• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

True Protein PRE and POST

I feel like a shower after reading that. ...
We have more (10 to 1 in fact) bacterial cells within/on us, than human cells, and that's a fact. We're talking trillions of cells here. Equipped with this knowledge, I wanna insure my good bacteria far outweighs my bad ones at any given time.

Last edited:
So how do we improve our gut function to make the most of what we're consuming Fadi? "Healthy bacteria", yakult, yoghurt and the like?
And how do we know when it's working at its most efficient?

Btw, great to see you back and posting again Fadi. I have always enjoyed reading your posts, very insightful and nearly always offer a different point of view to the norm

So how do we improve our gut function to make the most of what we're consuming Fadi? "Healthy bacteria", yakult, yoghurt and the like?
And how do we know when it's working at its most efficient?

Btw, great to see you back and posting again Fadi. I have always enjoyed reading your posts, very insightful and nearly always offer a different point of view to the norm

Firstly, thank you very much for your post, and secondly, please forgive me for unintentionally hijacking the topic of this (your) thread sir.

To delve even deeper and deeper into yet another dimension (by really looking outside the box), I offer you this very short 1 minute or so video clip by Dr Greger. You see, even though you were 100% correct regarding the eating of probiotic foods in order to increase our friendly gut flora, we don't actually have to do that. In fact, fibre (yes fibre), provides us with what we (the 90% of us) really need. I'm very much fascinated by the subject of bacteriology and the way these invisible to the eye living breathing eating pooping single cell living organism work.

You know, you asked me a very profound question, I'm not sure if you realised it. You asked me as to how do we know when we are basically doing the right thing by our microbiome? Well, I answer you by asking you a simple question: how do you feel today? How's your mood? How's your cravings? What type of foods are you craving? So many tell tale signs and messages our little dynamic friends are constantly sending us if we but paid some closer attention to what they want. Have you ever paced up and down through your kitchen looking for something sweet to eat? If so, why do you think this has occurred? The answer? Well, the majority would start looking at what has been the blatant obvious, "uh hu, his blood sugar level must be low and his body is sending him a message to eat in order to elevate it back to normal. Really!! I think not. And why not? Because whenever we crave and nearly go on a "hunt" for something sweet, an apple or a carrot would be the last thing on our mind. There's another mind (make that few trillion minds) screaming from deep within our intestines for (you guessed it) ...sugar! Mmmm, and who might these trillion critters be? Well, they would be the nasty ones, you may have heard others call them by their real name: candida albicans. Now these bacteria is not some foreign entity that has dropped from Mars, no. These, in low and normal numbers, are part and parcel of a healthy and normal gut flora, amongst other places in our body. Ok great, so what's the deal here and why has this particular type of bacteria gotten a bad rap lately (since the last century). Again, sugar and processed food such as white flower/yeast and all products made from it, not to mention the lack of fibre these junk foods usually come with. So back to your mood and your hunt for junky sugary processed food...Yehp,..Mr and Mrs Candida are starving and are playing with your human brain telling it who's boss! So please don't kick yourself by thinking you just don't have a strong will power to stay away from those tempting sugary white flour made junky food,...it's not you, it's them (your army [literally] of candida colony) going on a march/hunt for food, their preferred type of food...junk!

Knowing and being aware of the above real situation, you are now in a much better (not to mention stronger) position to deal with the real issue that is driving you into bad health, overweight, moodiness etc etc.

I shall leave it here for now... I thank you for your time.

Oops, one last thing before I go...butyric acid that the good doctor made mention of in the video, is to be found in abundance in two amazingly stable fats your heart and mind would just love to eat: these are namely butter and ghee. I was brought up on ghee. Ghee is simply clarified butter, where the water and that bit of milk solid non fat has been removed, and what we are left with is pure fat of the highest and most stable quality...food that your trillions of good bacteria just adore to munch on :)!

Last edited:
@Jungman, thanks for the review mate, good content and comedy factor. We'll be working on the feedback from this and other reviews in 2015, do you think you'll stick with the non stim or give the Caffeine one a go in the future?

@Jungman, thanks for the review mate, good content and comedy factor. We'll be working on the feedback from this and other reviews in 2015, do you think you'll stick with the non stim or give the Caffeine one a go in the future?

I'll definitely like to stick with the non stim version because I have now learned that stim has little to no impact upon my performance, it's the other components that matter. Stims make me feel twacked but that's what weekends are for. :D

True Protein Pre and Post Review;

Thanks to [MENTION=17550]JUST.BLAISE[/MENTION]; for the opportunity to sample these 2 products.

