• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I would thinking more some like

Day1 - Full Body
Day 2 - Full Body
Day 3 - Full Body
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Full Body
Day 6 - Full Body
Day 7 - Full Body

OR

Day1 - Legs
Day 2 - Chest/Shoulders
Day 3 - Back
Day 4 - Rest
Day 5 - Legs
Day 6 - Chest/Shoulders
Day 7 - Back

^^^ This would be the way to go, and eat plenty and rest plenty.

Full body means you can do different exercises every day. May be do one big lift and several smaller ones, so every day will be full body, but every day will be different. Can even train twice a day may be squats AM every second day, Dead Lifts AM ever second day, the upper body PM every second day, arms PM every second day with one big upper body lift. Or one heavy session or one light high rep session for legs etc etc

Break it up as you like, may be squat twice a week, use leg machines twice a week, bench twice a week etc etc you can still train arms a few times a week.

There are millions of options and variations, they will all work as long as you train hard, lift heavy, keep adding weight, and rest and eat.

mmmmmmmm…to be 16 again…...:D

Last edited:
Train as much as humanly possible and eat as much as humanly possible.....this will be the best time to gain size....make the most of it....3 days a week at 16 is for pussys...

great way to fry about every hormone that makes you feel human. but go ahead.

live and learn.

totally depends on what you put into the training.

and i think this isn't said enough...

if you train correctly, with a real mind muscle connection, and work every muscle, how can you train that much??? its a clear mis-understanding of how muscle grows.

the people i always see in the gym, every session, those people never change, they always look the same.

do you realise thats what happens? its a trap son... get some real knowledge in your head, don't give a shit what others say, and dictate what YOUR BODY NEEDS.

you determine how many training sessions you need, listen to the body, do it when it wants it and back off when its not happy. this is the key to being a bodybuilder.

but live and learn

Train as much as humanly possible and eat as much as humanly possible.....this will be the best time to gain size....make the most of it....3 days a week at 16 is for pussys...

Yep. This

Train like CT suggests and you will end up like CT. A whole 65kg of useless.

some dont understand how training works. sounds like MOST people have no idea.

again, im trying to help, not my problem.

Get cheap/good food sources - when I was your age I was eating alot of -

- Homebrand oats
- Homebrand Pasta
- Homebrand milk powder
- Cheap rice
- Mince (just normal - didn't bother about 5 star)
- Kangaroo mince - used to eat this like crazy - not sure how cheap now
- Cheap bags of mix veggies
- Peanut Butter
- Honey
- Milk
- Banana's
- Whatever mum/dad made for dinner I ate a shit load of it
- If you have a part-time job, or your mum/dad will chip in OR even better pay for it (haha) - get some WPC - Bulk Nutrients/True Protein you can get a heap for cheap

- Alot of the time I would just make HUGE Pasta and Rice dishes and just eat them over afew days mixed with acouple big protein shakes

I was lucky as a young kid that my parents bought me protein powder and things like that as it was for my Rugby but of course led into my weight training....

A basic diet for me back then looked like -

Meal 1 -

- 400ml milk
- Oats
- Honey
- Banana
- Peanut butter
- Protein Powder

**** All Blended together

Meal 2 - (Recess)

- Fruit
- Maybe a home made "protein bar" - oats/honey/peanut butter/protein powder

Meal 3 - (Lunch)

Heap of rice or pasta
Meat (mince, kangaroo, maybe chicken or "real" steak)
Veggies
Pasta sauce

Meal 4 - (Dinner)

- Generally whatever was for dinner - but I cooked pretty much most of my meals from the age of 14-15
- Normally some form of protein/Meat, veggies, maybe potato, rice, pasta

Meal 5 -

Maybe abit more milk, some ice-cream

In regards to training - yes your nutrition has to be good to good i.e eating enough to train that much - but at your age - just TRAIN and TRAIN HARD - these are the years you will gain your most size - MAKE THE MOST OF IT. Please don't just do the normal thing and eat nothing for breakfast, pack of chips at recess, Vegemite sandwich at lunch and then macca's for dinner.....take time with planning your training, but also think about what your eating....but still live your life and have fun....

Gain my friend.....GAINNNNNNN

P.S the information I provide is simple advising of what I did and what I know others did that worked....I am not saying follow it to the letter or anything of the sort - simply giving you my experience and take from it what you will....

Merry Lifting.

Please don't just do the normal thing and eat nothing for breakfast, pack of chips at recess, Vegemite sandwich at lunch and then macca's for dinner.....

I find it amazing how many people (not just kids) actually eat like this and then constantly whinge about how shit they feel! And wonder why after year of training they still have spaghetti arms.

I find it amazing how many people (not just kids) actually eat like this and then constantly whinge about how shit they feel! And wonder why after year of training they still have spaghetti arms.

Yep...silly silly!

6 days a week?
Hey guys I'm 16 years old and have been doing gym for about a year now. The holidays are coming up and I'm thinking about working out 6 days a week to look a bit better for next year, should I do this?
Thanks!
Had you said, I'm 16 and would like to know if I should train 6 days a week? My reply to you in a word would be no. Not because it can't be done, but rather because there may be better and smarter ways to train, at 16, and at an older age.

However you did qualify your question in at least two ways. The first been the time factor, being the school holidays, which is roughly an 8 weeks period, and the second thing was that you just wish to look "a bit better". And perhaps the third qualification being 16 years young. I'd say you've got a lot to learn through the experience you would go through yourself , instead of simply following what others may or may not dictate to you.

So now my reply to you is yes, go ahead and experience the high frequency style of training that is 6 days per week. The short period of time won't kill you, on the contrary, you may learn something, and hence, be in a better position to answer that question for your own self next time round.

Had you asked whether at 16 (or older), if you should train 6 days a week with no definite time of how long this type of frequency would take, I would have said there are more than simply your muscle fibres that you would need to take into consideration when it comes to recovery and growth. Here, I'm referring to your systemic bodily exhaustion and recovery, and not some individual muscle or even some muscle group. Furthermore, choosing the sport of bodybuilding (instead of Olympic weightlifting), many if any a bodybuilder ever pays attention to the periodisation system, where by its simple virtue, would save your CNS from frying.

I'll leave it here for now, and wish you a time where experience would be gained over these 8 weeks or so period of time,...all the best.

6 days a week of training is too much esp for the young ones.. 2-4 days a week is normal and just right :) though there was a time i did that too during the days i was so excited to go to then gym cause i was new :D relax your muscles and have it recuperate too lol

some dont understand how training works. sounds like MOST people have no idea.

again, im trying to help, not my problem.

If trying to help can you please portray some evidence or proof ?

Or at least a theory behind your reasoning, otherwise nobody is going to take your opinion whole heartedly lol

6 days a week of training is too much esp for the young ones.. 2-4 days a week is normal and just right :) though there was a time i did that too during the days i was so excited to go to then gym cause i was new :D relax your muscles and have it recuperate too lol
Make my best progress training 6 days a week. Not so much of a spring chicken but not old either