• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm going well towards my goal of 95kg @ 14% body fat.
I'm sitting at about 91.5kg with 14.6% body fat.

Strength wise, I haven't given a huge amount of thought.

Bench and Squat have gone up.
But dead not so much.
Bench is about 10kg off required 1RM.
Squat is harder without a rack, but already pushing close to 100kg for 10 without the rack.
Deads have never been my strong point, only sitting 5kg heavier compared to the start of the year.

Well, here's my mid-term progress report - not very good:

Aims (when this tread was started):

Bench 120k (plus the bar) x 1 TF - End of May
Deadlift >100k for reps regularly, without hurting my back - TF Next 4 months
Squat >= 120kg x 5 reps, multiple sets, as an unexeptional part of leg workout - TF: Middle of year.
Lose fat tummy

Present status:

I've seriously gone backwards on all of these. At my last bench session, I managed one rep of 100k, compared with 2 reps of 107, and 3 of 100, back in March.
Haven't tried deadlifting.
Squats - much less stamina (and probably much less strength too, although I haven't tested a max). Today I did 1 set of 4 reps of 100k, which just about did for me. 12 reps of 100k was almost just part of my warm-up early in the year.
Gut - surprisingly, I'm a fair bit slimmer than I was - no doubt because I stopped trying to eat like a body-builder, when I started to think, around the start of April, that I should take a break from trying to work out like one.

Last edited:
Was thinking about this the last couple of days...

My goals were
Lean 75kg
Bench 120 x 3
Front squat 100 x 3
5km run

I got up to a 117.5 x 3 bench and then had to take time off to go overseas. Weight quickly dropped back but have worked back up to 107.5 x 3, so should have it in the bag by EOY.

Similar story on the FS. Got up to 95 x 3, currently doing 90 x 3 so easy done in 6 months.

Weight is around 76-77kg, higher bf but i'm bulking ;)
Should achieve this one and the 5km run when I start cutting in 4 or so months.

My Goals for 2015

400kg Combined Lift
15% Bf

Current Standings
Weight: 79.4Kg
Squat: 100 Kg
Bench: 110 Kg
Deadlift: 100 Kg

Finally broke the 600lb deadlift barrier buy a little.....and ticked off another goal.

285kg/628lb Deadlift

Went ok, smashed the deadlift half way through the year.
Had an accident later in the year, wrecking my hand and have been cruising since
Was getting close to the bench

Nope. Broke my neck. But did manage to front squat 190kg.

bc9476e0d08ccfceaa6b7b729303aecc_zpsqrnmjanl.jpg

Heh. Didn't make it either.
Would have given the wrapped squat a shake had i not hurt myself.

In the end currently think I'm good for 180-182.5 raw squat, 250 dead, 135-137.5 bench. So I'm closer finally. [emoji14]