• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 World weightlifting champs positive drug tests

i could listen to this topic all day :)

what about halotestin @Fadi ; ?

Halotestin had a reputation amongst Olympic weightlifters as the dirty steroids that ROCKS! Yes I know, sounds like a contradiction in terms doesn't it C_T! But weightlifters knew dirty or not, if it rocked for strength gains, a way had to be found around its hepatoxic effect. I'm sure you are aware of liver toxicity as being an individual thing up to a point. With these steroids that are phenomenal at increasing one's power level, you always want to hit, then back off, monitor , hit, then back off. A lot similar to the way one would take Adaptogens.

Soon, you would find yourself stronger off steroids than on. A rebound effect takes place, where your strength increases but this time with an added bonus, more power (speed if you like), due to much less water retention and more muscle flexibility.

Last edited:
i could listen to this topic all day :)

what about halotestin @Fadi ; ?

some bb/pl types from the 80s and 90s stacked halo with sustanon which was brutally effective and then when they needed shorter half life they stacked stanazol, halo and anapolon which seemed to give some pretty freakish short term gains in limit strength plus a nice yellow jaundice. Then when they were tapering off or the titties were growing, in came the proviron and three shots of hcg per week.

it was incredible to see. During the last week of some of these cycles just before the tapering period, there was an ampoule of sustanon per week, three or four 1.5mL shots of stanazolol per week, two to four halotestin per day, one or two proviron per day and three shots of hcg per week. Some kept taking anapolon throughout the PCT period.

I'm amazed they survived. Some did not. Some believed stanazolol suspension had a short half life being water based. They were wrong.

Halotestin had a reputation amongst Olympic weightlifters as the dirty steroids that ROCKS! Yes I know, sounds like a contradiction in terms doesn't it C_T! But weightlifters knew dirty or not, if it rocked for strength gains, a way had to be found around its hepatoxic effect. I'm sure you are aware of liver toxicity as being an individual thing up to a point. With these steroids that are phenomenal at increasing one's power level, you always want to hit, then back off, monitor , hit, then back off. A lot similar to the way one would take Adaptogens.

Soon, you would find yourself stronger off steroids than on. A rebound effect takes place, where your strength increases but this time with an added bonus, more power (speed if you like), due to much less water retention and more muscle flexibility.

hehe, now thats use not abuse. very interesting indeed. cheers @Fadi ;
theres a rumour Mike Tyson loved halo.

some bb/pl types from the 80s and 90s stacked halo with sustanon which was brutally effective and then when they needed shorter half life they stacked stanazol, halo and anapolon which seemed to give some pretty freakish short term gains in limit strength plus a nice yellow jaundice. Then when they were tapering off or the titties were growing, in came the proviron and three shots of hcg per week.

it was incredible to see. During the last week of some of these cycles just before the tapering period, there was an ampoule of sustanon per week, three or four 1.5mL shots of stanazolol per week, two to four halotestin per day, one or two proviron per day and three shots of hcg per week. Some kept taking anapolon throughout the PCT period.

I'm amazed they survived. Some did not. Some believed stanazolol suspension had a short half life being water based. They were wrong.

hehe, ive also heard of morning dbol 10mg use during pct (sometimes permanently!). for the feel good effect.
stops that comedown depression normally associated with stopping steriods.

people interesting in taking anything really need to understand what they getting into, i think these discussions keep it all in perspective. its not all roses and sunshine.

cheers [MENTION=12011]vonfram88[/MENTION] ;

Time and time again I have seen the short-termism of the PED users. The candle burns very brightly but not for long.

Big attitude to go with the enhanced performance then see them ten years later, dude did you even...?

Don't you think it's quite a misleading chart layout? Since there's some others in the Other List that are 11+ incidents yet others on the main chart are with just a couple
Haha, yes for sure mate. Statistics are what they are and what you would want them to be. Always taken with a grain of salt. That's why forums such as this one and others like it, you get the info without it being drizzled with salt and pepper or sweetened to suite the taste!

thats the difference between use and abuse i believe. some want results yesterday, others are happy to wait years and live longer, fuller lives.

Time and time again I have seen the short-termism of the PED users. The candle burns very brightly but not for long.

Big attitude to go with the enhanced performance then see them ten years later, dude did you even...?
An honest and 100% correct post, thank you Sir.

Carl Lewis had a positive drug test for stimulants at the US Olympic trials back in 1988 leading to the Soul Olympic games, yet went on to claim the gold medal after the positive test of Ben Johnson in the 100m sprint finals. Wow, wait a sec! Why was he even competing at the Olympics?! One stutters whilst the other is a great ambassador for the sport of athletics. DO we live in a capitalist society where money talks and stutterers walk? Make up your own mind, I've made up mine!

The above was simply the smallest tip of a corrupt iceberg, where justice walks and money talks :mad:!

Come on fadi, that was 25 years ago.

There has been a much better effort to clean up sport since, and stop rampant drug abuse in sport.

The fact is they did bring Lance Armstrong down, along with many other superstar cyclists and track global medalists.

No one is safe from exposure any more.

I agree statistics can me misleading, but so can silly opinions like the world is corrupt and money talks.

what about the superstars of sport now being caught in the USA, the home of capitalism.

Come on, let us keep the debate real.

I posted in another thread a link to the recent doco on systematic drug cheating in Russia. All sports, particularly Olympics. It went all the way to the top.

Since Dbol has such a long detection time, and dbol is, according to the earlier post, the #1 detected drug, you would assume that they are only taking it because they know they will either not get tested or the results will be switched or covered up. When you don't pay your "fee" you get busted.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/german-documentary-systematic-russian-doping/

woody, yes that is possibly the case in Russia. There are many countries where corruption prevails with regard to drug taking.

However, this does not take anything away from the basic assumption I make that cheating today is much harder, and that no person is beyond exposure.

Carl Lewis had a positive drug test for stimulants at the US Olympic trials back in 1988 leading to the Soul Olympic games, yet went on to claim the gold medal after the positive test of Ben Johnson in the 100m sprint finals. Wow, wait a sec! Why was he even competing at the Olympics?! One stutters whilst the other is a great ambassador for the sport of athletics. DO we live in a capitalist society where money talks and stutterers walk? Make up your own mind, I've made up mine!

The above was simply the smallest tip of a corrupt iceberg, where justice walks and money talks :mad:!

Yep, wasn't Carl Lewis the first major name to be implicated in the use of HGH. Most of the Santa Monica Track Club team members had (teeth) braces at one stage, a possible sign of HGH use. I read somewhere that Carl Lewis now suffers from very bad arthritis, another possible sign of HGH abuse.

With regard to Marijuana use, a number of fighters have gone for using it. Not sure why you'd use Pot, unless you were also pinning Testosterone, but some do. Depends on your (fighter) style I guess.

It is very unfair when Australians have to compete against State sanctioned PED programs, or even Countries who just turn a blind eye to PED use.

@spartacus ; you wrote that ASADA did 178 tests last year, yet the USA's drug testing body only did 312 or something. Australia has a population of 23 million, USA has a population of 320 million. Seems the US's athletes aren't anywhere near as strongly tested as AUS.

the world knows what Russia is up to, that is why they refused to allow Russia to conduct testing for last winter Olympics there. Testing was conducted outside Russia.

But look at weightlifting today here. The standard has fallen dramatically in the last few decades.

In the 1980s, I trained at one club which had a doctor that gave teenagers steroids. It was lonovar.

Now that sort of shit is hardly going to happen today, is it? If it does, there is a god chance it will be exposed. As I said, a disgrace what happened in 1980s, and only a fool would advocate any return to open slather when girls became boys and women became men.

stiffy, yes, it is appears unfair for Australians athletes in per capita terms, although numbers could reflect mere focus on elite performers. I plan on researching our disadvantage.

But, hopefully, the international bodies can continue to lift their game.

Some sports are leading way. For example, rowing has qualifiers for world championships, this forces regular competition and, thus, regular exposure to testing.

I am sure that some track aths are still cheating, but the Dimaond league also guarantees that you cannot hide if you want to win as regular participation is needed.

One off world champs allow much more scope for athletes, especially in sports with little interest by the West, to hide behind dodgy national systems.

Come on fadi, that was 25 years ago.
Human nature has not changed since day one.

I agree statistics can me misleading, but so can silly opinions like the world is corrupt and money talks.
I admire your faith in the system. The only and real silly thing that occurred since I got involved in weightlifting 35 years ago, was the introduction of new weight classes back in 1998. Obviously someone was under the false impression that human nature somehow got magically changed in that year. I ask, what has changed since the introduction of the new weight classes and the abolition of all existing weightlifting records up to that time ? Zero, is my answer!

I would love to see sport competition without elite athletes resorting to PED. But that's only wishful thinking and irrational hoping on my part, as deep down, I know it will never happen for as long as humans are humans. You speak of efforts been made to make it harder for athletes to cheat. Yes, on the surface and for the general public consumption these efforts have been made. What the public is not told though, is the fact and the reality of such a thing called selective punishment and selective reprieve. I gave you one example that occurred 27 years ago with Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis. Don't let the time factor fool you, nothing (not an iota) has changed as far as the people in the know are concerned. Only thing now, it's more spread then it ever was. Once upon a time it was basically the Soviet Union, Bulgaria, East Germany and perhaps few other eastern block countries like Poland etc. that new how to get around testing. Today those eastern block coaches are no longer confined behind the iron curtain no, they are all over the place. Turkey, Greece, Iran, the Gulf states etc. ..unfortunately Australia was too scared to get involved when it had the opportunity to shine on the world stage. But then again, we are a nation of Football/Rugby and not weightlifting, i.e., it was not seen as a great loss as far as the general public was concerned. There's money in football, not so in weightlifting. Again, money talks, whether you like it or not, it talks!

mate, you need to read the news. Greece and turkey have been severely targeted for drug abuse in lots of sports. Who can forget the Greek champion sprinter staging a motor bike accident to avoid testing in 2004. Testing finally caught up with the Greeks.

As i said, it is much harder to cheat today in sport. This is a fact, nothing to do with the flaws of human nature.

You need to produce evidence why drug testing is not working.

Sure, there are a whole lot of flaws given that non-elite people are hardly tested, but the evidence suggests it is now clearly harder to cheat, and getting harder in poor countries where less desire to police (as 2014 World weightlifting champs prove). They too will need to get smarter if they are to cheat. Those Eastern European coaches are obviously not that bright.

In countries like Australia, we are now blessed that young weightlifters are no longer simply given drugs by clubs and doctors, as they were in the 1980s.