• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preferred exersizes for rear delt isolation?

Preferred exersizes for rear delt isolation?

I'll give you two exercises but I must emphasise the following point first: it's the method applied that would insure maximum muscle exhaustion/fatigue, which in turn would give you the muscle growth that you're after.

The two exercises:

1. face-pull.jpg

2. DdFN2.jpg

The method: Triples.

I'm sure you're familiar with 21s when it comes to frying your biceps right? Well, here you choose the triple (number) of your choice, preferably with your low rep set being no less than 30 reps, and your target/aim is to reach a set of 60s, with 45 reps being your middle ground rep set. So it's either 10,10,10, or 15, 15, 15, or 20,20,20. Again, just like the 21s you know for biceps, the idea is to split the reps into three sections, i.e. the upper, the lower, and the full complete section. Now imagine doing that on squats for 30 reps, fire!

Your aim: is to maximise metabolic stress within your targeted muscle fibres. Metabolic stress is created within your muscle fibres when by-products accumulate as you go through your repetitions.Why is this so important I hear you ask? It's because these by-products signal other chemicals in your muscles. Chemicals you've come to look forward to for their anabolic influence on your muscles; try IGF-1, lactic acid, which in turn would increase growth hormones etc. etc....

I'll give you two exercises but I must emphasise the following point first: it's the method applied that would insure maximum muscle exhaustion/fatigue, which in turn would give you the muscle growth that you're after.

The two exercises:

1. View attachment 10863

2. View attachment 10864

The method: Triples.

I'm sure you're familiar with 21s when it comes to frying your biceps right? Well, here you choose the triple (number) of your choice, preferably with your low rep set being no less than 30 reps, and your target/aim is to reach a set of 60s, with 45 reps being your middle ground rep set. So it's either 10,10,10, or 15, 15, 15, or 20,20,20. Again, just like the 21s you know for biceps, the idea is to split the reps into three sections, i.e. the upper, the lower, and the full complete section. Now imagine doing that on squats for 30 reps, fire!

Your aim: is to maximise metabolic stress within your targeted muscle fibres. Metabolic stress is created within your muscle fibres when by-products accumulate as you go through your repetitions.Why is this so important I hear you ask? It's because these by-products signal other chemicals in your muscles. Chemicals you've come to look forward to for their anabolic influence on your muscles; try IGF-1, lactic acid, which in turn would increase growth hormones etc. etc....

Thanks for your reply Fadi.

i am familiar with the first exersize to isolate delts, but have done the second mainly for back work. How do I isolate the rear delts in this movement?

Thanks for your reply Fadi.

i am familiar with the first exersize to isolate delts, but have done the second mainly for back work. How do I isolate the rear delts in this movement?

Sorry Dave. My intention was more like this:

m-seated_row.jpg

Any machine that would have you grip the bar wide and focus on pulling towards you at the same level with your rear delts.

hqdefault.jpg