• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Go-To Antiinflammatory. List them?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
As the title says which anti inflammatory med do you use (preferably OTC) when a minor yet annoying strain bites you in the ass?

I took a Mobic today after scouring through my parents medicine cabinet and feel wonderful, but dutifully noted its prescription med.

When I go to my friendly chemist what am I supposed to ask for? Its for a high trapezoid strain that is making me yelp with undelight every time I look down (tuck my chin in).

Try to avoid them

Voltaren SR 75mg - the work clinic had dispensed a quantity of these to me they are powerful.

indomethacin 100mg suppositories - insert one into the rectum twice per day

haven't need the bum pills for a couple of years but if my back plays up, finger into bum right away!

Rest and Stout beer !!
I was using Lyrica when I had my back op .. But another prescribed drug so not much help to you ..

Diclofenac 50mg
Mobic 15mg

Well Mobic is prescription lol so unless I go *cough*offshorechemfriendliespharmy*cough* then no go.

I am thinking maybe good old Nurofen perhaps if Voltaren isn't that great as Bazza said?

Try to avoid them

Voltaren SR 75mg - the work clinic had dispensed a quantity of these to me they are powerful.

indomethacin 100mg suppositories - insert one into the rectum twice per day

haven't need the bum pills for a couple of years but if my back plays up, finger into bum right away!

OK so maybe a stronger Voltaren mught be worth a try. As for the rest of your post.. what the actual fuck?? lol

Well Mobic is prescription lol so unless I go *cough*offshorechemfriendliespharmy*cough* then no go.

I am thinking maybe good old Nurofen perhaps if Voltaren isn't that great as Bazza said?

OK so maybe a stronger Voltaren mught be worth a try. As for the rest of your post.. what the actual fuck?? lol

I have a heap of the prescription strength voltaren and even plain panadol is stronger than them.

Voltaren 25, combined with topical volataren gel.

all that said, I avoid anti inflammatories like the plague due to my gut problems.

Say what you want but I have found Cissus Quadrangularis to be a highly​ effective alternative to anti inflamatory medication.

The indomecathin suppositories are prescription but they go in the other end so less chance of stomach bleed. Plus you get to put something in your bum as a bonus.

Rest and Stout beer !!
I was using Lyrica when I had my back op .. But another prescribed drug so not much help to you ..

I was using Lyrica and Endep for my nerve pain.
Made me feel pretty crappy tho.

I still have a heap of unused scripts for lyrica, mobic and diclofenec....bids anyone!!

Say what you want but I have found Cissus Quadrangularis to be a highly​ effective alternative to anti inflamatory medication.

How is this Cissus plant or Devil's Backbone an anti inflammant? Maybe if I have diabetes, hemorrhoids, or a touch of scurvy then I'll chew on some Cissus. But if a tissue is inflammed?
But seriously, I know nothing about this exciting herb. lol :rolleyes:

How is this Cissus plant or Devil's Backbone an anti inflammant? Maybe if I have diabetes, hemorrhoids, or a touch of scurvy then I'll chew on some Cissus. But if a tissue is inflammed?
But seriously, I know nothing about this exciting herb. lol :rolleyes:

It's purported to have anti-inflamatory properties, and be good for joint health, I've found to be a help. Can get it from BN. As it happens I've never had scurvy either so it must work...right?

TBH I have little faith in herbal remedies, if it doesn't come with some sort of warning or prescription only I have little faith, but I found this to be effective.

cissus does nothing for me.

voltaren won't do anything for pain as it isn't a pain killer just anti inflammatory

i rely on my own body's anti inflam responses.

don't have any medication like that in the house, not even panadol.