• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 World weightlifting champs positive drug tests

spartacus

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2014wwc/

This is the 2014 World Weightlifting Championships Resource page.
As always, I will keep this page updated throughout the event as soon as new information is available.
[h=3]Latest News[/h]Update: 11.12.2014: More positive tests…

Update: 04.12.2014: Next positive tests by *drum roll* North Korea, Albania, Uzbekistan! (via)

• BEGAJ Romela, ALB (63kg Snatch Gold Medalist 113kg)
  • RI Jong Hwa, PRK (58kg C&J Gold, Total Silver)
  • SISOEVA Marina, UZB (53kg 4th place)
  • MAMASALIYEVA Manzurahon, UZB (69kg 9th place)

If I had my way, I would ban testing altogether. I feel sorry for the athletes who get caught, as most everyone is using PED. Either you have a country that supports your usage (in private) but publically denounces the usage of PED, or you belong to a group / a network of individuals who work together to help you achieve the best possible results whilst at the same time avoiding detection.

The most classic of all classics was the 1988 Olympic games, where the whole of the Bulgaria team decided to leave and head back home to Bulgaria after their first few lifters won gold and tested positive. Masking drugs is what the Bulgarian and Soviet Union were the world leaders in, in the sport of weightlifting. So when one decided to use a particular masking drug (Probenecid in one instance), they were all caught out (or at least the lifters who did lift) by testing positive,...not for steroids, but for Probenecid. Either Mr Ivan Abadjiev didn't know the IOC was testing for such a drug (which I highly doubt), or something else less than honest was playing in the background...sport politics perhaps!

sorry fadi, not going to happen.

It is certainly a lot harder to cheat today, and getting harder by the day.

I remember the day when Australian kid weightlifters were on the gear, a fucking disgrace. I am talking teenagers. One of them was my training partner.

Yeah, not good. Teenagers and gear is a shitty choice. The best test cycle you are ever going to get in life is called puberty, and the roids shut it right down.

Then there is the destructive attitude that anything goes to win because your goals are superior to anyone elses. Well, that's much the same way of thinking that starts wars and causes dickheads to shoot journalists.

You win gold, the crowd goes wild then you slide into obscurity. Really, no one gives a shit about your little medal. So you used drugs to get to the top and now you fall back on that to get out of the morass of ambiguity.

All drug laws may be less than effective, but at least it keeps the flood down to a drizzle. Giving up and letting people take anything you want will open the floodgates of massive world record jumps and lots of early deaths.

If I had my way, I would ban testing altogether. I feel sorry for the athletes who get caught, as most everyone is using PED. Either you have a country that supports your usage (in private) but publically denounces the usage of PED, or you belong to a group / a network of individuals who work together to help you achieve the best possible results whilst at the same time avoiding detection.

The most classic of all classics was the 1988 Olympic games, where the whole of the Bulgaria team decided to leave and head back home to Bulgaria after their first few lifters won gold and tested positive. Masking drugs is what the Bulgarian and Soviet Union were the world leaders in, in the sport of weightlifting. So when one decided to use a particular masking drug (Probenecid in one instance), they were all caught out (or at least the lifters who did lift) by testing positive,...not for steroids, but for Probenecid. Either Mr Ivan Abadjiev didn't know the IOC was testing for such a drug (which I highly doubt), or something else less than honest was playing in the background...sport politics perhaps!

you cant be serious.no way should this happen.countries like Australia and New Zealand would have no chance of winning anything if drugs became legal in sport

Why? We have access to the same drugs everyone else else does. ....

A knowledge of chemistry and how a HPLC-MS works is all you need to beat tests. They can't detect compounds they have no reference standard for. Who the fuck takes Stan that close to a drug tested meet?

are you sure about that?

think about it a little more closely please.neither you or i are at the cutting edge of sports research.im not letting a country with better funds and better know-how get ahead.crazy man.war of the chemists.

if people are going to win its because they are more talented naturally.

keep it natty please.or at least give the guys who dont take peformance enhancers something to compete in too.

Last edited:
Why? We have access to the same drugs everyone else else does. ....

A knowledge of chemistry and how a HPLC-MS works is all you need to beat tests. They can't detect compounds they have no reference standard for. Who the fuck takes Stan that close to a drug tested meet?

are you insinuating that theres clean lifters cheating?who?

it is random testing that makes it harder to cheat; very hard to cheat.

A reliance upon competition testing is for the stone age, but still comp testing catches many cheats.

but the juicing powerlifter says those tests are easy to beat..who to believe here?

and how does he know that?

they are not easy to beat, that is just fiction.

Sure, if there is a compound not now yet, you could cheat, but for all other illegal PEDs know, it is not that easy.

Only exceptions are poor and/or corrupt countries where less extensive testing or desire to do so.

Here, in the great land of Australia, it is very, very, very hard to cheat. Not impossible, but extremely difficult.

Australia has very few international grade lifters. It's 50:50 as to whether any of the top ranked Aussie internationals are using.

Teams of organic chemists and analytical chemists conspire to synthesize new compounds that aren't banned because they are not on the list yet. There's an amazing amount of flexibility in the way various androgen isomers can be created and the number of positions that a hydroxyl or methyl group can be tacked on to create brand new compounds.

this is true, but if it was rampant we would see performances going through roof again.

In the big Olympic sports where there is considerable interest and sponsorship, not weightlifting, there is no such rise in performance the last few years.

In fact, 2014 was a poor year for sprinting times.

I will be interested to see what happens in 2015.

One thing Australia leads world on is testing more than most; per capita basis.

In Australia, weightlifting is a very minor sport, but Australia conducts more tests in that sport with the exception of just 9 nations (2013).

Yes, but how many? I.e. I could say Australia does twice as many tests as America, if America did 1 and Australia did 2.

Anyway, for the Olympic sports, the WADA code gives you 3 strikes. So first you do stuff with minimal glow time, and if they DO come knocking when you're not ready, you just hide under the bed.

come on, not hard to work out that it would be a lot more tests than that. Weighlifting is an Olympic games sport.

2013, Australia 178, USA 328, UK 142.