apart from those who are don't like PA or those who train at gyms aligned with a particular fed (i.e.. you wouldn't see PA lifters training at a PTC, nor GPC lifters training at Melb Uni).

I don't personally have an issue with honest PED use, but saying that particular SPORTING feds have it openly dosen't help with the image of the sport as a whole (inb4 powerlifting isn't a sport etc).
[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; not suggesting everyone in non tested feds uses obviously.

boz, I can only speak for myself.

I merely compete to test my strength; I am hoping to get back to aths once my squats are right again.

However, I think there are many that enjoy other feds or non-PED reasons. It may be atmosphere, locality, friends, view about how fed is run, and so on.

For those who openly use, say Oni, he is not going to join a testing fed, PA or ADFPF.

Yes I did mention that in my last post Sparty, just pointing out that those who choose the steroid shortcut are also more inclined to want to compete in a federation that isn't as strict on other things as well.

I'm not saying anything about 0ni personally, but if these feds are really that open about their drug use, it indirectly makes PA look bad as well, by perpetuating the idea that powerlifting is a sport full of steroid users. It also discourages potential sponsors etc. This is the main reason why nearly every pro bodybuilder says that they don't use steroids with a straight face.

It also creates an uneven playing field, but that's beside the point if you're natural and choose to compete in them anyway.

Last edited:

Not really
Les Grills competes in crossfit which is 100% tested

Totalled 750+ in the 75kg class

you wouldn't see PA lifters training at a PTC, nor GPC lifters training at Melb Uni...

Incorrect.

I own PTC Brisbane, and I have a number of PA lifters training out of my gym.

PTC is a powerlifting gym, not a GPC gym, it's open to any lifter that wants to become the best they can, using the best equipment available.