• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oceania & Asian Raw & Equipped Powerlifting Championships 2014

Yes, and it all takes so little effort. In the platform room there is the red/white lift status lights which are big and bold and easy for everyone to see. But the lifting roster, including current lifter, stats and weight attempt is to0 small to see from half way back in the room, and is angled towards the platform so that the loaders can see the plate graphic to load the bar properly. They need another screen with the lifter's stats and current weight attempt for the audience.

Mind you, CAPO drop the ball as well when it comes to notifying the public about comps. Seems to be a thing in powerlifting.

Yeah it's an unfortunate phenomenon, may change over time who knows but without some active involvement it will take a lot longer. It's things like this that cause new federations to form. Doesn't do the current feds or their athletes any good though.

its such a low key sport.despite squat benching and deadlifting being the backbone of other individual and team sport training programs and the sport itself having many fantastic athletes,hardly anyone in the general public knows about it.
noone outside of the sport really cares how much someone can squat.lol.

its such a low key sport.despite squat benching and deadlifting being the backbone of other individual and team sport training programs and the sport itself having many fantastic athletes,hardly anyone in the general public knows about it.
noone outside of the sport really cares how much someone can squat.lol.

You have to ask why this is? The object of marketing is to change this.

its because to understand how hard and heavy a squat or a deadlift is,you have to train it.
I appreciate it when someone squats 240 or pulls a 300 even though i cant do that myself.i have an inkling of how difficult that is.Most dont.

plus its not the most interesting sport to watch if you arent a fan.

its because to understand how hard and heavy a squat or a deadlift is,you have to train it.
I appreciate it when someone squats 240 or pulls a 300 even though i cant do that myself.i have an inkling of how difficult that is.Most dont.

plus its not the most interesting sport to watch if you arent a fan.

What I'm getting at is that it's possible to appeal to a broader base and give the sport more prominence in the public eye. Look at the difference in body-building over the past 15 years.

theres the danger element associated to extreme sports that people cant identify with.i also reckon you gotta be a bit loco to want to be crushed,overcome it and take on gravity.theres a mentality that goes with it that sane people dont like.

plus if u bench and do arms,youll look better faster.who wants to do legs anyway.noone cares.

People love extreme sports. You can bet that if Redbull sponsored a PL team in 12 months it would be getting worldwide coverage.

i dont know enough to go back and forth with you lol.you could be right.i do know that its extremely popular in some parts of the world but not so much here.Maybe the market is just saturated with different sports anyway.

look im only limited in what i know and see.PA seems to be a well run organisation from my perspective.You have to understand that Powerlifting itself along with other sports only has a limited following from a limited market.Theres a million things that people can choose from.Sports is only a small part of the equation,theres plenty of other leisure activities that people can do.

i dont want to make it sound like its a degenerate sport either lol but its like anything else that pushes the boundaries.Most people are content not to push themselves by riding a fast bike,climbing a mountain,or running a marathon.Theres a danger element to it.You can hurt yourself.

i have no idea how you can improve the marketing of it without increasing participation,but then that brings me back to the point that its not a sport for everyone.

can someone put a scoreboard up with the lifters on the livestream tho pls.even audio of the announcer would be uber.thanks muchly.

Last edited:
Live stream here (at last):

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/asia-oceania-championships

It's on now until Sunday 14th.

TUESDAY 9th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw BP Men (40 Lifters)

12.30 p.m. Raw BP Men (40 Lifters)

3.00 p.m. Raw BP Men (40 Lifters)

6.00 p.m. Raw PL (Women 43kg.-52kg.) (18 Lifters)

WEDNESDAY 10th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw PL (Men 53kg--59kg.) (20 Lifters)

3.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men 66kg.) (30 Lifters)

7.00 p.m. Raw PL (Women 57kg.) (14 Lifters)

THURSDAY 11th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw PL (Men 74kg.) (33 Lifters)

3.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 83kg.) (20 Lifters)

7.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 83kg.) (20 Lifters)

FRIDAY 12th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw PL (Women 63kg.) (26 Lifters)

3.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 93kg.) (21 Lifters)

7.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 93kg.) (21 Lifters)

SATURDAY 13th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw PL (Women 72kg.--84kg.) (29 lifters)

3.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 105kg.) (20 Lifters)

7.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men part 105kg.) (19 Lifters)

SUNDAY 14th DECEMBER

10.00 a.m. Raw PL (Women 84+kg., Men 120kg. &120+kg age-groups) (24 lifters)

2.00 p.m. Raw PL (Men Open 120kg & 120+kg.) (16 lifters)

heh the guy from kuytugfgizstan in my category has pulled out.obviously intimidated by my nominated total being 75kgs lower than his.thanks dude.ill send you a photo of my medal and the cheque is in the mail.
nek minit miss my openers.
some big benching today.as i was saying before the kiwi superheavy is a massive unit.

Last edited: