• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Programs?

A

ayush.lal.96

Hey guys I'm 16 years old and have been powerlifting for about 5 months now. I weigh about 68ishkg.
my current lifts are:
deadlift- 140kg
Squat: 100kg
bench: 70kg
do you guys know any good free powerlifting programs? I would love to follow a routine thanks!

What have you been doing for the last 5 months?

Look in to 5/3/1 or BBB, 5x5, Phat etc
I've been doing random numbers every week. Some weeks it will be 5x5, heavy doubles and triples and very rarely heavy singles

Look into reactive training systems by mike t. Not sure how well you would be at guaging effort though.

Undulating every week is a good thing to do (which is what you are doing). Is the weight getting heavier every time you do each rep group?

Also, to white_lie, what is Phat?
531 and bbb are the same thing. 531 is the program, bbb is the assisstance protocol.

Seeing that you are still in the beginner phase (and doing very well too mate!), id keep it simple and ride those newbie gains.

PTC beginners program would be my pick. Or even starting strength. I wouldnt use 531 just yet personally, not that its a bad program.
Get those lifts to 140/100/180 (squat/bench/deadlift) and then look at something like that (maybe).

There is a good thread on the forum somehwere about the PTC program.

In saying all that, remember a program written by someone else is just a guide. A template. And it seems like your own little guide is already starting to come together (assumimg you are progressing with this menthod).

Look into reactive training systems by mike t. Not sure how well you would be at guaging effort though.

Undulating every week is a good thing to do (which is what you are doing). Is the weight getting heavier every time you do each rep group?

Also, to white_lie, what is Phat?
531 and bbb are the same thing. 531 is the program, bbb is the assisstance protocol.

Seeing that you are still in the beginner phase (and doing very well too mate!), id keep it simple and ride those newbie gains.

PTC beginners program would be my pick. Or even starting strength. I wouldnt use 531 just yet personally, not that its a bad program.
Get those lifts to 140/100/180 (squat/bench/deadlift) and then look at something like that (maybe).

There is a good thread on the forum somehwere about the PTC program.

In saying all that, remember a program written by someone else is just a guide. A template. And it seems like your own little guide is already starting to come together (assumimg you are progressing with this menthod).
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Very much appreciated. By the way, where do you find the "PTC beginners program?"