• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Davepuppies

Puppy Kunce
After many years of heavy pressing, and not enough equal pulling back work, I have tight pecs and front delts, and they pulling forward.

I have dominant upper traps.

i have started training my back differently, but was after some specific stretches, and mobility movements to help my rear delts and upper back pull back.

i have recently bought some bands, as I understand a lot of this work is done with them.

cheers

I would do a heap of rows. My preferred is seated cable rows and chest supported rows. Also chins and deadlifts.

Last edited:
Rows and pull ups. I've found that if you rep out with an underhand row, you'll feel it in your lower traps/middle back.

^I like like what Barry is suggesting.
Also consider full-body routines for 6 months working the larger muscles first.

Squat pull push, as opposed to Squat push pull, using farmer's as a finishing exercise...keep the push in there, just focus on evening up the strength around the joint.

Already doing all of the above, minus the full body workouts.

i have got the major muscle groups covered, just was hoping for some con current release stretches for front delt/pec and mobility stuff.

my back workout is mostly rowing based movements with varying grips etc, then pull downs (too heavy to do chins at moment) then either rack pulls or reads to finish.

i see a few guys in my gym doing scapula contraction work between sets of chest with bands, and I want to try this as it will help me set my scapula for the pressing movement. Whilst I am big, I have always had technically poor form/ technique.

i also want to improve all of the stabiliser muscles around the shoulder.

has anyone had this particular issue?

Farmers walks are just a good all round posture corrector.

Is this walking with heavy weights in each hand?

i guess you need to focus on shoulders back and down?

i
had previously used these for traps and forearms (as I had poor form and structure)

So there is no value in releasing tight pecs and front delts?

makes sense to me to contract the rear muscles more, and progressively increase strength, whilst allowing pecs and shoulders to pull back through stretching and lengthening the fibres?

have I misunderstood something?

Have ver you guys experienced this yourself?

Doing the rowing type exercise with perform a better type of stretch than any static stretching will as well as strengthen the neglected muscles.

It's obviously taken many years to develop these muscle imbalances don't expect them to be fixed in a few weeks.

That's is very true Bazza. Just thought some stretching through the week would help as I am only hitting back once per week.

maybe I could train it twice, haven't done that since I was using "special" supplements.

That's is very true Bazza. Just thought some stretching through the week would help as I am only hitting back once per week.

maybe I could train it twice, haven't done that since I was using "special" supplements.

Time that you were planning on stretching do some more rows. Don't need vitamin s to train a muscle twice a week. Good luck with it.

One of the biggest things I regret of my "lifting life" is not doing more stretches, and mobility work - I think long term its one of the most important things you can do.

One of the biggest things I regret of my "lifting life" is not doing more stretches, and mobility work - I think long term its one of the most important things you can do.

And the older you get, the more apparent this becomes.

And the older you get, the more apparent this becomes.

Yep it is a must! I should really do more - if your not lifting heavy, with any real intensity then maybe you could get away with not doing it....def if your focusing on deads, squats, bench etc then flexabilty plays a huge role.

Yep it is a must! I should really do more - if your not lifting heavy, with any real intensity then maybe you could get away with not doing it....def if your focusing on deads, squats, bench etc then flexabilty plays a huge role.

No

It has nothing to do with "intensity of work" or lifting heavy.

If you are doing an exercise using a limited range of motion you are not improving flexibility