• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap/Bulk roo meat supplier in Sydney

J

joshcrd

Anyone know of some cheap places in Sydney to get roo meat? (mince, steaks etc.)

I would rather go to a wholesale type butcher than my local butcher in Hunters Hill who sells it as some type of exotic game a ~$18/kg. Surely roo should be cheaper than that.

Open to buying bulk and freezing. I go to a place in Lansvale for my bulk meats but didn't see too much roo there.

How does it compare in price to Chicken and Beef? I'm thinking > Chicken but < Beef

your local Coles doesn't sell it? Both of the ones here sell the steaks, burgers, sausages, usually around $9/kg for burgers or sausages.

lol yeah.. next to the pet food section is where you'll find 'em.

Lol that's concerning, not to mention confusing. Hard to tell where the human food ends and the per food starts.

Yes they sell them at coles but I normally buy most of my meat in bulk from wholesale type butchers then freeze

I know on previous BB forums members used to share their preferred places to purchase bulk quantities of meats

Lenards? 5-Star Meats?

Actually anyone tried buying meat online to have it delivered and what has been the result? Please give ratings.

Roo used to be cheap as chips and then it became popular....pretty much what I used to live on (Roo Mince and snags) when I was a teen - have not checked the prices recently - but could be on par (per kg) with rump steak/chicken now?

Roo used to be cheap as chips and then it became popular....pretty much what I used to live on (Roo Mince and snags) when I was a teen - have not checked the prices recently - but could be on par (per kg) with rump steak/chicken now?
Yeah pretty much kangaroo rump is like $17 a kg

Yeah pretty much kangaroo rump is like $17 a kg

:eek: fuck that I'll stick to beef then

I remember on bodyline someone recommended a good place around Giraween - used to be able to buy lots of chicken breast and eggs in bulk, sorta like a wholesale butcher

:eek: fuck that I'll stick to beef then

I remember on bodyline someone recommended a good place around Giraween - used to be able to buy lots of chicken breast and eggs in bulk, sorta like a wholesale butcher
That's Redlea Chickens if I'm not mistaken.

Mate everything is a rip off in Hunters Hill haha, im around Gladesville and still a rip at times

I head out west for meat, The asian butchers in Eastwood are cheap as for chicken.

Beef im fussy with so i dont mind to pay bit extra but i like Vics meat market, only open on Saturday, Top quality. Best ive had so far

Havricks not bad too, also Establishment 182. out mascot way

Dno bout the Roo. I dont enjoy it so i wont eat it much at all.

Also buy primal cuts and then slice and freeze yourself. save heaps if your orgnaised with it all