• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

True Protein PRE and POST

White_Lie

Look at Moi, I'm a Kunce
Thought i'd start up a new thread for True Protein's new TRUE-PRE and TRUE-POST workout forumlas. Anyone feel free to add your reviews here as well.
First up, big props to @JUST.BLAISE ; for throwing out the free samples. Much appreciated!

2r3jpya.jpg

Taste - 7/10
Certainly not the worst pre workout I've tasted but not the best either. Good coconut flavour, couldn't really taste the apple but it's definitely sour. Not sure if it's the amino's but it did leave a somewhat unpleasant taste in my mouth. Probably bearable but I did chase it down with a cup of water. I did 25g (on the scale) and 300ml of water. Will try 400ml of water tomorrow.
Mixability - 10/10
Straight forward, no lumps. Nuff said
Energy/Focus - 9/10
One of the better pre-workouts I've had recently. Didn't feel like going to the gym today so had big expectations of the product and it delivered. Plenty of energy, focus and drive in the gym. Prefer this to the recent AMP derived products that I've been having lately. Little to no crash.
Pump - 9/10
Had minimal carbs the day before training so really put this thru it's paces. Delivered the goods yet again.

Will definitely continue to use the product, it's got all the good gear and seems to deliver results for someone that is used to plenty of stims. Should get an indication of tolerance by the end of the pack (20 serves).

Only other thing that I will say (and it was mentioned in the other thread) is the scoop size. Ideally if the serving size 25g, the scoop should be 25g. Bit hard for portion control to get an accurate half scoop everytime. I believe this will be addressed in time?

2hq49j7.jpg

Taste - 7/10
Not a patch on the regular True Protein NZ WPI. Has a somewhat sour taste, which may be carry over from the processing equipment? Certainly drinkable in water, not sure it would be pleasant in milk unless the later batches remove the sourness.
Mixability - 10/10
Again, no lumps, nothing left stuck to the shaker.
Value for money - 8/10
$3.50 per serve (regular pricing) is on the expensive side but you are getting 28g of protein from WPI, 6g of BCAA, 2.5g creatine, plus Beta Alanine, Glutamine, ALCAR, Taurine.
Seems to be a good blend of all the good gear, excellent value at the intro price of $34.90 ($2.50/serve).

All in all, both pretty good products IMO and if you're having both, it does away with the need for a lot of products some people would probably have separately - You end up getting 28g WPI, 12g BCAA, 5g Creatine, 2g ALCAR, 2g Taurine, 3.6g Beta Alanine, 7.8g Glutamine etc.

Last edited:
Been using this stuff all week. I probably won't do my review until 2 full weeks of training on it to really notice the effects. Will also give me something to do on the flight to Vietnam.

Don't like the sound of the post workout, massive rip off of epic proportions.

You are paying $49 per kilo yet the largest ingredient is just pure sugar!!!! You get about 80 cents worth of sugar for your $49 and you only get 392 grams of protein (about $10-14 worth depending where you buy it from), in the whole pack. 2.5 grams or creatine per serve or 35 grams in the whole pack, considering the pharmaceutical grade pure creatine retails for $19 per kilo means that the whole pack contains 28 cents worth of creatine and not even an effective dosage per serve. As a matter of fact there is more sugar in that shake that any other ingredient and not much behind a can of soft drink

Plus it does not add up to an 80 gram serving, there are only 73 grams of ingredients listed per serve so what is the rest??

PS I have based my cost of $49 on the fact that the review said $3.50 per serving and there are 14 servings on the pack. So 3.5 x 14=49.

Considering that all ingredients cost a retail of about $12-15 (depending where you source them) not a bad profit margin for mixing a heap of sugar with a little protein and selling it off as a post workout shake:p

Last edited:
Been using this stuff all week. I probably won't do my review until 2 full weeks of training on it to really notice the effects.

What effects are you expecting?? A bit of diabetes, or a dental visit?? It's only sugar it will take a while, the rest is a bit of protein, will do nothing a piece of chicken or steak won't do.

There will be flavouring (cocoa) in that 80g as well [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION] ; Not sure what else, that's off the top of my head.
Pretty sure it's $49.90 full price on the website, like I said, on the expensive side but it is designed as a combo type deal with the True-Pre to get full doses of everything. No doubt you could do it cheaper if you bought a kilo of WPI along with everything else. You're definitely paying for the convenience factor.

Correct…forgot about the flavouring and it's chocolate flavour, which usually takes a larger percentage.

It's basically a mass gainer and there for should be cheaper than just pure protein not more expensive.

Just my personal opinion obviously.

In comparison, the same NZ WPI is $52.90 for a kilo.

You get 1.12kg of True-Post for $49.90 but the servings are a lot bigger so less per package. Currently on sale for $34.90

Still seems very expensive for what you get in that 1.12kg, the servings are not really any bigger they are 31 grams of pure sugar

Still only 392 grams of protein, 32 grams of Creatine and 84 grams of BCAA's the rest is sugar in 1.12kg.

I can see the convenience side of things but you are paying very heavily for it.

What effects are you expecting?? A bit of diabetes, or a dental visit?? It's only sugar it will take a while, the rest is a bit of protein, will do nothing a piece of chicken or steak won't do.

These samples have far more BCAAs than I was taking before. They also have glutamine that I had run out of and I do actually feel helps with recovery. Plus all pre workouts have different effects on people.

My post workout shake was just a WPI/WPC blend, no dextrose or post workout carbs, hence no insulin spiking. A pure WPI is going to digest better and absorb faster. Some protein powders can make people feel bloated.

Lol diabetes. I suppose I'm going to get liver damage as well from the excess protein. Can't exceed that 63g of protein as recommended by the AIS.

Last edited:
You can take as much BCCA's as you feel is necessary. I don't think there's is an international standard serving size.

Just curious, if each serve of this product contains 6g of BCAAs, what product or under what circumstance would a serving of BCAAs be 5g or less?

I had pure BCAAs I was adding to my pre workout. I was adding 5g a serve.

Normal serve of something like Xtend is 7g, so I guess you could have one of these products and get enough. Personally like to have at least 10g, not really sure why...

Just smashed chest and tri's. True-Pre was awesome. Plenty of energy where I had very little carbs yesterday/this morning and a shite sleep last night.
Don't feel fatigued at all after 90 mins in the gym where the usual AMP products are making me yawn an hour after consumption.

Will definitely be using this as a staple preworkout after this pack is gone. Jury is still out on the True-Post.

@White_Lie Thanks for the review mate, appreciate you taking the time to put this up and I think it's a fair analysis, glad to hear you're liking the True PRE and we'll take your comments on board re the POST. As I've said before it's a first production run and we'll continue to tweak it and make adjustments.

As far as BCAA's go I think the blend is coming under a bit of unnecessary heat, There's 6g in the PRE and 6g in the POST which is a total of 12g, and if you want more you can buy our BCAA 4:1:1 and top it up with more.

@BigMick I'm really surprised by your comments. When it comes to pricing we try and stay as competitive as possible and with a blend like this I think you're probably underestimating the costs involved. Yes you're correct that Dextrose is a cheap ingredient but everything else is pretty expensive. NZ WPI and BCAA's especially cost a lot. On top of that the cost of blending it, and using high quality ingredients like Stevia and Natural Cocoa for the flavouring all increase the final unit price. We never set out to be the cheapest and develop our range with quality in mind and developing supplements that are effective. Dextrose is included for it's use as a functional way of spiking insulin to help absorption and quickly replenishing glycogen levels, and we felt it was a core part of what people need in an all in one post workout blend.