• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Really. I eat meat and nuts to fill me up. Get to 500 calories of each and it's like you've consumed a cement.

Ive had to ban myself from getting nuts. I just can't stop eating them. I was downing a half kg bag before dinner. For the calories they are I don't find them filling at all.

I find I need a carb in their to help fill me up, rice, potatoes, pasta. Something like that.

1000 calories of potato is a lot more filling for me than a 1000 calories of nuts.

Wow some really tall people in this world

lol what's every body obsession with been shredded as f***???
i don't get it, never will
unless your doing a comp
why would you want to put your body under stress

whats every body obsession with calories??
where the good old days where eating was for your health

numbers don't matter
its the way the food break down
that's why they say fats carbs protein every meal
and with out carbs it's pointless

anyway just be happy
Enjoy life
balance

Obsession with calories. Because I like to eat a lot. If I just eat what I want I'll eat way too much and end up fat and I'd rather not be fat. Counting calories is the lie detector, forcing you to stick to your limit.

It can be yep.

I dont count that often any more.
Whole diet currently is Ad-lib. Though i do weigh myself every morning.......

Tim.

Obsession with calories. Because I like to eat a lot. If I just eat what I want I'll eat way too much and end up fat and I'd rather not be fat. Counting calories is the lie detector, forcing you to stick to your limitt
That's one way to look at it but it's not a healthy way to go about it,, in the psychological sense I mean.
Anyone who's been around long enough and I'm sure you have Bazza, should know how much and what to put in his pie hole without resorting to calorie counting.
Think about, you want to that all your life?

Last edited:
Obsession definition
an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

Going by that definition it is no where close to an obsession for me. Might be for others though.

Counting calories takes less than 5 minutes out of my day and that's the only time I think about it.

I look at it as a necessity for my long term health.

again, it comes down to choice, my co-author, a good bb seldom counts, but I will for rest of my life. I don't take much time doing so, because I know calories for food of top of my head. When I cook 200gm rice for family, half of which I eat, I know 350 calories and 5 gm of protein. same when I ocaasionally eat fast food chains. I just know what I am eating.

again, it comes down to choice, my co-author, a good bb seldom counts, but I will for rest of my life. I don't take much time doing so, because I know calories for food of top of my head. When I cook 200gm rice for family, half of which I eat, I know 350 calories and 5 gm of protein. same when I ocaasionally eat fast food chains. I just know what I am eating.

If I had a choice I wouldn't do it, some people don't have to. It works for me so i do it.

I actually like doing it. though I am weak and frail by past standards, I like to think I have control of my efforts to build muscle and lose fat.

And, as usual I deliver. While I dieted from 93 down to 88, and lost 10% of strength, now I am nearly back to what I was and 3kg lighter.

My aim is to get 130kg bench at a skinny 90kg; I cant see how I will do this if I do not count calories and merely hope for the best.

I actually like doing it. though I am weak and frail by past standards, I like to think I have control of my efforts to build muscle and lose fat.

And, as usual I deliver. While I dieted from 93 down to 88, and lost 10% of strength, now I am nearly back to what I was and 3kg lighter.

My aim is to get 130kg bench at a skinny 90kg; I cant see how I will do it if I don't count calories ad get control.

I'd rather just eat whatever I want and stay lean and strong but counting calories isn't hard or time consuming to do these days.

My aim is to get 130kg bench at a skinny 90kg; I cant see how I will do this if I do not count calories and merely hope for the best.
Thats quite a big performance drop. I dont generally expect any performance drop or real muscle loss losing that kind of weight in my experience. For someone already really lean probably something negative to come from it i guess. 18-20% bf down to say 14 or 15% i expect no decrease if done correctly.

My best weight cut i went from ~100 down to 93 and still gained on all lifts.
Dexa (for whats it worth) said 8kg fat decrease, 1kg LBM gain...

Tim.

mate, when you are 54 an already skinny, and doing a lot of cardio, it is pretty hard to keep all strength. You will find this out when you get older. I also made a conscious decision to get much fitter which hardly helps strength aims when dieting.

2011, dieted 3kg and my bench went up, but I was not doing any legs or cardio.

I don't think it's "choices" I think we all function differently.

just like out thoughts, how we we listen, build muscle, we all process this differently, we have no choice how we do this, it's the same how we process the food we eat, and the taste of it.

mate, when you are 54 an already skinny, and doing a lot of cardio, it is pretty hard to keep all strength. You will find this out when you get older.

2011, dieted 3kg and my bench went up, but I was not doing any legs or cardio.
Ahh see. More background helps haha.
For 54, you are fucking flying tbh.

Tim.

No and again and at some point in our lives we all need to measure how much we eat, some need to do it more often than others.

after 30 things start changing

yes, we are the way we are. I am intense in everything I do. if try to be less intense, I get very aggro.

Yes, with such an attitude i should have been better.