• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 World weightlifting champs positive drug tests

Yes, but how many? I.e. I could say Australia does twice as many tests as America, if America did 1 and Australia did 2.

Anyway, for the Olympic sports, the WADA code gives you 3 strikes. So first you do stuff with minimal glow time, and if they DO come knocking when you're not ready, you just hide under the bed.
quite clearly you havent been tested by WADA.

any idea how stringent these tests are?

not the same as employment drug tests.

Last edited:
No I realise that, and I'm not speaking from experience. I'm speaking from what I've read from professionals' confessions.

First of all, the hide under the bed thing is for real. If you're "not" where you say you were going to be, you get a strike. Not only that but the WADA code also states that athletes have to be tested at certain times, etc. This then allows you more flexibility with what you actually use.

Second, I know it's not going to be 1 or 2 tests, but I just wanted to point out that "more or less" is irrelevant if the actual incidence of testing is low.

So if Australia did 178 tests in the year, how many athletes does that cover? I genuinely have no idea, but work it out and think - if there's 60 athletes, that's an average of 3 tests per year. 3 days out of 365 - not only that, but add in your 2 free "strikes" and I feel like it's not as "watertight" as people would like to think.

I agree with the idea that testing "lessens" cheating, rather than stopping it.

No I realise that, and I'm not speaking from experience. I'm speaking from what I've read from professionals' confessions.

First of all, the hide under the bed thing is for real. If you're "not" where you say you were going to be, you get a strike. Not only that but the WADA code also states that athletes have to be tested at certain times, etc. This then allows you more flexibility with what you actually use.

Second, I know it's not going to be 1 or 2 tests, but I just wanted to point out that "more or less" is irrelevant if the actual incidence of testing is low.

So if Australia did 178 tests in the year, how many athletes does that cover? I genuinely have no idea, but work it out and think - if there's 60 athletes, that's an average of 3 tests per year. 3 days out of 365 - not only that, but add in your 2 free "strikes" and I feel like it's not as "watertight" as people would like to think.

I agree with the idea that testing "lessens" cheating, rather than stopping it.

got a link to these confessions please?

Carl Lewis had a positive drug test for stimulants at the US Olympic trials back in 1988 leading to the Soul Olympic games, yet went on to claim the gold medal after the positive test of Ben Johnson in the 100m sprint finals. Wow, wait a sec! Why was he even competing at the Olympics?! One stutters whilst the other is a great ambassador for the sport of athletics. DO we live in a capitalist society where money talks and stutterers walk? Make up your own mind, I've made up mine!

The above was simply the smallest tip of a corrupt iceberg, where justice walks and money talks :mad:!

Last edited:
@gerry. The best confessions I can think of are Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton, David Millar and all of the affidavits from the Armstrong USADA case.

I say "best" because they blew the lid off some of the real intricacies of HOW they beat the system

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; - having competed in this sport yourself, what do you think of the above breakdown?
It seems dbol and winstrol (stana) are common but these don't really suit weightlifting in my opinion. Dbol puts on a lot of mass which can't be a good thing in a weightclass sport and winstrol I've heard is pretty harsh on the joints which wouldn't be too kind, either.

@Fadi ; - having competed in this sport yourself, what do you think of the above breakdown?
It seems dbol and winstrol (stana) are common but these don't really suit weightlifting in my opinion. Dbol puts on a lot of mass which can't be a good thing in a weightclass sport and winstrol I've heard is pretty harsh on the joints which wouldn't be too kind, either.

Dianabol is #1 hands down! As far as weight gain is concerned, this does not have to happen if you know how Dianabol works. Granted it's not for everyone, as there are much milder steroids (in comparison) to it and they are found in injectable testosterone. I did make mention of DHT once here, I personally have not tried it. Do your research on DHT, not a drug a bodybuilder would give a second look, but each to his sport!

Re Dianabol, I'm referring to the white Russian tablets of the 80s. What you have these days is not something I'm willing to accept as genuine Dianabol. This drug would take a maximum of between 2-3 days before it has your squat weight jump up by about 30 or so kilograms. Dramatic is the only word that comes to mind when one needs to describe it. Stanozol (as weightlifters used to say) is for sprinters, and a bit weak when it comes to sheer and brute strength increases. Speed without as much strength is its specialty, similar to Oxandrolone. Martial artists and sprinters yes, but not so much for weightlifting, where power reigns supreme. And as you know, power is made up of two elements, strength & speed in one.

Last edited:
Wingman, I forgot to add marihuana. I take it that would fall under cannabis (as per your list). That was used for recovery and relaxation.

Wingman, I forgot to add marihuana. I take it that would fall under cannabis (as per your list). That was used for recovery and relaxation.

And for getting the pre-requisite number of calories I bet ;)

It's amusing how 'other' was 62, seems odd to have a 'other' stat that high, especially when some of the named items on the chart were only 3 or 4 incidents.

And for getting the pre-requisite number of calories I bet ;)

It's amusing how 'other' was 62, seems odd to have a 'other' stat that high, especially when some of the named items on the chart were only 3 or 4 incidents.
Sorry I'm not following you here mate. What's this "other"?

Sorry I'm not following you here mate. What's this "other"?

On the chart that I linked above, it has all the items along the X axis. The far right one is Other. In the list below, it comprises what the Other includes.

On the chart that I linked above, it has all the items along the X axis. The far right one is Other. In the list below, it comprises what the Other includes.
Oh, I get it thanks! I'm surprised Tomoxifen (Nolvadex) was 1 when Dianabol was 100, as these two always tagged along together.

i could listen to this topic all day :)

what about halotestin [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; ?

Oh, I get it thanks! I'm surprised Tomoxifen (Nolvadex) was 1 when Dianabol was 100, as these two always tagged along together.

Don't you think it's quite a misleading chart layout? Since there's some others in the Other List that are 11+ incidents yet others on the main chart are with just a couple

im rapidly losing my faith in mankind.
UGT2B17. I don't mean to make you feel more disheartened with this whole corrupt system, but please do some research on this gene, what you may find may make you feel even more disappointed!