• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A

AYDO_POTATO

Been reading up on the best shoes for powerlifting/strength training and just wondering what you guys and gals think are good. Ive heard good things about quite a few such as chuck taylors (probably most common) also heard that raptors from Buy Bodybuilding Clothing, Mens and Womens Fitness Clothes Online are also good, and i train barefoot, or in socks.Anyone have any experience with these or other recommendations

I wear Chucks so everyone knows I'm a srs powerlifter (actually because Chucks are a shitload less than specific lifting shoes). My squat style would suggest that I could benefit from some Adipowers / Romaleos though. I'm also getting some deadlift slippers on the advice of a more experienced lifter.

I squat using romaloes, deadlift in my socks and bench usually in my inov8 f-lite 195 trainers.
All seem to work well, romaloes definitely made a huge difference for me when squatting though.

Thanks fellasWas thinking about getting chucks to squat in and stick to my socks for deads but just not sure whether to get high tops or not

What's the difference between deads in socks and chucks? Chucks have a hard flat sole which is why they're popular, you just don't want something spongey like most sports shoes. For squats, most people like a heel, which is why the romaleos and whatnot are common.

I rate my Orion's but they're flat...upmarket chucks maybe?

i rate orions quite highly personally...and at only bout 100bux pretty decent value compared to most other shoes on the market

Yea ive looked at orions previously and did consider buying some
Theyre pretty much the same as the raptors from ryderwear

id say almost identical...although i havent worn the raptors... they serve same purpose and similar in quality/aesthic

If you are a raw squatter, chances are, unless you are built like Gimli, you will do well with some oly lifting shoes like the Nike or Adidas or similar. Use them for bench as well to help drive into the toes.

I use the Metal deadlift shoes and they are epic. You can squat in them as well if you don't do well in the oly shoes. Slippers and bare feet offer no outer foot support and sometimes pushing out will help you get a lift.

If you are on a budget, the raptors look OK or Chucks. I use a similar looking Asics wrestling shoe for general gym wear.

Yea theres also adonis shoes which again are the same for $75
i dont want to have like 3 different pairs of shoes one for each lift, i just wanna find a good pair that i can squat in and deadlift in aswell if i like it.

Depends on how you squat. If you can flat foot it then one pair will do but if you prefer a heel, then you will probably need two pairs

I wear a trusty $9 converse china replica/knock-off from BigW and they work fine for all lifts, even squats (before I was convinced I needed some high heels to work with but it was just tight ankles all along).

Yea theres also adonis shoes which again are the same for $75
i dont want to have like 3 different pairs of shoes one for each lift, i just wanna find a good pair that i can squat in and deadlift in aswell if i like it.

Then just go with a flat sole shoe, the firmer the sole the better. You don't want to be deadlifting in a heel, thats for sure.

Yea my ankles are a bit tight too, ive been working on loosening them up so i can squat in flat soled shoes

Oi I caved in and brought a pair of these Addidas Powerlift 2.0 which came in the mail like a chrissy pressy come early. Totally mirin. Can't wait to skwart von deeper with these babies and watch them gainz come at me bro.

XtAYOid.jpg