• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I remain 186.5cm.

Weight - would like to be under 10%, which will probably mean I will have to be 86-87kg at most.

Ideally, if I was young again, 6% at 90kg.

After being 6% for a bit earlier this year, I will say FARK THAT! Yeah, you are crazy lean and all but feel massively lethargic, weak as piss, some guys have libido issues, possible/probably other hormonal issues. Unless you are won the genetic lottery or are on serious gear, it is not sustainable/ a good idea IMO

After being 6% for a bit earlier this year, I will say FARK THAT! Yeah, you are crazy lean and all but feel massively lethargic, weak as piss, some guys have libido issues, possible/probably other hormonal issues. Unless you are won the genetic lottery or are on serious gear, it is not sustainable/ a good idea IMO

Very true. Not much point staying that lean for a long period of time. You also need to let weight go up a bit while training.

My ideal now is to have 3-4 kilo range to move up and down with until leaner and bigger.

At moment I am 90.5kg and feel weak as piss after losing 4 kilos of weight. Will now eat up for a week to see what happens.

I stop having my period when I am too lean. Better to be fat, happy and strong. Plus you need a big hammer to drive a long nail.

161cm - I reckon I'd be way happy at 65kg and whatever bf% that would equate to. Though I'd also be happy around 70

Not that I've been near a scale in like a year [emoji15]

193cm, currently 97kg,
I think I'd probably like to be at this weight but on stage, maybe a little heavier.
I think I'm about 15% body fat, some days I feel very lean others not so much.
My dream I think would be 100kg at 6% body fat, lol.
I'm thinking maybe 7 more years down the track?

Last edited:
186.5 cm tall; my ideal weight is about 88-90kg; will stay around this level and try to get leaner as long as my ageing body allows.

I'm 177cm, my weight when I was 20y/o was 75kg, at 40 I was 89kg
at 54, 84kg, im trying to get to 83kg, I've been trying to maintain strength and muscle and have been quite successful.

170cm and been sitting at a touch under 70kg for the last 4 weeks at around 8%. Feel the best I've ever felt. Don't break a sweat during cardio anymore, body weight exercises are a breeze, lifts are going up and don't feel bloated and lazy from eating too much. Feels like I can maintain this condition relatively easily as long as I don't eat anything stupid in large amounts.

Last edited:
170cm and been setting at a touch under 70kg for the last 4 weeks at around 8%. Feel the best I've ever felt. Don't break a sweat during cardio anymore, body weight exercises are a breeze, lifts are going up and don't feel bloated and lazy from eating too much. Feels like I can maintain this condition relatively easily as long as I don't eat anything stupid in large amounts.

Eating enough food is the hardest part, at 85kg for me, eating became a chore.

i think for an older person, whether it's muscle tissue or adipose it still places undue stress on the system.
fo me, to get back 80kg is wise.