• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats Issues???

i wouldnt worry about squatting for now.get yourself right and then ease yourself into it.ive only had knee trouble once for a few weeks and thats because i thought i was kirk karwoski and went for a rep that i shouldnt of.
better to stay within limits when training.

try some stretching of the hammies and glutes, maybe some foam rolling of glutes as well, found this really helped with flexmability and mobility of squatting lower without the lower back tension

Thanks Neddysmith for your advice. I will try out as per your suggestion.

I thought I'll bring up this thread rather than start a new one. As some ppl know I have patellar tendinitis and squatting/dead lifting is a bit of an issue. After reading a lot and seeing what others have done, I decided to do some glute activation exercises. Now I haven't squatted in a while because it's too painful on the knee. I was always adamant my glutes weren't firing and apparently if you don't use it properly, they have a tendency to stay asleep even whilst running and so on.
Basically I decided to do some glute activation exercises which included the glute bridge off the floor, fire hydrant, donkey kick back, 2 sets by 10 of each and I tell you what, it works wonders. After I did that, I went over to the rack and eased my way up to 60 kg squat with some knee pain but it was much more bearable than beforehand. So basically I want to keep continuing the glute activation exercises and try practicing the goblet squat along with some stretches just to get to the parallel mark comfortably.

i just thought I'll write that up in case others had similar problems and you may give this a go.

And stretch your quads if you've got knee pain, it's one of the first things sports physios work on when you approach them with dicky knees.