• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How often per week do you perform the 3 big lifts?

3-6. Squat 3x. Deadlift 3x. Bench/press 6x

Squat low bar.
Paused bench.
Close grip bench.

Deadlift.
Board bench.
Front or high bar squat.

Pin squats or wrapped squats.
Tng bench.
Some kind of overhead press.

Block pulls.
Long paused bench or incline.
Deficit deadlift.

Just the once per week for each lift for me, I am thinking for some good strength gains this isn't enough.....

MMMMM - currently squat maybe once, bench maybe twice, deadlift - zero - depends on the phase of training though.....could be anywhere from 1-6 depending on what I am focusing on....

at the moment i squat and bench twice a week , deadlift only once a week

I do full body workouts 3-4x per week. Those lifts are incorporated in each workout so... 3-4x per week for all 3 big lifts.

Twice. Once a week with light weight and high reps, and then again with heavy weight and less reps.

I'm 44 and not on juice so once every five days/ twice in ten days for squats if squatting heavy. I can squat once every three to four days with moderate loads. For heavy benching, about twice in eight days. I don't Deadlift often but when doing a training block with deads in it, I guess it would be once every five days.

I follow Hatfield's advice on the recovery time needed for various muscle groups when training for limit strength.

I just manage fatigue through volume. If not recovering well, less volume the following session. If recovering very well, more volume. No juice here either.

At least once a week, sometimes two depending on my work shedule

Even with my Crossfit program I'm squating 2x a week without adding in the squat movement in cleans and snatches, bench is usually once a week and deadlifts are usually weekly but have been having lower back pains so have been skipping them lately, next year I'll try and hit them all 2x a week

squat: (only with SSB and twice per week now as long as the back continues to be happy about it, otherwise, back to BSS)
bench: 0, one arm DB bench 3-4x
deadlift: 3x (reducing to 2x as load increases)