• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Build up to 75kg with 10% body fat by the end of the year. Was previously weighing 70kg at 10%.

My goals:

Sub 20% bf @ 85kg BW
Squat 140kg 1.R.M
Deadlift 200kg 1.R.M
Bench 120kg 1.R.M
Military Press 85kg 1.R.M

Some of the above looks rather fantastical at the moment but 12 months is a plenty time to work on it, with consistency and a bit of grit added for good measure.

Put me down for -

- Get below 100kg's (for more than a week haha)

- 190kg raw bench (at whatever bodyweight/wouldn't be over 110kg)

272.5kg Squat
272.5kg Dead
Improve on my 227.5kg Bench (which has gone to shit since I started squatting/deadlifting lol)

[MENTION=11460]jimmy[/MENTION]; [MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10084]Jungman[/MENTION]; [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; [MENTION=12962]ink81[/MENTION]; thanks fella's. OP updated. Good Luck :)

My goals:

Sub 20% bf @ 85kg BW
Squat 140kg 1.R.M
Deadlift 200kg 1.R.M
Bench 120kg 1.R.M
Military Press 85kg 1.R.M

Some of the above looks rather fantastical at the moment but 12 months is a plenty time to work on it, with consistency and a bit of grit added for good measure.

A year is a long time mate, you PLing or BBing?

my biggest goal is to improve,not sure what weight class ill be competing in so cant say what numbers ill be aiming for and some good lifters have turned 40 this year.

i think to keep winning at m1 level im going to have to cut to 74 however thats pretty small physically for me,and will be hard to do.

Last edited:
my biggest goal is to improve,not sure what weight class ill be competing in so cant say what numbers ill be aiming for and some good lifters have turned 40 this year.

i think to keep winning at m1 level im going to have to cut to 74 however thats pretty small physically for me,and will be hard to do.
Hey Gerry, just curious if you had the choice of lifting either as much as you possibly could (forgetting about weight) and possibly not winning or lifting less than you were capable of at a lighter weight in order to win, what one would you choose?

option b.i think if i had a job where i wasnt moving as much,then id reconsider.i havent competed that long,in fact i havent lifted for that long.im making the most of my limited talent.
ill get beaten as the standard improves and better lifters get older and move into the m1s.i think i can travel overseas and pull off another unlikely win though but thats a long way away and assuming a lot.

however some guys have been doing this since they were kids basically.they have moved tonnes upon tonnes and are probably finished by the time they are 40.i havent been subject to the same stresses.i dont lift that heavy.

Last edited:
A year is a long time mate, you PLing or BBing?

Sure is.. I'm more into functional strength training, sounds sissy but I strength train for carryover effects into other incidental sports that I play, and for work where I have to do heaps of lifting - fits in more with PLing I guess due to the focus on the big 4. Not BB'ing (haven't done a BB curl in years) :cool:

Exert from my new 2015 diary.

AIM:
End of 2015:
95kg
14% BF
Bench Press - 112.5kg for 6 reps
Deadlift - 190kg for 6 reps
Squats - 140kg for 6 reps (need to buy squat rack, I've been using Bench Press haha)

Exert from my new 2015 diary.

AIM:
End of 2015:
95kg
14% BF
Bench Press - 112.5kg for 6 reps
Deadlift - 190kg for 6 reps
Squats - 140kg for 6 reps (need to buy squat rack, I've been using Bench Press haha)

Added :)

End of 2015:

130 kg's
20% bf
Benchpress 100 kgs
Deadlift 150 kgs
Squat 150 kgs
Do 1 pullup (for the first time ever)

Buy home weight set and get a cage

End of the year
Bench 100kg
Squat 140kg
Deadlift 180kg
Weight 90+
BF 20% or less

Added to OP [MENTION=18023]Mgt[/MENTION]; , also welcome to the forum. Good luck with your goals.

Also [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; added to OP mate. You will demolish that.

OK so here's my set of goals for 2015 (takes deep breath lol):

modest goals as it will take time for me to build up strength etc after rehab.
Let's say by Xmas

PL
Bench - get that 50kg PB (or more if I'm delusional)
Deadlift - 130kg
Squat - TBA too hard to say right now

Possible comp towards end of year if all is OK.

Body Comp
Regain lost FFM (hopefully 2kg by end of year min) and maybe lose a bit of fat (max 2kg fat loss)
Stay in 48kg weight class if I can but with better power to weight ratio.