• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Redfern’s Lift Performance Centre gets back to basics with old-school fitness program

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]Redfern’s Lift Performance Centre gets back to basics with old-school fitness programs — and no mirrors[/h]POSERS and narcissists are not welcome at a new Sydney gym, which has banned mirrors, loud music and televisions in favour of old-fashioned sweat.

Cato Rutherford’s Lift Performance Centre at Redfern has gone back to basics with its old-school approach to fitness and exercise.
Mr Rutherford believes his centre is at the forefront of a fitness revolution, with industry-leading service, the highest-quality performance equipment and cutting-edge health information.
008735-27b4d030-916f-11e4-87ee-29b4813340c4.jpg

Lift Performance Centre is proudly old-school. Source: Supplied

009006-288f96d4-916f-11e4-87ee-29b4813340c4.jpg

There’s zero chance of a decent gym selfie at this place. Source: Supplied

He said members would quickly notice the lack of mirrors, mounted TVs and loud music, and said they wouldn’t find treadmills or cross-trainers as he believed natural forms of exercise were a better way to get fit.
“We’ve fitted the facility with high-performance equipment that you’ll rarely find in other gyms,” he said.
272155-99eecb5a-9553-11e4-a9f8-6a5c5b71b356.jpg

Gym selfies like this aren’t possible at this gym. Credit: Twitter. Source: Supplied

272616-24fd3508-916f-11e4-87ee-29b4813340c4.jpg

Gym owner Cuto Rutherford is against mirrors in gyms.Source: Supplied

“If you simply want to go for a run, why not head outside in the fresh air?
“Our philosophy is one of achieving a holistically healthy body and mind where resistance training is just as vital to your fitness as cardiovascular training.
“We don’t subscribe to the traditional model of today’s gyms with swipe cards and a salesman on the desk.
009032-cb099438-9529-11e4-a9f8-6a5c5b71b356.jpg

Cross-fit machines are a no-no. Source: Getty Images

008815-4b14edc8-9528-11e4-a9f8-6a5c5b71b356.jpg

You won’t find a treadmill at this gym. Source: Supplied

“We want to see you succeed so we’ll constantly offer our expert advice on form, routine and nutrition to help you get you where you want to be, and make sure you’re enjoying your fitness journey.”
“While we have a great mix of members including high-performance athletes through to those needing special rehabilitation, 70 per cent of our members are regular everyday people who simply to want to get in shape and build strength.”
934936-6f920d96-952a-11e4-a9f8-6a5c5b71b356.jpg

There’s no admiring of guns at Lift Performance Centre. Source: News Corp Australia

Rutherford has spent the past six years travelling the globe visiting hundreds of training facilities, lecturing academics in exercise science and physiology and immersing himself in literature and study relevant to the human body.
He said his Redfern facility was the culmination of that journey.
Lift Performance Centre also features a custom gymnastics fit out complete with Gymnova parallel bars, competition rings, wall bars and fall mats and thick-grip handles on all dumbbells and barbells.
Visit liftperformancecentre.com.au

Are you sure that's redfern?? Far out it's poshed up ever since I last visited that dump of a joint 10 years ago lmao..

If it's in Redfern then I wouldn't even go for free if even of they paid me. You'll lose your gym gear and shoes soon enough.

looks great!

As I walked past the local anytime fitness the other day on a lovely day, collecting some vitamin D and fresh air and saw all the people on the treadmills on the inside, I really couldn't work out why you would pay someone to do that when you can do it for free.

looks great!

As I walked past the local anytime fitness the other day on a lovely day, collecting some vitamin D and fresh air and saw all the people on the treadmills on the inside, I really couldn't work out why you would pay someone to do that when you can do it for free.

I hate treadmills, I get to caught up watching the metres slowly trickle over, it does my head it,

looks great!

Yup!

Same as mirrors in gyms. Just attracts the wrong people and are completely pointless anyway