• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Crackdown on dodgy health claims made by H2Coco

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
A COCONUT water brand that radio heavyweight Kyle Sandilands part owns and model Lara Bingle endorsed has been caught making questionable health claims.

H2Coco has prompted a Consumer Affairs Victoria probe after being spruiked as “a complex blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti*oxidants, enzymes, health-*enhancing growth hormones and other phytonutrients”.
DIET SHOWDOWN: WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU?
PALEO DIET: WE TEST PALEO CLAIMS
When challenged to supply proof, the state watchdog says the business failed to substantiate the claims.
H2Coco Pty Ltd and director David Freeman acknow*ledged potentially misleading consumers “unintentionally”, and recently signed an *enforceable undertaking to abide by the law.
CAV detected the suspect health spiel on the company’s website and in a magazine promotion in February.
“As part of the Consumer Affairs health claims project, focused on alternative therapy and treatments, we took action to help protect consumers from misleading and false health promises,” CAV director Dr Claire Noone said.
300771-899a0d14-81c6-11e4-b7a3-5366c32c384a.jpg

Lara Bingle in an ad for the brand. Source: Supplied

H2Coco is part of the expanding coconut water craze.
It is sold nationally in supermarkets, Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and other outlets.
Sandilands has a stake in the fast-growing brand. Bingle launched the product in 2012.
The NSW-based firm’s amended website now dubs the product a “water of life” that “naturally rehydrates and restores wellbeing”.
“It’s an all-natural, fat-free, low-calorie health drink, packed with potassium,” the site reads.
Mr Freeman said: “We’re proud to be a leader in the market and 100 per cent believe in our much-loved product and what it represents.”
CAV said the undertaking commits to ensuring all product claims and representations are “correct, factual and able to be substantiated”.
Dietitian Melanie McGrice said for a fraction of the cost, people could get the same hydration and potassium benefits of coconut water from tap water and eating bananas or potatoes. “You are better off drinking tap water as it has less kilojoules,” she added.
Originally published as H2Coco’s ‘health’ claims are just loco

But tap water isn't magical like coconut water.....

'Dietitian Melanie McGrice said for a fraction of the cost, people could get the same hydration and potassium benefits of coconut water from tap water and eating bananas or potatoes. “You are better off drinking tap water as it has less kilojoules,” she added.'

brought some COCONUT water from coles as it was at a reduced price of $1 someting re: close to expiry , it tasted like crap

But do you feel the 'complex blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti*oxidants, enzymes, health-*enhancing growth hormones and other phytonutrients' surging through you?

But do you feel the 'complex blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti*oxidants, enzymes, health-*enhancing growth hormones and other phytonutrients' surging through you?
the only surge i felt , was the surge to take a piss

It's fuken though to get a good spiel on beverage advertising slogans these days, the law changed back in 2008 I think.
Which means you can still put shit like "one sip of this water will make your cock 1" longer" BUT you have to be able to prove it or get sued for misleading the public on a commercial scale.
we used to come up with some shit on our bottles, most never took it serious but you always get the one moron who'll scull a redbull, jump off a bridge and sue cos it didn't give him wings.
So now you see water with no big story printed on the back, no claims to be magic, no claims it is spring water, no claims for minerals, no claims for heath benefits.
Most brands don't even have diet on their flavour names any more, for fear cos some fat kunce sued Pepsi in the US for making him feel isolated and sad for having to order a diet drink insinuating he needed to be on a diet. Now it sugar free or light.

Funny but it seems to me that there are more magical slogans than ever on products these days, just worded more slyly/delicately to minimise court cases.

Funny but it seems to me that there are more magical slogans than ever on products these days, just worded more slyly/delicately to minimise court cases.

No, the opposite, its hard now, have to watch every word.

I don't mind it.

I remember hearing stories of my pop and his army buddies fighting in the pacific in WW2. If one of them was wounded and needed blood but they couldn't get back to base to the hospital, the medics would grab any coconuts they could find, cut them open and use the juice/water/milk/whatever it is as a temporary blood replacement. Apparently it is sterile and similar to blood or blood plasma (can't remember now) so it was enough to get a couple blokes back to camp and treated properly.

About time, sick of retards telling me coconut water is the chit. These companies can't stick to the facts - not good enough to have a "good" product, it's gotta be practical magical.

And no, I'm not talking about what legal eagles call "puff" (like [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; was saying). It's one thing to make tongue-in-cheek claims, it's another when they're actually trying to prey on morons

Last edited by a moderator:
After getting halfway through that article and thinking about it for a bit, I have decided that I would dingle Bingle