• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your first steroid cycle - Article

lkt004

Disclaimer: this was not written by me and was written in a country in which testosterone and other drugs mentioned are legal to purchase over the counter.

So you're wanting to jump on the gear, you've read the hype, you've finally hit 165lb and your genetic potential of a 250lb bench press and you want to take the next step into the world of steroids. You've read all about it on the internet, the bros who gain 30lbs of muscle in a month and swear "it's not water bro", you want to be huge and jacked and tanned and that little vial of liquid gold is all you need right?

Well i am not one to judge, so whoever you are, no matter how big or small, this, is in my opinion what you need, what you need to do and what you need to consider before jumping on the gear.

Things to consider;

Steroids, the golden ale, everyone who uses them is a cheat and the only reason they are strong is because they inject 1-3ml a couple of times per week right? I could sit here and give every kind of scientific explanation of why they work, how they work, but that’s already been done and not many people really give a shit. Lets start off that by remembering that in many countries and States in the U.S and Australia that steroids are a class 1 drug, with cocaine, amphetamines etc. Most of the others (ancilliary drugs that are used alongside) are class 4 and simply illegal because you don’t have a prescription for them. If you have gear for multiple cycles keep them in different places, half a vial of test would likely get you a slap on the wrist, having 3 or 4 may not get you off so lightly. Again, I am being cautious, the last thing you want is something on your record for getting better gains, or implicating your family into the situation.

There is ALWAYS the risk of permanent damage, even with short term low dosed usage, and whilst you can do everything properly and not do any damage, you still run the risk of reproductive and sexual damage. Be prepared that you may need to pin every week for the rest of your life if your body doesn't recover, this is a rarity, but does still happen.

Also, if you have a partner, fucking tell her/him/whatever, don't try and hide it, they won't agree but just tell them you're doing it and why.

How much should i use?

There are many many forums out there with the best “first cycles”, 500mg of test with 250mg of deca, don’t worry about hcg and just get your PCT stuff after your cycle is finished kind of advice. I am a novice to AAS use, but I am pretty bright and have the ability to critically analyse the effects on my mind and body without the meathead mentality. Talk to those who fucked it up badly, they will give you the best advice, because they don’t want to see someone else go through the same stuff.

250/300mg per week is a good starting dose, this will put 11+lb on you in your first cycle as long as you know how to eat and train and will allow you to see how the compounds are affecting your body, you may get more than this but a 5kg/11lb gain in 10 weeks is nothing to scoff at, especially as most of it will be muscle. You typically won't see testicular atrophy at this dose, or notice spikes in estrogen but i will get to that later.

If you are new to using needles or do not like it, i would suggest using testosterone enanthate, this ester has a half life of 2 weeks and if you inject once a week, your levels will not fluctuate too badly, ideally you will inject twice a week but at 250mg it is not necessary in my opinion.

The reason i started at this low dose was simply due to being cautious, you have to remember that everybody will react differently to these drugs, there is no one size fits all reactions. I noticed acne and aggression even at 300mg/week as well as increased irritability, i imagine these would have taken me by surprise at 5-600mg/week. You can also stay on this dose for an extended period of time, even after 22 weeks on i am still producing about 25% of the natural testosterone i was before going on and still have active sperm, even at 375mg per week. Why not look long term, save the high dosages and anabolic compounds for when you start to hit sticking points in your training, put in the hard yards, build a solid base with huge volume and a low dose, when you hit the higher dosages the rewards will be even greater.

What do i need for a full cycle?

This is what i bought when i got everything;

• 5 cycles worth of arimidex (anastrazole)
  • Tamofixen (nolvadex)
  • HCG, both for on cycle and PCT (this was the most expensive part of the cycle, watch out for fakes)
  • 20mL of testosterone enanthate from trusted friends/supplier. (tested and will explain later)
  • 2 cycles worth of 19 gauge needles
  • 2 cycles worth of 23 gauge needles
  • 2 cycles worth of 3mL (cc) barrels
  • Alcohol wipes or 95% ethanol (not available outside of someone in a lab)
  • Serophene (Clomid) for PCT

I'm not going to tell you what all of this does, you can Google that to find out, this is simply what i used whilst on cycle.

If you can get legitimate pharmaceutical grade stuff then go for it, there is a lot of bunk gear out there, and there are plenty of stories of stuff being tainted with heavy metals using powder from China or they aren't sterile. Though being in oil I can’t imagine the infections were caused by bacteria being in the gear, likely caused by injection stuff ups. You can get needles from exchange centers in Australia and pharmacies in the U.S.

I have access to some expensive machinery and skilled techs who didn’t ask any questions, I tested the test enanthate (in an unlabelled tube) I was given against a reference pharmaceutical product and calculated the dosage to be within 5% specified. Which is pretty good considering the fact most of this stuff is made in underground labs. If claimed 250mg/mL I will assume 235mg/mL. That means in each 1mL shot there is 235mg of Testosterone AND the enanthate ester, this ester slows the release so you only need to pin once a week. So if you calculate at 250mg/mL that’s around 186mg of actual testosterone, we will use a nice round 180mg of test, the body makes around 49mg per week, that’s around 3.7* natural production levels. Most people don’t make that much so it’s higher for them. This may not seem like much, but testosterone is a powerful anabolic hormone and even slight increases can have great impacts. You can also assume your body will continue to produce it's own testosterone so it may be higher than what i calculated above.

As you can see, I have everything I need before I even begin, most of the advice I was given was to just buy 1 cycle worth and worry about PCT later, or just never come off. The only issue there is what if you have to come, off for whatever reason? I got all of this for relatively cheap, so I did not mind doubling up on a couple of products, but by the time I was ready for my first pin, I had everything I needed ready to go.

Don’t listen to the internet, it’s full of idiots, those within the powerlifting community know it’s a small one, and there are plenty of people out there willing to offer advice, you just need to know how and who to ask. Don’t go up to the biggest strongest guy in your gym or fed and ask, they will likely laugh you off. Don’t use Facebook, email or text message, if you want to buy gear off someone use your ears and mouth, this will build trust especially if the person you’re dealing with doesn’t really know you. Recent events have made me far more cautious in the way I deal with this aspect of getting gear.

I'm not going to go into PCT protocols as they are relatively easy to come across online.

My first cycle looked like;
- 1mL testorone enanthate once a week
- Arimidex 0.25mg after injection

Second cycle
- 1.1mL testosterone enanthate
- Arimidex 0.25mg after injection

Third cycle
- 1.25mL testorone enanthate
- Arimidex 0.25mg after injection.
- 20mg clomid etd

My natural test production increased whilst using clomid on cycle, so im going to stick with it and see how it goes.

Cliff notes
- If you don't know how to eat, don't bother.
- If you don't know how to train, don't bother.
- If you don't know how to come off quickly and safely if required, don't bother.
- If you don't want to inject yourself, don't bother.
- If you aren't prepared to pay for everything in one go and will "pick it up when required", don't bother.

Written by an American friend living in Australia, thought i'd share it.