• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Farmers Walk

Hope you're sending me a pair with my rack.... I'm guessing that's the reason it hasn't arrived yet anyway. Looks killer BVG, love ya work!

I'm just waiting to finish off your incline/flat benches and I will send it all off in one kit to save shipping costs!!
Cheers

Nice mate. Much better looking than the ghetto pair i have.... Did you use smooth steel for the handles or is there knurling on it?

After staring this thread about farmers walks I decided to make a pair of top loaders and add them to my training . They are about 25kg each.

They are quite solid and I have welded all the end caps for the handles and posts and polished them back before being painted. I made it out of 75x50x3mm, handle is 30mm diameter x 4mm thick .

I put 6mm thick ski's on either end so if you drop the load your toes won't get squashed. It gives you a more stable footprint as well.

Man how can I get a set of these???

About time you start making gym equipment professionally, I would certainly be placing an order.

I seriously want some of these, but for standard plates and with fat handles, let me know and I will pick them up next time I am on the Gold Coast.

You should think about making a prowler sled as well, to push and drag.

Last edited:
Nice mate. Much better looking than the ghetto pair i have.... Did you use smooth steel for the handles or is there knurling on it?

Thanks mate, no knurling. I just used heavy wall pipe for the handles and had them powder coated.
It is fairly grippy. You could rough the paint up a bit by using some fine sandpaper for more grip.
I was thinking of knurling them but didn't have access to a lathe
Cheers

Man how can I get a set of these???

About time you start making gym equipment professionally, I would certainly be placing an order.

I seriously want some of these, but for standard plates and with fat handles, let me know and I will pick them up next time I am on the Gold Coast.

You should think about making a prowler sled as well, to push and drag.

They are a one off at this stage Mick.
A few people have mentioned to start making gym equipment

A sled is next on the production line along with a adjustable bench. Just finished a flat bench off... Just waiting on the padding so I can try it out.
Cheers

Hey get in line Micko, he's already running 12 months behind! Do you need me to hire a sea container to send it over?

Certainly looks better than anything available anywhere.

This is the reason I Use my 30plus year old equipment, it's solid and well made, this is the same solid made by someone that actually uses the equipment, not stuff made out of tin cans in some third world country.

They are 30mm sch 10 so you won't bend them! Unless [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION];uses them with his guns could do some damage!!

Nah its not to bad, a barbell is 28. But my grip is pathetic at the moment. I have soft baby hands from a few months off.

CHS...what's that Lingo Bro!! Still schedule wherever I've worked!

OK, just imagined 1" would make for a good grip.
CHS - Circular Hollow Section