• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
R

RyantoCut

Quick questions:

Whats the difference between taking all aminos and just BCAAs?

Has anyone ever tried Tribustol?

Do any of you guys know a cheap alternative to Lipo 6? Tried it, loved it, but its far too expensive.

Different amino acids do slightly different things, but all tend to contribute to building muscle so basically if you take a mix, say BCAAs with arginine and lysine, better lean muscle mass development will follow as opposed to just BCAAs.

One method that seems to be working really well that I have just been reading up on (and the reason for me only mentioning the ones above) is taking arginine with some lysine in the morning on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before eating. Then take your creatine and BCAAs and protein or whatever stack you are using after your session.

Main thing is a healthy diet though, otherwise the effects of supplements are reduced.

Also, taking ALL amino acids is pretty pointless. Like protein, your body can only process some much per day. And all amino acids are absorbed the same way, so to simplify things, the amino acids are competing with each to get into your body. The best thing to do is to narrow it down to a small batch you think are best for you and use them for 2 months, then have a month off, then try some different ones for 2 months etc etc, cycling like this is good also is it gives your kidneys and liver etc some time off to keep up with all the extra substances they have to filter/process.

If you do hit the substances hard make sure you drink HEAPS of water 3-4 Litres a day. At first you will be pissing heaps (especially with certain aminos as a few boost your urea cycle) but after 2-3 weeks your body adapts to it.

RyantoCut,

Lipo 6 is great, however i've found Dymatize extreme burn or Super Cuts 3 with an additional caffeine drink prior to workouts does the trick. NoXplode and Cellmass type drinks also give a bit extra, but i'm not sure if it's a 'placebo' effect or it actually works. Not sure if it's legal in Oz, but Yohimbine HCL goes great with any fat burner, which happens to be a key ingredient in Lipo 6.

I'm heading back to Sydney next week, after a long absence. Any info on the best place to get supps. in Sydney?

Cheers

Haha.. I'm with Darkoz on this one..

Who the hell is bumping this old crap? If you're gonna bump an old thread, bump the drinking while on AUSBB one at least...