• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Puggy's TRUE PROTEIN PRE & POST Review

Puggy

Hey all, I've had the pleasure to be trialing these supplements over the past week. I haven’t been able to crack out as many sessions as I would have liked because of packing to go away and timing everything. However, I’ve managed 3 sessions using PRE and followed by POST each of those sessions.

PRE –

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: I’ve a bit of knowledge about some of the ingredients in preworkouts and thought I’d make a comment about the formula of this preworkout. It’s very comprehensive, containing a BCAA, Pump, Energy and Focus aspects. These are all fundamental represented by key ingredients such as Citruilline Malate, Creatine, Beta Alanine, N Acetyl L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine and Caffiene. The dosing is quite good for a premade product.
SESSION 1: On Tuesday I trialled PRE for the first time, I first of all trained back, I did heaps of volume and PRE managed to sustain me for 75 minutes of high intensity followed by another 75 minutes of quads and hamstrings at high intensity.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 7/10 – I’m a man who likes the effect more than the taste, it’s never worried me. However, coconut is certainly not a flavour I would buy deliberately. It’s not appealing. Looking at some of the other reviews I thought the flavour would be bad. However I was surprised that it was quite bearable, and not too bad. Mixed perfectly also, no mulm at the end whatsoever.

ENERGY: 8/10 - I was impressed to note, my energy was elevated consistently for 120 minutes, and there was no crash. The energy was clean and sustained without the jitters or anxiety. Strong enough stimulation to be consistent and if anything perform better in my workout, but not over the top crazy DMAA workout.

FOCUS: 8/10 – Focus was present throughout the workout, significant enough. Even as the energy and pump wore out the other focus element seemed to last into the night. Constantly into each set and feeling good contraction in the muscle.

PUMP: 8/10 – Significant pump, I was swelled up looked huge. Veins were popping, not as much as other preworkouts. But I felt fuller with this than others. Back was swollen. Not large enough to cause cramps or struggle with contraction.

VALUE FOR MONEY: 7/10 - Your looking at good dosing of some of the best ingredients that can go in a good preworkout. Australian owned also, which is promising. And you're get undoubtedly one of the better preworkouts you'll ever have in your life. Compatible products are on the market for $45 for 20 serves which gives TRUE PROTEIN to put a high dosed formula in that price range. However, this would be a turn back for me considering I have many of the raw ingredients at home.

POST -

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: The effect of this product would have to be trialed over a long term basis so I cannot comment of this. However I can see, this an excellently dosed postworkout shake, containing very important elements in any post workout regime.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 7/10 - I tried the Rich Chocolate flavour and it was pretty good. Up there with some of the better tastes I've seen. Especially considering all the extra ingredients. Tastes a nice and sweet and not to thick. Mixed perfectly.

VALUE FOR MONEY: 8/10 - Think of this as a post workout meal, you've got plenty of carbs and protein directly after your workout (yes I know how long the anabolic window is), it's convenient and sweet for those who like a sugary taste after workouts. It works out pretty well if you think about it.

- Massive props to True Protein for letting me trial. It's some pretty cool supplements you've just put on the market.
You'll find me buying PRE quite a bit.