• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oceania & Asian Raw & Equipped Powerlifting Championships 2014

WoodyAllen

Apparently, yes. I was in an email black hole so only just found out that I had made the cut. Seems that a lot of people missed out. Pretty sure it would be a better comp if they just cut out the equipped lifters. But that's just my opinion.

Should be a real hoot.

Apparently, yes. I was in an email black hole so only just found out that I had made the cut. Seems that a lot of people missed out. Pretty sure it would be a better comp if they just cut out the equipped lifters. But that's just my opinion.

Should be a real hoot.

Best of luck kunt.
Let us know how you go.

Should be a real hoot.

not a fan of equipped lifting?

not a fan of equipped lifting?

I am a raw lifter and probably will never lift equipped. But that does not mean I don't like equipped lifting. I just think it's a different sport. You train, prep and compete in a different manner. Its kinda like the difference between rugby union and league. Just different sports with a similar playing field.

So I'm not against it, I just think that if equipped and raw are run separately then at this comp there would be more room for raw lifters. World champs are run like that. District comps should be like that too.

6a00e5514d9da68834014e8ada485a970d-pi

Kelvin likes to downplay it but hes currently according to results gathered from the IPF website..numero uno in the m2 -120s.Im not sure what the world record for the deadlift in this category is,but im pretty sure he either holds it or is close to it.According to the nominations for this particular meet,the only thing that will beat Kelvin will be the hard openers he chooses.lol.
If he pulls to his potential,hes in for a chance of an open deadlift medal(im not quite sure if it crosses over tho?)at 57 yrs old,thats ridiculous.

Last edited:
i may have a crack at the current Aussie m1@83 squat record which stands at 210 kg however ive never lifted at this bw before and i have this eternal struggle of making weight as i love eating sugar.also im not sure how tough the judging will be.
i could get brutally stapled.make sure you tune in.lol.

Last edited:
I think Alex Cochrane-Davis the Aussie 83 jr champ posts here on the rare occasion as well.Hes a very good lifter however he may have his hands full in his division as the World junior champ is coming and hes fricken awesome.Will be enjoyable to watch.
I see in the 93s that a guy with a 800 total is coming from Khazakstan.crazy stuff.

Can PA lifters post here? Is Ausbb on the IPF allowed message board list?
well i dont mind posting here from time to time however its for motivational purposes and i better back my mouth up and be accountable for what ive said regarding my goals and purposes..im out of the loop with whats happening generally as i live a fair way from the hub of activity and train on my own.
id assume most people are too busy.