• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oceania & Asian Raw & Equipped Powerlifting Championships 2014

wood's best total is 687.5kg, but still did well today. Strong bloke, especially for over 50.

woody, when did you start lifting?

First comp 3 years ago. Just did fat loss before that.

I'm glad this year is over. Its been shitty for me. SI joint, piriformis, rotator cuff. Time to get all Sparta.

Who says that powerlifting is not entertaining. The final squat session was like a rock concert. The sound distortion pretty much represents the roof tearing off. Those islanders sure love their lifters.

Jezza was awesome. 405 opener? Chityeah.

I don't think the judges can deal with some of these big guys. Seems to be a common problem with the 120+kg guys. There was an article by a US lifter about that issue. Anyhoo, Jezza got his last lift cleared by the panel. So all good. Pity he did not get his opener cos pretty sure, by the way the crowd was and the speed of the bar, that he would have done 414+ for a new world record.

Oliva was his usual awesome self. All the guys lifted heart and soul.

My day sucked. I was hoping to crack 700. Such is life when competing. Addison Kaye tore a hammy in his last squat. He was in the final session. And Leigh Wiseby tore up all sorts of chit, mostly in his shoulder. So I got off pretty light with a sucky total. At least I did a PR on my squat and equaled the national record. Its gonna fall, I tellsyah.

Pretty good for an old ķűņćę.

I'm not old. Inside I'm 18. My sense of humour is about 10.

The old people are the ones who look at me on the street with that "that guy is a freak I wish I was like him but I don't want to put in the effort" kuntzes. They come in all age brackets.

No matter who we are, where we come from, what our beliefs, our politics, our colour, education, age and personality. We all use the iron to be better. Iron brothers.

I'm not old. Inside I'm 18.

No matter who we are, where we come from, what our beliefs, our politics, our colour, education, age and personality. We all use the iron to be better. Iron brothers.

Good attitude and good luck with your future lifting.

I also take my weights serious, just as I did when a lot younger.

Check out dis chit. Not an international comp so not a world record, but obviously Ray is ready to beat Jezza's 413kg wr. This squat done this week.

looks like Williams is going to be first drug tested fed lifter to total 1000kg raw (no wraps). Incredible feat.