• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oceania & Asian Raw & Equipped Powerlifting Championships 2014

Anyone can post here. Why wouldn't they be able too? Surely they wouldn't ban a member from posting on a non-affiliated board...fuck me.

I understand you are in your 50's; outstanding lifting by you.

PA has many excellent masters lifters.

Anyone can post here. Why wouldn't they be able too? Surely they wouldn't ban a member from posting on a non-affiliated board...fuck me.

He's being a funny kunce.

Yeah I see your point Woody, from what I've seen in training it is a fair bit different. Alex used to post a bit here, as did Stephen Pritchard, but I don't recall them posting for quite some time now.

Isn't Ben (El Freako) P.A.
He hasn't posted for a while. He's been gagged. It's all clear now.
Fckn P.A Kunce.

i think that most of the team train together in Melbs so theres probably no need to post here.i think that in order to improve i might have to move down there and become a bit more immersed but thats a yr or two away.
not sure why we would be censured anyway as firstly i dont know anything..lol,secondly i can only speak positively about competing in PA ,and thirdly theres so many great lifters coming in the next few weeks that its exciting news.

I understand you are in your 50's; outstanding lifting by you.

PA has many excellent masters lifters.
Yeah not only Woodies but theres Steve Pritchard and Eric Dumas plus the two machines in the m1 93s Clarke and Owen.Really Aussie produces some of the best masters lifters in the world.

Don't forget Wim (Bill) Van Weenen. World record holder. Masters 5 (80+) with a 200kg deadlift. Ferkyeahbrah. He competed a few months back and got drug tested. I shit you not.

I cant find any ticketing info or prices on the website, what's the go?

door sales..rock on up to the door and say you are the mighty Repacked from Aus bb.that should guarantee you precisely a zero % discount.If they arent satisfied with that just say you know gerry as well for extra street cred.

They probably wont know who that is though.

srsly id say it would be reasonably priced to get in.

door sales..rock on up to the door and say you are the mighty Repacked from Aus bb.that should guarantee you precisely a zero % discount.If they arent satisfied with that just say you know gerry as well for extra street cred.

They probably wont know who that is though.

srsly id say it would be reasonably priced to get in.

images

enjoy the show.some very good lifters coming and some good battles in all the weight classes.if i was to say which weight class i prefer to watch it would have to be the superheavyweights man.

i would quite happily pay more on my membership to get people like Blaine Sumner and Ray Williams as well as even some of the IPF equipped monsters like Carl Yngvar Christensen to come lift raw in Australia with the Oceania giants.
Probably in the case of Christensen its never gonna happen.i can dream a little tho?

Last edited:
for me interesting to see today the Nauru lifters in the flesh.i saw a couple of them briefly in the weigh in room and to tell you the truth i was a bit surprised to see how short they are in real life.they are jacked tho.Roland Raboe must be 5 4 and the -120 kg jim Kalinsky( i think it was him) i reckon is a bit shorter than me.
even someone like Jezza who to me on video looks huge isnt actually in my opinion much more than 5 10.at a measly 160+kgs.
they are very compact and its no surprise why they lift so freakin huge.
there was a lebanese lifter there too...he had an awesome physique.would win the posedown section.
there was a kiwi bench presser there and he was a nice guy but i was in awe of his size..im sure he said quietly he was weighing in at 220 kgs.i could of heard that wrong tho.i felt very insignificant.

Last edited:
i cant be overawed lol.cant wait to lift.Dont be nervous Kelvin!
was some excellent lifting yesterday.always enjoy watching Shingi and Rob Mentha lift especially.Ahaha i could see Shingi praying from where i was sitting.
the man is a beast.African power.300 kg will fall.hasnt lifted that for long and already lining up open records.

Last edited:
According to the white board at the entry, full week spectator pass is $50. Thats almost half the price of one day at bodybuilding comp. For a single day, which most would be using, it's $10. On Sunday (yesterday) it was pretty packed for the opening national comp. Young guy from my gym opened with a national juniors deadlift. Go Josh. Not bad for his second comp.

Some huge guys there coming in to pick up their passes. Despite the fact that there was a live stream, there was no link on the PA website, their facebook page or the Oceania/Asian web page. Very frustrating. If anyone can find the link, post it so that we can all get a dose of awesome. A bit hot and stuffy in the room. Hopefully they can sort that out.

yea cool air would be nice..im watching the equipped guys on/off and i know you reckon they should have a seperate comp K and i can see the reasoning behind it but they could say the same about the masters! lol. but still its an impressive thing seeing all those plates stacked up.

Last edited:
Despite the fact that there was a live stream, there was no link on the PA website, their facebook page or the Oceania/Asian web page. Very frustrating.

Seems to me that PA really do very little to market the sport, which is unfortunate for everyone involved.

Seems to me that PA really do very little to market the sport, which is unfortunate for everyone involved.

Yes, and it all takes so little effort. In the platform room there is the red/white lift status lights which are big and bold and easy for everyone to see. But the lifting roster, including current lifter, stats and weight attempt is to0 small to see from half way back in the room, and is angled towards the platform so that the loaders can see the plate graphic to load the bar properly. They need another screen with the lifter's stats and current weight attempt for the audience.

Mind you, CAPO drop the ball as well when it comes to notifying the public about comps. Seems to be a thing in powerlifting.