Pre:

*Effects: I got nice boost in energy without anything outrageous or mind blowing. Didn't really notice any significant pumps but I get pumps with or without supplements.
*Side-effects:
None whatsoever. No crash to jitters.
* Taste:
I quite likes the taste albeit a tad sour. I rectified this by adding 2gm of Watermelon flavoured BCAA that I had and used 600ml water. This made it real good. The flavour does need a little tweaking and It's better than most horribly sweet Pre Workouts on the market, but like I said just a little tweak and it should be fine.
*Mixability:
Excellent
* Price:
As Steve P said around $2 per serve for 25gm serving is fairly good value.
* Source -
T.P
* Thoughts:
One suggestion I'd like to make is too remove the creatine. Creatine Mono-hydrate is fairly cheap and needs to be taken everyday to maintain peak levels but this Pre and Post are only required on workout days meaning one would have to buy a separate creatine mono-hydrate product to take on non-workout days and some people are non-responders and don't want creatine like myself, this would also keep the price down a tough and reduce the serving size.Overall a very good Pre -Workout without crappy fillers or harsh stims even though I'm partial to a strong stim ;) 8.5/10

*Effects: Not really taken for any effects. A long term trial would be required.
*Side-effects:
None. Didn't get any stomach discomfort or bloating. excellent.
* Taste:
Awesome taste. Don't change it. 9/10
*Mixability:
Mixes very well in a shaker bottle without clumping. Excellent.
* Price:
A tad pricey but considering the range of ingredients and time saving it's not too bad. probably need more servings per bag. also removing the creatine (as per reasons stated in Pre review) would make it a bit cheaper.
* Source -
T.P
* Thoughts:
Been a while since I used a post workout shake with dextrose or any carbohydrate. I like the idea of this as i can drink it while I walk home from the gym knowing I can then wait a while to eat. I never really got into the whole insulin spiking thing post workout but will continue to use and see if any positive results occur while maintaning the same diet. Overall a nice product. 8/10

Thanks @Shrek for the feedback - fair comments with the creatine it definitely works best when you saturate on training and non training days so you would need an extra bag for that. It's a tough one I personally have always used creatine as a staple on training days so feel it would be tough to leave out.

Quick heads up for people following this thread, we're doing 20% of 15 Bestsellers, PRE and POST included as well as proteins and amino's so fill your boots. Just launched today at 12.
Protein, Sports Nutrition & More! | True Protein

Creatine is cheap as chips anyway, so grab another bag, or two... or three. And sprinkle it on top of your ice cream if you need to.

Wow, the 20% off is such an unexpected pleasant surprise, I haven't had one of those since walking into (what I thought) was an unlocked toilet cubicle in the chicks toilets at a club at NYE. I'm placing an order right away! Cheers JUST.BLAISE;

Pre:

Effects: A really good buzz, I did have just over a suggested serve though. Good buzz, lasting energy, and also during a cut I do believe it kept my strength up - my strength has only dipped slightly during the cut while using this product...normally I am struggling to keep strength in check this deep into a cut.

Side-effects: None at all, did not have any sort of crash, no stomach issues etc

Taste: Alright I do believe it is a little too sour, I think adding a little bit more sweetness would make the world of difference - I do like the sour taste - but maybe just a tad over-powering - saying that the taste of this sort of product shouldn't come into play to much....

Mixability: Excellent

Profile: I really like the breakdown of the ingredients in this product, has a good mix of some solid, basic/no bullshit ingredients - and better yet no f**king "Property/etc blends"

Thoughts: All in all I really like this product, I will def be purchasing - It gives you a good buzz - not too intense like other products just good long lasting energy, no crash at all, and as mentioned kept my strength from dropping like it normally does while I am cutting. I would strongly suggest people try this product - a solid 8.5/10

Nice one [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION];! Straight to the point, magnifico.

Can someone a bit smarter than me decipher the science speak below and do a comparison between True's PRE blend with ingredients as follows:

BL-PRE-ACC-500.jpg

...With BN's Preworkout Powder? Note that I have chosen for both the non stim version.

Nutritional Information

Pre Workout Powder
Per 100g
Per Serve
Energy (kj)
Protein (g)
Carbohydrates (g)
(sugars) (g)
Fats (g)
(saturated) (g)
Sodium (mg)
Citrulline Malate (mg)
AAKG (mg)
Beta Alanine (mg)
Creatine tri Malate (mg)

I think True's one is more effective (based on anecdotal experience) and I suppose at twice the dose of BN's one that partially explains it but just wanted to know the fundamental differences (if any) between the two. eg is the AAKG in BCAA?

Nice one @Rugby88 ;! Straight to the point, magnifico.

Can someone a bit smarter than me decipher the science speak below and do a comparison between True's PRE blend with ingredients as follows:

BL-PRE-ACC-500.jpg

...With BN's Preworkout Powder? Note that I have chosen for both the non stim version.

Nutritional Information

Pre Workout Powder Per 100g Per Serve
Energy (kj)
Protein (g)
Carbohydrates (g)
(sugars) (g)
Fats (g)
(saturated) (g)
Sodium (mg)
Citrulline Malate (mg)
AAKG (mg)
Beta Alanine (mg)
Creatine tri Malate (mg)

I think True's one is more effective (based on anecdotal experience) and I suppose at twice the dose of BN's one that partially explains it but just wanted to know the fundamental differences (if any) between the two. eg is the AAKG in BCAA?

Here is a very basic review of ingredients. You're also correct, True PRE would be far more effective as it is a much higher dose.

AAKG is for the pump it works synergistically with Citrulline Malate.
Beta Alanine is for resistance against fatigue mainly.
And creatine is basically for the strength, etc.
Acetyl L-Cartinine and L-Tyrosine are mainly focus/mood enhancement.
Bio Perine increased bio availability (aka the effects)

Glutamine,
Taurine,
Betaine,

Last edited: