• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Tim, I have never been strong, as I used to tell students marvelling at my 135kg power clean.

my best ever clean bench is 147.5kg (tough and go without bouncing) at 98kg. I also did 137.5kg paused around that time.

My best bench at 90kg was 137.5kg.

So if i do 130kg at 90kg at 55 years, me think it will quite an achievement. Not because it is anything special, but because it will provide satisfaction in terms of myself achieving an aim. This is the beauty of physical achievement and goal-setting. We can all set goals and achieve, whether it be for bodyfat or lifting.

100%. Goal setting to me is almost as important as acheiving those goals.
I think for most people 130@90 is pretty decent anyway. At 55 and clean it is definitely even more special.

Tim.

Im already noticing that.... (33).

Tim.

Its not ideal, but it shouldn't change the way we view our workouts (if we've been smart) but we do need to start addressing what we actually stuff in our pie hole on a daily basis.

it starts to become easier to eat less while adding strength by 40 you're at your peak of potential development

Last edited:
I find i need to a fair bit less than even 5 years ago...i seem to be able to gain weight extraordinarily easy these days. Lol

Tim.

Start young, as young as 12.
the great thing about resistance work is that any type of it can produce changes dramatically within 3 months, it's just that good.

after that it's a real slog, give yourself 10 years to work out whatever works best for you.

This is why it vexes me when I see young dudes only stick at it for short spurts and continue to praise the method they use and can the ones that don't.

even after tens years of continual hard workouts the goal changes because we get older, Mother Nature no longer needs you to spread your gene so we start shutting down.

Nothing kills me more than hearing a new lifter say X program doesn't work. Do it for 12 months straight and as rx'd and then maybe - just maybe - you might have some kind of an opinion on it. Maybe.

Tim.