• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Attention OP - Mackie,

KungFooGoo goals are as follows:

Bodyweight - Maintain a 75kg+ bodyweight - Currently sitting at 70ish.

Lifting goals will be updated once l sit above 75.

Regards, KFG

Bench 120k (plus the bar), one rep, by end of May - reasonably possible;

Deadlift >100k for reps regularly, without hurting my back, or getting intolerabe hamstring pain afterwards, in the next four months - I should be able to do this, but I've never been much good at deadlifts;

Squat >= 120k for at least 5 reps, and multiple sets, as an unexeptional part of leg workout - by middle of year - maybe.

Lose my fat tummy - unlikely ...

[MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION] ; Haha cheers mate, I will re-assess when I have a good think about where I want to go this year

goals are silly. im going to listen to my body, and see where it takes me.

injury free!

might be a stretch but My goal is 200kg backsquat, 110kg snatch and 130kg clean and jerk by EOY

:)

when you push for a goal, and don't listen to the body, too focused on numbers... well thats a very amature approach
I'm a bit on the fence about it. I can see where you're coming from but also think you need something to aim for. Careful balance between the two I guess?

My goals this year would be

75kg - lean as opposed to the 75 with 25+% bf I usually see

120kg x 3 bench
100kg x 3 front squat
And being able to run 5km without coughing up a lung

Easily achievable if I stick to a plan.

i have a goal in my head, but im not going to lose sleep if i get injured, or feel too tired and take extra rest and don't make a number that week...

gotta be strict, sure. but being consistent is key, the numbers will come without even thinking about it.

pro's don't stick to routines. thats media and advertising to newbies. once you have the discipline to not only train, but cook your food, eat it, rest... oh, and train ;)

theres more to it than just getting some numbers.
most newbies i see going after numbers look unbalanced and don't even look like they lift... even lifting very heavy weight!

I get that.
I've given myself a whole year to put 20kg on my deadlift.
My priority is the 10% bf. And if I maintain or increase my strength in doing so, I'm happy.

I get that.
I've given myself a whole year to put 20kg on my deadlift.
My priority is the 10% bf. And if I maintain or increase my strength in doing so, I'm happy.

now thats a realistic goal, nice

By end of 2015
220 squat without wraps
180 touch and go bench press
130 power clean
bodyweight whatever it takes.

Mate, thats impressive, you think you could add 'no more pics of knob' to that?

Done all of these feats before except never squatted 220 without wraps. My knob goes where I go most of the time. Except the other day I think I saw it squidding at woodman point.

i have a goal in my head, but i'm not going to lose sleep if i get injured, or feel too tired and take extra rest and don't make a number that week...

Join in then mate.

This thread started last year with a few mates, who enjoy following each others training logs all putting something down on paper as to what they would like to achieve for the year.

No ones going to neck themselves if they don't make it.

200 squat, 150 bench, 220 dead. End of year
142.5 squat, 115 bench, 170 dead, are my 1rm's at the start of year
92kg end of year @10%, currently 96ish at about 18-20%
to get a photo taken with captain risky and get him to sign it.
lets kick it rip it. Woooh

Last edited: